Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 463 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 463 Spoilers & Discussion

TheLastMartian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I think floor rulers are all high rankers who can fight decently

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I kind of wonder where Mas lies as well. She's top 100 as we know but there are hierarchies withing hierarchies, esp the top 100 (on the extreme ends we have FHs, irregulars that could kill even Zahard (assuming Urek can but at least Enryu), create life, and an axis.

Mas couldn't even scratch Jinsung's hide until Kallavan had:

- preoccupied Jinsung
- almost put a hole through his torso
- beat him to a pulp
- macerated both arms
- exhausted his gas

And Mas' attack STILL didn't prove to be fatal (though it wasn't intended to be - off-center?).

Of course this says just as much about how high-level Jinsung was/is, but Mas certainly isn't on his level.

Arbitrarily, I'd say Mas is closer to the lower end of the top-100 (maybe 70's?) spectrum while Jinsung (and Kallavan by default) is closer to the middle. Yes, I know the rankings aren't power levels (even though they generally are) blah blah blah...

Which makes me wonder just how strong those top-tier princesses really are. Even Arie Hag must be a monster.

And 'squad commanders' are clearly all top 100. But that means nothing intra-100.
princess probably climb ranks easier than other people. As ranks aren't determined solely by strength but also influence and other factors it's easy to imagine how they would be given a rank boost. In context, we have seen even rankers being somewhat reverential to regular princesses. Kallavan actually deign himself to try to talk to androsi while other rankers barely address regulars.

Hagipherione in turn... Is probably a pretty damn special princess. A zahard boosted arie sounds ridiculous on all accounts, specially considering that so far the most reliable strategy to beat an arie swordsman is via tanking hits and hoping to deal enough damage to end the fight. If her body is boosted by zahard then odds are she can basically out-tank most other high rankers. Also worth noting... white in his current state was able to lightly injure kallavan. At the top of his game white is supposed to be a real match to kallavan. And presumably hagipherione bested white... Being ranked 36 means the majority of people ranked higher than hagipherione are irregulars..

Squad commanders have been shown to be more or less in league with slayers. Though it depends on the slayer of course. With that in mind... I don't think they will all be ranked within the top 100.

Wha

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Being ranked 36 means the majority of people ranked higher than hagipherione are irregulars..
There are 35 people ranked higher, but the heads, Zahard, Urek, Phanta & Enryu make a total of 14.

cash2088

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
There are 35 people ranked higher, but the heads, Zahard, Urek, Phanta & Enryu make a total of 14.
Bad maths..... lol

Was a good attempt though.

The only factual statement that can be made is “a majority of the irregulars are ranked within the top 35...”

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be fair we don't know the total number of irregulars yet.

On another note, it's possible the few FH's we don't have rankings for are even lower.

Who knows?

Xeroxed

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Floor rulers are strong, but they are not necessarily highly ranked. This is because they get much of their power from their "floor ruler contract". And that contract is only in effect on the floor they rule. It's actually pretty amazing that Evankell managed to take down one.

As an example Yu Hansung had a weaker version of the contract because he was the head test administration. According to SIUs blog, at the floor or the test with the contract Hansung had similar strength as Yuri. But now without it he is barely a high ranker. (Granted SIU might have just retconned Hansungs strength as it was never show on screen. )

---

Off topic: Is the Witcher really any good? I watched like four minutes of it and here is my review/Synopsis: The main character fights a huge spider like monster in a bog. The main character cant move well because of he is stuck in a bog and the monster have like a million claws to attack with simultaneous that have long range. Somehow the main character wins though the power of cutting the scene once a second so the viewer cant tell whats going on.

Second scene: The main character goes to a tavern in a local village. He enters and ask the tavern keeper for directions. The tavern keeper does not give him directions. Instead a number of locals that are drinking at the tavern stands up and comments that he is a strange monster hunter and that they should kill him for being different. Despite them being visibly unarmed and him having done nothing to them. Suddenly a woman stands up and tell them that they should not kill random strangers. It turns out that she is the wife of the leader of the mob. She is also there drinking, but she is drinking apart from her husband. The angry mob immediately change their mind because a woman yelled at them and instead the woman offers the main character a drink at the leader of the mobs expense. The mob leader then goes home because his wife tells him to and he is her slave.

At that point I thought the entire plot to be too ridiculous and turned off Netflix. Instead I saw that Lord of the Ring was just starting on TV and I watched that instead. Man, that was an amazing movie. They dont make them like that anymore. Night and day compared to the beginning of the Witcher.

So my question is: Does the witcher get better over time or is that the quality that you can expect for the rest of the series?

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Maschenny is most
Floor rulers are strong, but they are not necessarily highly ranked. This is because they get much of their power from their "floor ruler contract". And that contract is only in effect on the floor they rule. It's actually pretty amazing that Evankell managed to take down one.

