LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Im still shocked at this timeline. Acacia noticed them so freaking long ago, and passed it down to his pupil Ichi. Just how long did Acacia live, and how old is Ichi?

Also, I was wondering when we would get introduced to new powerful people, because as it was there was roughly only 15 total people introduced thus far who even had a chance of stepping foot in the Gourmet World. But with the introduction of this 0th Biotope and the additional members yet to be revealed we now have stepping stones for Toriko. Because as it was, the power gap between him and Acacia's disciples, or the Head chef's we have seen was just freaking ginormous.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

We still need more strong bad guys. The known Bishokukai are not enough, considering most of them should be around Toriko's level, or above him. But now we have like 25 guys who can stomp Toriko.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The chapter was great. We got plenty of information and got practically all the information about Nitro revealed. We can finally call them some normal easy way and not just Birdmen.
I really thought before that GT Robots were made to resemble Nitro and it actually appeared to be true. And they are said to be damn formidable enemies not only being strong, but also having intelligence. They actually formed civilizations! Also their life force is insane. They can live for inmesurable years and can adapt to insane weather and also can sleep for thousands of years. But of course we will know more later in the story.

Also we got the name of Bishokukai's leader.

And also we got to know who was that third guy and also we got information on the 0th Biotope in the Gourmet World and some info about those who are working there. I believe we'll see them later in the story (of course we know some of them). At least I hope we'll see the man who is protecting the road to the Gourmet World. He should be a beast.:)
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Great chapter. I like informative chapters when its packed with information you don't know. So the Nitro are high powered Bishoku-ya and Top level chefs combined in one. And they are after Human chefs and possibly want to eat humans...that's gonna make for some interesting arcs. And they don't know how they reproduce...I think that's gonna be interesting information once that's revealed. I just hope it isn't something boring like spitting an egg out their mouth (think Piccolo from Dragon Ball) after eating a certain ingredient

I wonder how far Komatsu is from being in the top 100 chefs...

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing what Sani goes through on the Three Way road. Man, this one chapter opened up the door to so many possibilities. The future Gourmet war, the 0th biotope...even though I know the war will be a long time from now.

I wonder if Meteo Garlic (or whatever the ingredient beside Mellow Cola is on that list) will be the next arc.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Im still shocked at this timeline. Acacia noticed them so freaking long ago, and passed it down to his pupil Ichi. Just how long did Acacia live, and how old is Ichi?
It makes me wonder if Acacia himself is really dead. I thought he must be, but the more they bring him up the more I get the feeling that he may exist somewhere within the Gourmet World. His Full Course Meal may have evolved the cells in his body to the point where he could be near-immortal.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

REALLY good chapter this week! Loved all the information about Nitro.
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Acacia learned how to enter Cryptobiosis and is somewhere just waiting to be revived. Once again, great chapter this week.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This is off topic, but this page was awesome. http://mangastream.com/read/toriko/90728631/5

It was like out a movie, Toriko grabbing a 'cigar' and smoking it after being told to do something. That was great.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hmm, I wonder if there might be any significance to it at all, since half a page was dedicated to him lighting that cigar. Or I'm just reading too much into it (probably the case).

Very interesting info on Nitro (finally, a name for them! Though I kinda think Birdmen sounds cooler than Nitro :oh). The fact that they've survived since the time of dinosaurs and managed to do so through hibernation is really cool! So it was indeed the water that 'awakened' the Nitro in the gourmet pyramid from his slumber.

