Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I actually believe that it won't be posible for Komatsu to surpass Setsuno in terms of fighting without Gourmet Cells and also without using his new knife. He is damn weak now. He can't even take the capture level 1 beasts, so without Gourmet Cells and his fine knife he can't best her, cause she is way above Toriko now and Toriko is way above the majority of profesional Bishokuyas with Gourmet Cells.

Komatsu can be good at cooking, but it absolutely isn't connected to fighting. Also Setsuna's aura is connected to her being strong as a fighter and of course Komatsu won't obtain such level of aura unless he will get Gourmet Cells and be trained by strong fighters like IGO President or other top of the Worlde.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah and i think that Komatsu become stronger is a must!!

Toriko and Komatsu will end entering the Gourmet World and although Toriko on that time will be pretty strong i doubt that even him can protect Komatsu from everything !
Komatsu has to stop relaying so much on Toriko and improve his fighting skills ! And i think that for someone as Komatsu , an high level cook he should definitely start to improve his skills with that awesome knife ! As we see that knife as incredible powers and so although it can happen , i am not only expecting to see Komatsu use it to cook
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I don't see Komatsu becoming stronger than Setsuno any time soon, but it's definitely something that I think/hope will happen by the end of the manga, after much training and real-life experience.

It would be pretty hard, I suppose, unless Komatsu gets some gourmet cells later on. But, I was also thinking that perhaps, since all along Komatsu has been portrayed as someone very intrinsically special (despite not having gourmet cells), perhaps he may not need gourmet cells to become strong. Or, another wild theory... Perhaps now that he's injured, he might have some gourmet cells implanted into him (how? I don't know...). He's gonna need them anyway, and now that he's injured, it seems like it could be a good time.

Also, I still don't like the idea of using Melk's knife in combat... Maybe it's just me but I kinda feel like it would be wrong to brandish it in battle when it was made to be used in a kitchen :s But then again, with how Komatsu was directing Toriko and Zebura to defeat the beast and it was like preparing an ingredient (tenderizing the meat etc), it could well happen... I just, personally, don't really like the idea of it :XD
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

But what use would be that knife of?
Although it is always possible that it will appear some ingredients that will need a good knife in order to get good results, and so that knife can have a important jobs on those times.

I also don't think that Komatsu is going to be as strong as Setsuno very soon ,cuz if that happened it would be needed some ridiculous power up , even if for example he trained without stop for long time ! Komatsu right now is still very weak , i still can't see him defeating for example a beast level 2 and i think i am being very generous saying that. of course that it would be different if he used knife!

I think that it isn't possible for him to become someone very strong without Gourmet cells and i think that that is nothing wrong with it !
Seeing Komatsu becoming close to Toriko in strength someday would be a little embarrassing for Toriko i think , that during his all life didn't do nothing more than hunting beast and therefore becoming stronger and that at the same time had gourmet cells.
So putting Komatsu a lot strong without him having gourmet cells would ruin a bit in my opinion cuz it mean that for that he didn't needed as time and the cells to become very strong , and on the contrary side would be Toriko that has been "training" for long time and has gourmet cells.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So Komatsu was truly stabbed by the birdman's mouth. There goes my theory but you can clearly see that Zebra doesn't like what the birdman did to Komatsu. This is truly a terrific, angry face he is showing. So Toriko and Zebra against the birdman. I am looking forward to this match
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

spoiler translationVerification: Confirmed
Source: Manyou, MH
Credits: ??, saladesu

Toriko and Zebura are fighting the birdman
Komatsu coughs blood after being stabbed
Birdman becomes super muscular! He has many teeth covering the entire rough of his mouth and even below his tongue
Zebura says that Komatsu is indeed the reward he wanted, and laments that Komatsu has "met such an end", then rages that the mellow cola got stolen/taken ("WHO THE HELL AND WHERE THE HELL IS THE GUY WHO TOOK THE MELLOW COLA?!")...
Zebra and Toriko were already out of energy
Zebra turned that rage of his into energy, got back to max energy
Meanwhile Toriko induced autophagy and also got back to max energy
They head towards the super muscular birdman
Toriko uses 17-ren, Zebra uses a new technique "Meteor Noise"


Definitely interesting. So Komatsu was indeed stabbed. Cool that Zebra could actually change his rage into energy. Meteor Noise also looks pretty interesting, though I can't really see much of what is going on.