As an example Yu Hansung had a weaker version of the contract because he was the head test administration. According to SIUs blog, at the floor or the test with the contract Hansung had similar strength as Yuri. But now without it he is barely a high ranker. (Granted SIU might have just retconned Hansungs strength as it was never show on screen. )

---

Off topic: Is the Witcher really any good? I watched like four minutes of it and here is my review/Synopsis: The main character fights a huge spider like monster in a bog. The main character cant move well because of he is stuck in a bog and the monster have like a million claws to attack with simultaneous that have long range. Somehow the main character wins though the power of cutting the scene once a second so the viewer cant tell whats going on.

Second scene: The main character goes to a tavern in a local village. He enters and ask the tavern keeper for directions. The tavern keeper does not give him directions. Instead a number of locals that are drinking at the tavern stands up and comments that he is a strange monster hunter and that they should kill him for being different. Despite them being visibly unarmed and him having done nothing to them. Suddenly a woman stands up and tell them that they should not kill random strangers. It turns out that she is the wife of the leader of the mob. She is also there drinking, but she is drinking apart from her husband. The angry mob immediately change their mind because a woman yelled at them and instead the woman offers the main character a drink at the leader of the mobs expense. The mob leader then goes home because his wife tells him to and he is her slave.

At that point I thought the entire plot to be too ridiculous and turned off Netflix. Instead I saw that Lord of the Ring was just starting on TV and I watched that instead. Man, that was an amazing movie. They dont make them like that anymore. Night and day compared to the beginning of the Witcher.

So my question is: Does the witcher get better over time or is that the quality that you can expect for the rest of the series?
I agree. Yu hansung is an anima but I found it strange that he didn't show his anima skills at the last station which made me realize that the container for that shinheuh he controlled(against ren) back then was only on the 2nd floor. We might only see that beast again if han sung fights on 2nd floor.
I don't think he can move the container.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

---

As far as I can tell contracts don't usually work with that. I doubt evankhels power changed even a tiny bit after loosing her job. Her ranking might suffer eventually though.

As for the witcher... i liked it. I played the games and the netflix series provided context i didn't have and the wiki isn't exactly clear in ( in case you don't know, the games are basically a non cannon sequel to the books).

Sade Morte

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
"Boss" is a similar title to "Captain". Et al.

I think Yasratcha's minion wearing spiked full body armor in previous chapters was implied as being a previous "king of the dogs" who Yasratcha enslaved.

Previous kings of teh dogs could have had similar abilities to Yama's transform.

Maybe Yama has a special quality which allows him to resist Yasratcha's mind control?
Nope that slave is like a lizard or reptile type. Or insect type

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, reading the official translation... "former ranker toro"? The fuck is a former ranker? Can you stop being a ranker?

Jedikos

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
Ok, reading the official translation... "former ranker toro"? The fuck is a former ranker? Can you stop being a ranker?
Maybe, he looks really old tho, no 'Ranker youth privileges', so it might be possible, but it's the first I'm hearing of.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Lots of different theories on Yasratcha's minion wearing the spiked suit.

Chapters back, Yasratcha said Yama, Canzon, Jordan and friends smelled like dog shit.

Necessity being the mother of all invention, I suspect Yasratcha had his dog kin slave wear a spiked hazmat suit so Yasratcha didn't have to smell them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If I remember right. Graduating from the top 134th floor (?) of the tower, grants immortality.

If former ranker toro is the ancient old man wearing the animal suit. It is possible he had his ranker status revoked and his immortality stripped from him.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Lots of different theories on Yasratcha's minion wearing the spiked suit.

Chapters back, Yasratcha said Yama, Canzon, Jordan and friends smelled like dog shit.

Necessity being the mother of all invention, I suspect Yasratcha had his dog kin slave wear a spiked hazmat suit so Yasratcha didn't have to smell them.

If I remember right. Graduating from the top 134th floor (?) of the tower, grants immortality.

If former ranker toro is the ancient old man wearing the animal suit. It is possible he had his ranker status revoked and his immortality stripped from him.
I'd guess yaratcha's minions would be cat folk though. It'd be weird if yaratch, a cat, produced something that isn't a cat.

Yeah, that is basically correct (though the series has not confirmed the exact mechanism by which rankers become immortal). Sure, that is more or less the implication. But the series has not provided any context whatsoever regarding whether someone can stop being a ranker. You'd think that if it was an option we'd have heard it already. it'd even be the first actual instance of a contract with an administrator being revoked... I suppose breaking a contract with an administrator could have this result but..... lore wise, this is a pretty big deal.

TheLastMartian

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I'd guess yaratcha's minions would be cat folk though. It'd be weird if yaratch, a cat, produced something that isn't a cat.

Yeah, that is basically correct (though the series has not confirmed the exact mechanism by which rankers become immortal). Sure, that is more or less the implication. But the series has not provided any context whatsoever regarding whether someone can stop being a ranker. You'd think that if it was an option we'd have heard it already. it'd even be the first actual instance of a contract with an administrator being revoked... I suppose breaking a contract with an administrator could have this result but..... lore wise, this is a pretty big deal.
I don't think Yas shares his power like Doom does.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think Yas shares his power like Doom does.
Why? So far the implication is that yaratcha has the same powers as doom. As in, the same type of canine transformation and ability to mind control others. It hasn't been stated but the most likely scenario is that yaratch has the same powers as doom overall.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was pretty intrigued by the moment in this chapter where Baam was trying to fight Kallavan and Koon pulled Baam back because, as he accurately pointed out, they have nothing to gain from fighting him. It's seemed like it was presented as a strange obsession. Like Baam is looking for an excuse to fight Kallavan but doesn't actually have one.