With the number of insanely strong people around, even those "normal" people with other day jobs who also work at Biotope 0, I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I wonder if Komatsu will speak about the book he found to the chief or if he will keep it to himself. I'm really curious to know more about what it contents
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

With the number of insanely strong people around, even those "normal" people with other day jobs who also work at Biotope 0, I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?
They're potential is so incredible, they're still young and evolving
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

And their potential is incredible because they've all got gourmet cells. When you think about it, it's kind of unfair to the other guys that don't, lol.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

With the number of insanely strong people around, even those "normal" people with other day jobs who also work at Biotope 0, I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?
I also wondered about those things too. It is a bit weird indeed ! Both Toriko and Zebra are very strong now but looking to these new characters strength they are still probably far away from being on that level. But the main question isn't about their strength now, but yes on the past ! Toriko at the beginning of the manga was much weaker than now , so it is a bit weird that he was already this important! But that prolly happened not principally about his strength but yes because of the fact that he discovered a lot of ingredients.

But i think the answer for your question, is probably the fact that their potential is huge !

Loved this chapter :thumbs
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

not principally about his strength but yes because of the fact that he discovered a lot of ingredients.

But i think the answer for your question, is probably the fact that their potential is huge
These are the correct answers.

They are part of a group of a very select few who actively go out trying to discover ingredients. And in Zebra's case, he is infamous for his destructive deeds.

Their potential is evident enough just looking at how much Toriko has grown in 130 chapters.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Mm I agree they have great potential, but it's kinda premature to call them the "Four Heavenly Kings" just because they have the potential, when they aren't there yet, don't you think? :s Also, if this potential they have is largely because they are in possession of gourmet cells, then who's to say those other people who are stronger than them don't have gourmet cells too? Most of them probably do, and thus have the potential to improve beyond what they are right now (and as they are they are already stronger than Toriko and gang).

I guess the part about them being actively involved in discovering new ingredients will have to suffice as the answer then :) Or, it could also be that Shimabukuro-sensei didn't expect to have Toriko run as long as it has, or to introduce as many characters as he has, to have that many characters stronger than them /shrug
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Salad, you are really splitting hairs here. How about we just leave it at Shima wanted them to be called that so thats the way it is lol.

I am sooooo ready for this new arc. I really wonder what ingredient it is. What different environment they will face. We have seen everything so far as pressure, cold, heat, thin air, altitude.... I guess water is next, I really dont know.

Also, if the beast of this last arc was 90's and many of the creatures were 50 and above, one being mid 60's I wonder what is in store next.

Will Zebra tag along? Will any of the other Kings make appearances? Will the Bishokukai fight Toriko and co. since they now have a common enemy/prey in the Nitro?
 

Lyn685

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
119
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Would be cool to see Rin again, she´s a member of the main-crew afterall too.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Salad, you are really splitting hairs here. How about we just leave it at Shima wanted them to be called that so thats the way it is lol.
I know :derp It's just that it's something that's bothered me for a long while, and was triggered again when the chief said he needed the strength of the four of them. Anyway, yes, I'm leaving it as that :XD

I am sooooo ready for this new arc. I really wonder what ingredient it is. What different environment they will face. We have seen everything so far as pressure, cold, heat, thin air, altitude.... I guess water is next, I really dont know.
I'm excited to see what's to come as well :woo If it's water, it could be something in the depths of the sea perhaps? It's really hard to go that deep into the sea because of the water pressure, and maybe that is something they need to learn to overcome or something? Or maybe... Pitch black darkness? Skills like Zebra's sense of hearing would be very useful (really like a bat).
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Great chapter...It gave us the explanation we all longed for. It kinda confirmed the things we roughly thought about. It is also quite surprising how they kidnap world's best cooks and this is also a reason why Komatsu was its prior target. They must smell, or somehow know who's a cook or not. That and the fact that they know how to handle the ingredients very well, can only mean that their perception/observation is top.

I am also looking forward to the next arc. The next ingredient, the next setting,... the imagination is just great.
 

Umbra Wolf

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
332
Reaction score
41
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?
Potential was mentioned already.

Yet another important point is that all four were trained by the IGO president which is the typical God Tier mentor type on par with the leader of the GT Robo Gang. And the IGO-President in turn was a disciple of Accia, so they all have an impressive legacy to account for.
 
Top