The super muscular birdman is kinda scary :s I always thought extremely muscular men looked kinda gross, but extremely muscular birdmen... :sweatdrop Nonetheless it looks to be a pretty cool chapter, can't wait to see Toriko+Zebra VS Birdman!
 
Last edited:

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So Komatsu is stabbed for real. Poor Komatsu...
But still I believe that it's the thing that will make both Toriko and Zebra develop greatly in order to teach that Birdman a lesson. As we are seeing they are evolving and getting new attacks (like Zebra) or developing their old attacks (like Toriko) and now they actually have a chance to beat this Birdman.
Alsoit's really interestinf what happened to the Mellow Cola. Did Birdman drink it?
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter is out in Chinese thanks to Manyou

Can download here.

I don't know the language, but this chapter has some absolutely epic reveals, and character introductions.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So will komatsu be a partner for both Zebra and Toriko ?
And I'm wondering how they will get back the Cola, will they make the bird puke it ? Could that be linked to the fact that the bird is linked to God ?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Cool chapter but I would have likened this to be more focused on the discovery of the birdman. Those pages were imo most interesting because it explained some connection between Akashia, the birdmen and the discovery of God. Loved that huge page, took an avatar of it

Well, I wonder what the last untold condition was? It might be related to what happened now and maybe it is that missed opportunity for Zebra. But never say never, our trio might be so popular that readers want Zebra in the story as much as possible.

Yeah, I think they have to. It is what they came for but I do hope that this cola is very rare. Compare it like a plant that grows max once in 10 year. Maybe the birdmen have a strong preference towards very rare, exclusive ingredients hence the mellow cola might be one like that
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Akashia is so cool, I want to know more about him.

But I think that if Ichiryu was his best pupil, it was only because of his attitude. I'm sure than The Boss is stronger than Ichiryu.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

And now this is what I call damn great chapter!
It was really unexpected to learn that Komatsu promised to become Zebra's partner, but actually it would be cool to see Komatsu being partner-cook for two of the Four Heavingly Kings.:)
And the most interesting part of the chapter obviously was the revelations about the Birdmen. As I thought Ichiruy knows about them. They surely are powerful and very intelligent, so they will become another opponents for Toriko and his friends as much as those Bishokukay.:)
The next chapter we are deffinetly going to see some insane fight.:) I believe that now Toriko and Zebra have a chance to take this Birdman down, cause they can combine their power.
The only problem will be Komatsu. To make him survive this wound they will need to insert Gourmet Cells in him, cause there are not any doctors in surroundings for sure.
 

ownage404

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
9
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

My theory on the last condition Komatsu made with Zebra is that he asked him to join their team
With how I saw the conversation going back and forth between them with the conditions. this is the only answer I can come up with.
I think it's about time that the president of IGO sort of explained some stuff to Toriko? I mean when he comes back, he has to go talk to him about the beast he saw twice in his effort to become stronger. If not then probably before he enters the Gourmet World will these birdman beasts be explained more thoroughly
 

nightshade_nova

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
31
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow it hit me now.God is actually that birdman thing, rather an old one at that.Just think about it.The birdman could be a being as smart as human, at least in hunting foods, and they could also have gourmet cells like Toriko has.

So, my theory is that God is an experienced birdman,(might be the king/clan leader of the birdman) who ate a hell fucking lot of high lvl food and its body evolved so much cos it has gourmet cells, they tasted fucking delicious.

Or the birdman is just a low lvl minions that hunt the food for this "god" to eat.And there are like other creatures more high lvl than the birdman that also work to feed this "god".(the theory that god has gourmet cells that becomes delicious as it eats more still applies here)

The name god might come from the fact that he's on top of the food chain.He'll eat the birdmen if they dont feed him or something.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I am not trying to knock your theories, since translations might not be completely accurate, but no where in this chapter does it give credence to those ideas. In fact it is rather quite the opposite.

