fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Big announcement is tough. I mean, it already has a 3D movie AND an anime. Maybe a video game? We've got enough characters introduced now to do a fighting game.

Great chapter. Cool to see how Toriko and Zebra are able to fight together. Maybe at some point down the line we'll get to see all four of the Heavenly Kings do a group attack. They apparently used to work closer together, so that might account for how they got to be famous before they got the power-ups from the food we've seen so far.

The actual birdmen must be impossibly strong if the two of them struggled so much against a mummified one. There was something grotesque and kind of adorable about the young birdman. If it was a Pokémon I'd have to have one.
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

If the announcement is a video game then I hope it comes to America. The only games we really get based on manga are Naruto games (there are a few others but the majority is Naruto).

Great chapter! Yeah, I think the birdman is done for, but I also think that was a weak one. I'm guessing the next chapter they will give Komatsu some kinda treatment and get out of there. But I want to believe that they will somehow get a little of the Melo Cola and Zebra is gonna put it on his full course menu and that will introduce his menu.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

About the announcement... I read Kewl's translation and he says "And the long awaited execution of that plan!!"
So I've no idea what it's supposed to mean, but I wouldn't trust MS' translation in this case. They've made a few small mistakes in this chapter, if we compare their translations to Kewl's.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice chapter , but was hoping for something though -_-;

Nice to finally see what condition Komatsu did with Zebra :tem It seems that for now we are going to see Zebra a lot :zomg
It was epic to see both Zebra and Toriko this "crazy" and mad ! The birdman is so damm awesome :zomg
I think that Toriko and Zebra are not going to managed to kill it , or they have some help or for some reason the Birdman goes away! Maybe some ally of Toriko and Zebra appears :zomg

And i am with the people here that want to see Terry appearing more often :thumbs
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

If they were unable to procure more Melo Cola then I would be all for them eating the Birdman. They are constantly trying to devour more rare food items, and maybe eating an animal at the top of the food chain would advance their gourmet cells even further.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Would you really want to eat THAT birdman though? It's practically jerky right now.
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, eating the birdman crossed my mind too but doesn't it seem a little too "human" to eat? Maybe its just that I'm used to seeing the GT Robo's talking and all that.
 

tobeulp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
801
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow this chapter is great glad to see more of fighting rather than more talking...
I think the 4 Kings will be a team going to the Gourmet World...
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

No, I don't expect them to eat that birdman. First, because it is hairless, and second because they are set up thus far to be an opponent. In this series you defeat, not eat, your opponent.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, it is quite curious indeed because Toriko said in chapter 6 or something close to it that "he only prey on those that he decided to eat. If he doesn't wanna eat it then he won't kill it and if he killed then he will eat it"

So, it is quite easy. Toriko hasn't killed the birdman but he immobilized it to an extent by which the birdman can't attack anymore. The birdman wasn't their initial prey, the mellow cola was. However they killed and eat animals with awful taste to gain back strength. This hypothesis is very dangerous knowing what the birdman is capable of.

Toriko has killed the birdman and then he will eat it. He stated his rule very clear to Komatsu during the fruit of rainbow arc. I hope that the mangaka didn't forget this
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, it is quite curious indeed because Toriko said in chapter 6 or something close to it that "he only prey on those that he decided to eat. If he doesn't wanna eat it then he won't kill it and if he killed then he will eat it"

So, it is quite easy. Toriko hasn't killed the birdman but he immobilized it to an extent by which the birdman can't attack anymore. The birdman wasn't their initial prey, the mellow cola was. However they killed and eat animals with awful taste to gain back strength. This hypothesis is very dangerous knowing what the birdman is capable of.

Toriko has killed the birdman and then he will eat it. He stated his rule very clear to Komatsu during the fruit of rainbow arc. I hope that the mangaka didn't forget this
I also hope that the mangaka didn't forget this, so i hope that if he kills it and doesn't eat we have some kinda of reason to why that happened !
Maybe the fact that the Birdman attacked Komatsu can make Toriko overlook one of his "rules".

I just hope that in the end they find way of evolving their cells ! On this chapter they really proved that their teamwork is really something terrifying but i think that they are still not ready to enter in the gourmet world ! They need an evolution of their cells in order to have any chance of surviving in the "Gourmet World"
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

He will have to eat that Birdman or he'll mess himself up again. He was quite clearly warned that he'd have to eat once his body started eating itself.
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

^^^^ I agree...Toriko has to eat something pretty quickly. Maybe they will eat the Salamander Sphinx. Or maybe a random beast will appear and they will eat that to give them just enough strength to get back on track.
 

dct21

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i wonder if these bird human things are what they modeled the gt robos after, but dang toriko and zebra beat the crap outta that guy.

I finally caught up to the current chapter and toriko has alot of one piece elements in it
 

jinoku

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
150
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I wonder if the Birdman tastes like chicken... I say its dinner time. Something/somebody is gonna eat something!
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, he's definitely going to have to eat the Birdman, since there's not much else around. Although, I get the feeling it's not going to taste good, which is probably going to suck for them. Not to mention that there's that much meat on it.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I don't think any other food than the cola can make them evolve. Plus that is what they came after
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

From ohana (2ch):
はーい!!

祝トリコ3周年
人気投票やるよ!!


グルメ141 鼓動!!
コンボ技で鳥さん倒れる。倒れる前にトリコ達をにらむ。
倒れてもバタバタ。

ほっといても朽ちるだろうけど、今すぐにらくにしてやるぜ!とゼブラ
死音
鳥死亡。

どこからか鼓動が聞こえ、鳥が生き返ったかとビビるけど
小松の鼓動だった。
小松 コーラは?
トリコ さっきのやつに奪われた。。

ゼブラ トリコ疲れで膝をつく
小松、コーラの説明

虎、眼からコーラの涙を流す。。。
コーラを浴びる。飲む!!ゼブラ トリコ 小松

ゼブラ 俺はこのコーラをフルコースに入れる。
小松 え?
ゼブラ これならオレのコンビになるよな?

で終わり
サーセイ★
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I hope a translation is coming soon. I'm really interested in knowing what happens in this chapter.
 
Top