LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

138 color cover



I wonder if this cover is in part due to color choice the Anime team chose for one of the the GT Robo's in the opening, even though this is a Birdman.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Just wondering, are you guys here interested in fake spoilers from 2ch (or other sources) or just real spoilers?

is it gonna be Komatsu's death #2? :o Wasn't expecting that last panel at all.
If there is a instant translation software that does a perfect translation, I'm sure people would want to read the fake spoilers because some of them are actually pretty entertaining.

However, fact remains that it takes time for someone to translate it, and if it turns out to be fake, there goes the 30 mins or more of the translator's life that was wasted.
 

cartofipai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

last chapter announced a super project for toriko...wonder what it is
 

cartofipai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

btw the spoiler is true
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow, what an unexpected chapter. I can say I really didn't expect that in any which way at all. Is that book that valuable?
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Awesome chapter !!!! Great teamwork those three showed!!!
And Komatsu got stabbed ! :crying
I don't know how they are going to survive this ! Komatsu after this will need most certainly a urgent treatment ! Toriko and Zebra are almost with no energy left ! If they eat the cola probably their cells are going to evolve but for that to happen it will be needed that they are fast doing that cuz their is always the chance of the birdman to attack them! Cuz if not they probably won't have a chance!

Although it is probable that maybe the birdman attacked Komatsu because of the fact that he "stole" that book! The birdman is probably some kinda of guardian so maybe he is not going to attack Toriko and Zebra !

This chapter was awesome!!! Can't wait for the next chapter !!! which will only be in 2 weeks :crying
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Great chapter!! We would get a cliffhanger like this when there is a break next week. That was superb teamwork by those 3. I kinda want to see what Komatsu could do with all 4 of the Kings. :-)

I hope that cola does re-energize them, because if not and no one else pops up to help, they are in trouble.

It's good to see Komatsu get some confidence but I'm still ready for him to get an upgrade in the physical department (just thinking about Setsuno in Chapter 93).
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

He will !!! I also think that it will come a time that Komatsu will surpass Setsuno ! but for that to happen as you said it will be needed some major improvements on his physical strength
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Great chapter... This was definitely showing us what use Komatsu will be in the near future. I loved how he led Toriko and Zebra to unfolding the secrets behind the salamander sphinx and the mellow cola. Komatsu is a great asset and I think that Toriko and Zebra can thank him for all this.

I do believe that Komatsu isn't stabbed. I think that the mangaka wants to make us believe that he is stabbed. I think that this happening is some sort of evolution within Komatsu. I think that he is feeling what is about to come. He is probably feeling that the birdman is going to stab him. Remember that Toriko mentioned the sensation of hostility or not? Well, maybe Komatsu is experiencing the feeling of hostility. Toriko and Zebra don't have the power to fight it unless the mellow cola is going to give them a lot of calories.

If Komatsu is stabbed then it might be that the mellow cola can cure him but I'd rather believe that this sensation is a warning to hide asap

@Jorped: thanks for joining the Toriko sig connection
 
Last edited:

Steiner

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Komatsu doesn't have the same evolving cells as Toriko and the others right? If I'm remembering that correctly, this stabbing may be the situation that causes Komatsu to finally receive the cells as a means of healing him. Of course, where he would get the cells in the middle of nowhere is a different matter unless Toriko and/or Zebra have a way of infusing him with some of their own cells.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Zebra: "Making beasts cry is my specialty!" :rofl

The scene where Komatsu has Toriko and Zebra in his hands as "utensils" and the whole idea of it was cool. It was an interesting way of looking at things! As expected, Komatsu was the key in obtaining the mellow cola. That was some amazing team work there, and like others have said, it would be really cool if we could see Sani and Coco added to the mix. They would be quite the combo - the 4 heavenly kings and one amazing chef.

All in all a great and unexpected chapter, both love and hate the cliffhanger :shakefist I think Komatsu did indeed get stabbed, but either the mellow cola will be able to save him, or the book will contain some advanced birdmen medical technology or something. Though the latter would be a moot point if the book were to get taken back by the birdman :sweat

Is the birdman in the second page (the page after the CP) the same one that stabbed Komatsu? Less blood splatters on the one that stabbed Komatsu, but I think they are most likely the same. The way the beast was left decimated on the 2nd page does not bode very well for Komatsu, or even Toriko and Zebra for that matter.

Ooh jorped, that's a really nice sig :hurr *cough*imadeit*cough*
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

love this sign :hurr

Koen's theory is possible of happening ! Most of the times when we get scenes like this on the end of a chapter, the mangakas make us believe that they are in trouble and that the character can eve die , but most of the times that isn't what happens !
It would be awesome if it was Komatsu that felt what was going to happen, but how can Mitsui really explain this ?