The birdman possesses hints/clues on how to obtain the top of the line food item, "god." He was able to obtain that item by observing the birdmen.

Now, I am not saying your ideas are wrong, just that no where in the chapter does it state that they themselves are part of the ingredient god.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Interesting that Komatsu actually "agreed" to become Zebra's partner, though there is still that untold condition that we don't know yet, which could make the entire "agreement" moot. Komatsu would definitely never betray Toriko, so I think I agree with ownage404 that the final condition has something to do with joining them as a team or otherwise binding Zebra such that Komatsu can serve both Toriko and Zebra.

I also didn't foresee that it was the cola that was what made the birdman so muscular. Perhaps this cola will be able to revitalize/cure Komatsu.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Akashia is so cool, I want to know more about him.

But I think that if Ichiryu was his best pupil, it was only because of his attitude. I'm sure than The Boss is stronger than Ichiryu.
I can't agree more with you ! Although this isn't nothing more than opinions and "predictions" i think that that is indeed why Akashia choose Ichiryu over the Boss of Bishoku-kai! I think this is similar to what happened in Naruto! The Six Path Sage didn't make his choice based on the strength but in the personality of his two pupils.
And so i can't stop to think that this is the same case!

And now this is what I call damn great chapter!
It was really unexpected to learn that Komatsu promised to become Zebra's partner, but actually it would be cool to see Komatsu being partner-cook for two of the Four Heavingly Kings.
And the most interesting part of the chapter obviously was the revelations about the Birdmen. As I thought Ichiruy knows about them. They surely are powerful and very intelligent, so they will become another opponents for Toriko and his friends as much as those Bishokukay.
The next chapter we are deffinetly going to see some insane fight. I believe that now Toriko and Zebra have a chance to take this Birdman down, cause they can combine their power.
The only problem will be Komatsu. To make him survive this wound they will need to insert Gourmet Cells in him, cause there are not any doctors in surroundings for sure.
Yeah i agree with you , this chapter was so awesome :zomg
I am expecting to see how Mitsutoshi is going to handle this all situation between Zebra and Komatsu , that also affects Toriko. I think that it wouldn't be bad if for now on Zebra joined the group , but i am still not very sure about this possibility !
But Zebra would definitely be a huge help for Toriko and Komatsu cuz the Gourmet World is something that is indeed very terrifying and with Zebra strength it would definitely raise their chances of surviving there !
About the Birdmen , if Akashia decided to study them and gave then to Ichiryu the same task , i think that although he could have done this only in order to get to know more about and also discover more secrets foods and stuff like that , i think that if he didn't fight with them that happens because he probably though that although they are strong he was more ! And the same happens with Ichiryu ! I think he wouldn't give to his pupil a task of observing a animal that is powerful than him!
So that gives to us maybe a hint that Zebra and Toriko together might have a chance against the Birdmen ! But i think it will be extremely difficult !
But in the end i think that the Birdmen will leave and they will survive !
How the hell are Toriko and Zebra now going to eat the Cola ? :crying
I was expecting to see an evolution of their gourmet cells :crying
And how the hell komatsu is going to survive ? As already some people said he will probably have inject in his body gourmet cells!

Can't wait for the next chapter :zomg
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Do you think that the bird can have some gourmet cell too ? That would explain his transformation. What puzzled me is that this one behave completely differently from the one in the sky which was rather pacific and I don't think it is due to the book
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Do you think that the bird can have some gourmet cell too ? That would explain his transformation. What puzzled me is that this one behave completely differently from the one in the sky which was rather pacific and I don't think it is due to the book
Well the one in the sky might be the one which was closed up in the prison when it was young. Toriko wiki mentions this a prediction but for some reason I totally missed a reference of a birdman being locked up in a human world prison (honey prison?). Hence why it could be very different

I think that this might be very possible. It has always intrigued that the cells are named to the part of the world in which human life is almost impossible, gourmet world. Gourmet cells must have a connection with the ingredients and I wouldn't be surprised if the ingredients in the gourmet world would be better suited for it. Yeah, the chances are very likely that the fast body regeneration and growth has a link with "gourmet" cells
 
Top