Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 414 Discussion / 415 Predictions | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 414 Discussion / 415 Predictions

Eracuel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I hate surprises.:feelsbadman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's like they want me to break tradition and look at spoilers but I refuse! They will not break me this easily.:yelling
While it is really sad that there is a break now, it is a good time to give a chance to a series like Solo Leveling. It is Korean, it has an amazing art for a webtoon (IMO) and it really got me hooked. I had the same feeling when finding this one, that I had when I found TOG and The Breaker, so it is definitely worth a try. You can find it translated HERE.

Sorry for the Offtopic, just trying ease the pain of my brethen. :pleased

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Was looking forward to this chapter. Now have to wait for a week.

Ripcord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Read what now?:blink

I'm always up for reading stuff as long as it's not spoilers or sports manga. Though tonight I need something stronger to sooth my disappointment. This was a brutal place to stop things. So I'm thinking a pulpy fantasy indie book off kindle.

I'm seeing something called "An Orc at College: A Contemporary Sword and Sorcery Harem Fantasy" That sounds like a winner to me.:hi
Have you tried The Gamer? It’s also a WEBTOON. The chapters are a lot shorter and there’s not a ton of depth but it sure is a popcorn read. I started rereading it and it’s better the second time through. There was a forum for it here a while ago but they stopped supporting it... not as much to discuss

If this hiatus goes on any longer I’ll probably re-read Full Metal for fun.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No chapter but the blog post has been translated.

The main character always shows up last! | But I'm the main character...
Hello, this is SIU. This is the first afterword of 2019. This week's doodle... is a late but impeccibly well-timed Team Leesoo.

Since this week's chapter was led by narration, it took a lot of time and work to edit. There are times when art becomes critical, or the dialogue becomes critical (of course, both are always important), and on those chapters I find myself spending a lot of time in unexpected places. At least now that I have some experience I can anticipate and react to it, but this week I worked with an extra day or two for editing. Anyway...
This chapter I wanted to both show Baam's escape and Kallavan's strength. Kallavan's durability is definitely unmatched. He can face off three skilled fighters and still charge forth.
The reason I pushed Team Leesoo's appearance until now was because I wanted the people Baam had such an emotional attatchment to to show up at the most decisive time. However, it isn't easy for Regulars to enter this battlefield, so to find a good timing to make it look cool... that was in my mind when I introduced Team Leesoo to the scene after much deliberation. I hope my intentions and what you felt matched.
Now will Baam and Team Leesoo escape the battlefield safely, what will become of the future of Ha Jinsung, the one who finally fell? Stay tuned for next week ^^
---
Now 2019, a new year has started, so I hope all your plans for the year go well, and have a happy and healthy year.
See you next week!
Thank you ^^

Source.

Have you tried The Gamer? It’s also a WEBTOON. The chapters are a lot shorter and there’s not a ton of depth but it sure is a popcorn read. I started rereading it and it’s better the second time through. There was a forum for it here a while ago but they stopped supporting it... not as much to discuss

If this hiatus goes on any longer I’ll probably re-read Full Metal for fun.
Jammin reads The Gamer.

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
Read what now?:blink
Shot in the dark but I recommend World Embryo as being only so-so overall, but the parts about it that are good overlap a lot with the things I like about ToG (especially early ToG): it's a work that's trying to stay in that intermediate half-shounen/half-seinen territory, it's pretty carefully-planned from start to finish, and I can pretty much assure you that it won't go where you think it's going (even if your experience with the genres gives you that sixth-sense for twists, I'll be surprised if you aren't at least a little surprised).

Downside is the paneling and action choreography is weak, there's a bit much gratuitous fanservice (especially early on) for some tastes, and even though it's carefully-planned it's not a great plan: some parts of the plan are great, other parts much less so, and by the end I think it goes off the rails...but not due to "making it up as it goes along", but simply due to having a weak concept for "so how does this all wrap up?"). But it's still very much ToG-esque, for me, at least insofar as it's using a lot of shounen-ish tropes...but playing with them a bit, and doing so in ways that—at least for me—successfully leave the reader with an ominous sense of something hard to articulate being not quite right.

It's complete, too, which is nice. Other downside is—checking—it's slower to develop than I remember, and it looks like the switch from "setup" to "development" doesn't even begin until you're maybe 30ish chapters in, give or take a few? So slow initial third, solid central third-half, then off the rails for the remainder...great salesmanship right here.

Edit: the segment that elevates it from mediocre to interesting is even later, chapters 54-55. Long slog to get there.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
One thing I have been wondering.... If hwa ryun and the others were aware that the station was going to be infested by rankers to capture regulars, what stopped regulars from simply jumping off the train? I read back a little and it seemed kinda odd that they didn't simply get off the train. With yuri and evan they should be perfectly capable of surviving the jump and even then only non androsi/bam regulars would have had issue with the height.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
One thing I have been wondering.... If hwa ryun and the others were aware that the station was going to be infested by rankers to capture regulars, what stopped regulars from simply jumping off the train? I read back a little and it seemed kinda odd that they didn't simply get off the train. With yuri and evan they should be perfectly capable of surviving the jump and even then only non androsi/bam regulars would have had issue with the height.
Hmm.. the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that Hwa Ryun wanted Baam to complete his revolution. And IIRC didn't Rachel 'block' her Guide abilities with Emily?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmm.. the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that Hwa Ryun wanted Baam to complete his revolution. And IIRC didn't Rachel 'block' her Guide abilities with Emily?
That doesn't really have anything to do with them simply getting of the train. Hwa ryun not thinking about it or having her own agenda does not really account for the other people involved in this not doing it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven't seen you around in a while Host.

What are your thoughts on the epic contest for best girl?