Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi
Just caught up with the series this morning; went out, bought a Jump, and read along with the 18 translation. Not that it was even that necessary in this case, seeing as there was so little text, and the little that was there was simple :P I just want to thank you once again for catching up and being willing to keep up with the series.
This puffer whale arc has been awesome beginning to end - and it's not over yet. The gourmet policeman looks very cool, as does the scary yeti not-alive-thing.
This manga is just so imaginative and creative; I don't think there's been a single moment when I've been bored or not intrigued. Shimabukuro's art makes for very cool setting, character, and monster designs, and his story is simple but works really well. The series as a whole reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger and Cross, as well as (in various parts) HxH, Dragonball, and One Piece - an excellent cross, and clearly in the hands of a talented mangaka.
I'm also really glad that it's doing so well in the ToC, because it means that - for now at least - there's a new series I like that I don't have to worry about getting canceled in the near future. I hope - and at this point presume - that its success is genuine; we won't really know until November, though.