I don't think that the birdman will try to attack Toriko and Zebra cuz if he does they will be destroyed i think!
The cola is most likely one ingredient that will make their gourmet cells evolve, so they are going to become much stronger , but they currently are almost with no energy left . I think it will depend in the energy that the cola gives to them !
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, Komatsu isn't common either. He can understand ingredients whereas others can't. The fact that he could understand the content of the book was not because he is a cook only but also because he is Komatsu. I really couldn't believe that another IGO cook would be able to do the same.

There are imo two possibilities:
1. Komatsu has been stabbed by the birdman: then I believe that the mellow cola might be his lifebuoy because of some hidden regenerative powers in the cola
2. Komatsu hasn't been stabbed by the birdman: then I believe that this sensations might come from his curious way of understanding ingredients, etc... The bishoku-ya have each a superhuman sense Toriko (smell), Coco (vision), Sani (Touch) and Zebra (hearing). Well, this might be a far fetched prediction but what if Komatsu has some superhuman Taste and what if it is his taste that is the sense which is warning him for an upcoming assault.

Anyway, I think that the birdman is after Komatsu because of the book he has. Those birdmen are also fascinating since they can get to their older selves due to food/ingredients
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The chapter was pretty good.:) Even though I don't get that actual importance of Komatsu as a part of the team while they are actually fighting.:) I can understand that he can cook damn good, but to lead two experienced Bishokuyas... it's a bit overstreched.
Even though it was good to see that Toriko and Zebra finally managed to make that Spinx cry. The cliffhanger was shocking. I believe that Komatsu won't die. Actually I agree with people who are saying that that's a good posibility for Komatsu to get Gourmet Cells if he is actually injured.
Also there is a posibility of him filling hostility towards him from the Birdman.
Also I believe that both Toriko and Zebra will develop their Gourmet Cells in the next chapter by drinking Mellow Cola.:)

I actually fill that the next chapter will be even more epic that the current and for this we should wait for two weeks.:)
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I wonder if Zebra will add the Mellow Cola to his full course menu. We have yet to see what he has on it, but he's gone through quite a lot just to have a taste of this ingredient.

Komatsu was pretty cool this chapter. I liked that the cookbook wasn't just giving him all the answers, but forced him to hone his ability to hear the voices of ingredients. That's part of what has made Setsuno a powerful chef, and it will definitely do the same for our plucky little guy. He just needs to, you know, stop getting killed or coming close.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I wonder if Zebra will add the Mellow Cola to his full course menu. We have yet to see what he has on it, but he's gone through quite a lot just to have a taste of this ingredient.

Komatsu was pretty cool this chapter. I liked that the cookbook wasn't just giving him all the answers, but forced him to hone his ability to hear the voices of ingredients. That's part of what has made Setsuno a powerful chef, and it will definitely do the same for our plucky little guy. He just needs to, you know, stop getting killed or coming close.
Nice one, I totally forgot Setsuno. She is "merely" a cook but a cook who had the strength to scare alfaro due to her immense aura which broke his plates/weapons. She is the perfect example for the potential that Komatsu has hence why I believe that Komatsu might have a superhuman sense, taste, without knowing at this moment. Or even better, who doesn't say that the cooks like Setsuno evolve all their sense to a maximal extent

I agree that Zebra should put mellow cola on its full course menu and as a surprise, it should be his first course :D Wouldn't that be great: coco, sani and toriko with some courses while zebra still has nothing on it :p
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I think it would be great for Komatsu to try to train in swordsmanship, cause now he has maybe one of the best knifes in the whole world and that's why he might have a good chance to become a match to some good level opponents. At least for opponents of 7-10 capture level.
Also I believe that Setsuno has Gourmet Cells, so to become relevant fighter in distant future he needs them.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hmm, I can't really imagine Komatsu being a swordsman... He may have an excellent knife in his possession, but it just strikes me as off to think of Komatsu using that knife in such a way. I'd rather he be like Setsuno, using his aura rather than some tangible and physical ability. Like Koen, I also see Setsuno as the epitome of the potential a chef has in terms of "fighting" ability, and definitely a target I hope to see Komatsu achieve. Komatsu already bested her in some aspects, being able to come up with the Century Soup must faster than she and even completing it, so it would not be too much of a stretch to imagine Komatsu besting her all around in time to come :tem
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I think that D. Dragon has a good point ! I can be wrong, but did we ever so someone that is very strong but doesn't possess any Gourmet Cells ?

I don't remember that we saw! By the way Setsuno on Toriko wiki is said to have gourmet cells.

So the question here is if you think it is possible for someone without Gourmet cells to be this powerful or you think that Komatsu will have gourmet cells at some point of the story ?
 
Top