darkband

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Just read the translation of 93 and wow!! Setsuno scares away the bishokukai, jeez she must be something if all of them just up and run away when she shows up. And apparently they are going to go to the Life country, where they can get Toriko's arm fixed, and probably get medicene for Takimaru's friend(forgot the name). And as I thought Komatsu got the last of the soup, so that he can make it. Though I really wonder if this Life country will be an arc all its own, or just an interlude. any thoughts people.
 

darkband

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow... Teppei with pink hair. I didn't see that one coming, I thought... oh wait that's part of his helmet isn't it. Anyways, thanks for the pic.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Cool cover and yeah on a cp, iirc, teppei was shown with green hair

anyway the last chapter was cool because we saw the true power of Setsuno. Alfarro couldn't do anything against her (will) power. I definitely look forward to upcoming chapters (the land of healing). Toriko is really interesting...
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Setsuno's Haki is strong enough to shatter dinner plates. I'm sure those plates were made out of some amazing ivory or some other thing and sharpened to an insane degree, but every time a good guy destroys an evil plate or straw I have to giggle a little.

A pretty cool end to the Ice Hell saga. I really enjoyed this stuff, and am already drooling in anticipation for the Century Soup that Komatsu will make.
 

v3g374

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

All I can say that way the most awesome chapter of Toriko (to me at least).
I loved this Ice Hell saga. Old Lady Setsuno kicks ass.
Is it possible Komatsu will be that strong too?
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I think he'd have to be injected with Gourmet Cells if he wanted to get stronger. His growth would be amazing if he did though; look at all the amazing things he has eaten as just a regular human.

We might actually be seeing signs of him getting stronger. The mini-gt robot was not able to kill him, and he was getting attacked pretty consistently by his new penguin buddy. Just as long as he doesn't get all ripped like Toriko.
 

darkband

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

He doesn't have to get ripped like Toriko, just look at Setsuno. She looks like a thin, powerless granny and yet Alfarro straight out said they could not have won. If Komatsu gets stronger, he doesn't need bulging muscles.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Is it possible Komatsu will be that strong too?
I would dislike the idea of Komatsu being a fighter. Komatsu's role at this moment is very good. There is indeed something odd about him if we could believe the poison guy of the heavenly kings (forgot his name). I think Komatsu's strength has been shown now in a way that the gourmet world seems to like him and maybe he can use that in upcoming arcs and fights
 

Wrath

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
26
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Komatsu doesn't need to be a fighter to become stronger. I would quite like him to be injected with gourmet cells, and if that happened he might get a fight every once in a while but he's always going to be support for Toriko and that's cool. He'd be like Terry or Rin. Not in every arc, and not really getting their own fights, but still capable of defending themselves. Besides, he needs his own full course menu!

We know that he's an excellent chef, but I think there's been an expansion recently of the role of the chefs. There was the idea that there are ten star chefs out there and also that Setsunon can fight, so I think there's definitely room for Komatsu to become stronger.

Actually.. something just occurred to me. Of the three Heavenly Kings we've seen each has had one super sense. Toriko is smell, Coco is vision and Sani is touch. Presumably Zebra will be the same, and given the common misconception that there are five senses, that leaves hearing and taste. If we assume that Zebra is hearing, since that's the more combat-oriented of the two, then perhaps Komatsu is going to take on the role of the manga's super-taster... He already has that potential, but if he got gourmet cells it would no doubt improve to a superhuman level.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Is there a raw out?
 

Idol

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
277
Reaction score
6,893
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

94 is a great chapter!
I have already finished to clean it, i hope that kewl will post it today, 'cause i can't waiting!
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Interesting interesting interesting. So Sani is heading after the dessert that will finish his full course meal, and it turns out to be another piece of Acacia's full course. Sani looks a lot cooler with his hair pulled back in the ponytail. I can understand having it down when it is time to battle, but I hope we get to see it stay in the style for a little longer.

More Zebura info too. I wonder when he will finally make his debut. We got to see some of his face this time around, which leads me to believe that it will be soon. Characters usually keep their faces obstructed until they are about to play a part in the main story.

Love the cactus doctors. The butterfly thing was actually a pretty cool thing. Definitely something we could use in real life when earthquakes and other disasters hit.

The color pages were pretty great this time. Sani's perfectly sculpted butt aside, the color spread had a good visual impact. Komatsu looks like he is ready to cook the crap out of some soup.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm sad to see Komatsu go with Granny, he's just the perfect sidekick with great facial reactions. At least we get Sani back into the story again. It's just like him to be increasing his looks even while hunting down a new ingredient. I liked the doctor fish that eat dead skin cells because there are fish in the real world that do the same thing. Yosaku is looking bad ass, I would want to cross paths with him.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yosaku is definitely a interesting character. Thx for posting 95. Looks like he has medical knowledge despite being strong. Im curious though what they said at the end (20).

Moderator Notice:
added spoiler~ Akiyama

Sry about spoiler - Bhair
 
Last edited:

Foundway

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

First of all chapter 94 was great. Nice to see Sani again.
A question about Teppei master ? I thought I read somewhere that jirou the knocking master is his master , but now in ch.94 teppei said that yosaku is his master.
Can somebody help me.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

We were just speculating that Teppei's master is Jirou because they are both masters of knocking and have the same hairstyle.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Anyone any infos on 95? Also which chapter is the latest in japan?
 
Top