I'm curious where that plot thread is leading.

I also wonder if that's meant as a parallel with the Dowon conversation about how Zahard was a tragedy for some but not all. And how she sees Baam potentially as much the same.

I'm not sure if those two concepts were meant to be connected or not.

The point being made there was that in war people suffer. Not just warriors. So win or lose the chaos Baam is giving rise too will cause further suffering. And his behavior in this chapter in a way drove that home. My read on the situation was that he wanted to fight Kallavan out of a personal grudge and desire to do so and all the consequences that would have come with it would have been caused for... nothing.

So I'm curious if SIU intends to teach Baam some things about power and responsibility during this arc. Or if those were just two separate disconnected thoughts.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I was pretty intrigued by the moment in this chapter where Baam was trying to fight Kallavan and Koon pulled Baam back because, as he accurately pointed out, they have nothing to gain from fighting him. It's seemed like it was presented as a strange obsession. Like Baam is looking for an excuse to fight Kallavan but doesn't actually have one.

I'm curious where that plot thread is leading.

I also wonder if that's meant as a parallel with the Dowon conversation about how Zahard was a tragedy for some but not all. And how she sees Baam potentially as much the same.

I'm not sure if those two concepts were meant to be connected or not.

The point being made there was that in war people suffer. Not just warriors. So win or lose the chaos Baam is giving rise too will cause further suffering. And his behavior in this chapter in a way drove that home. My read on the situation was that he wanted to fight Kallavan out of a personal grudge and desire to do so and all the consequences that would have come with it would have been caused for... nothing.

So I'm curious if SIU intends to teach Baam some things about power and responsibility during this arc. Or if those were just two separate disconnected thoughts.
My impression is that this was shown as an obsession for bam. Bam is getting more emotional and loosing focus on his objective. It seems different from how he was earlier in the series where his motivation where primarily, and perhaps solely, his friends. The image that crossed my head here is bam in that test where he met wangnan... Back then bam just went with not fighting wangnan.... and bam struggled to be maintain his fighting spirit. This version of bam perhaps wouldn't hesitate to knock out everyone. I also thought about random jackasses in real life who take 3 kickboxing classes and suddenly they go around all puffed up making the point that no one messes with them while hoping someone does mess with them... Gotta wait and see how bam handles the testosterone.

As for the power and responsibility... that is a constant plot point and struggle for bam. Ever since the series started.... In S1 you had bam without power wondering why he even needed it if he had people. Then as a slayer candidate he fights but around the idea of protecting his friends.... Then comes the hell train and you have bam asking the GoGs how to be a god. skipping a a few arcs, now you have bam as you say and we see being more than willing to pick a fight which really does not serve much of an immediate purpose and could even risk them all. Its hard to say whether SIU has a point or endgame regarding this specifically but to me as of now it looks like the point is simply to observe how bam acts in regards to.... not wanting power when you don't need it... not wanting power and having it forced upon you... not wanting power but you need it... finally wanting power but not having it.... finally having acquired power and figuring out what the hell to do or not do with it..... Those are all stages bam has gone through at different points.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad I'm not alone in reading things that way.

It reminds me a little of his persuit of Rachel. Like remember that point where it got a bit creepy at the start of the hell train? This seems a little like the vengeful version of that. It's not as extreme but I feel like I can definitely see something that just seems off. Like he doesn't quite know how to handle anger.

Last edited:

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Baam seems to be in that age he wants to pick a fight with whoever angers him, he aged a bit since the start, but he is still a boy at heart.

I think SIU is preparing some ground for Baam’s emotional growth (and power growth at the same time) for this and later arcs too. He has friends, but he still has difficulties dealing with strong emotions like the ones he had for Rachel and now with his master’s captor. Part of it must be because Baam didn’t have the chance to interact with others, he only had Rachel and did not have a chance to develop more conflicting relationships, so he is having the full scope of both bad and good interactions only after entering the tower, and that comes with FUG, Zahard, being an irregular and meeting every possible traitor/or bad example that appears in each floor:noworry (even though that most likely taught him some lessons and made him more mature to some extent). I think Baam is still overwhelmed by many things like power, conflicts, the loss of his master + wanting to climb the tower and he doesn’t quite know what to do with it all.

I wonder if the parallel to Zahard means Baam is becoming exactly like him in the sense they are the same even following different motivations and causes, or if it’s to surprise when Baam finds a different path and actually becomes different from him. Dowon‘s reasoning was interesting.

Jedikos

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
Anyway maybe I didn't know but does the Tower repair itself or what? Nowadays high Ranker fights leave walls and the ground so messy. No one bothers about it again and just move on.

Also, if perhaps there was something very strong for Baam to test his skills on, perhaps a special doll like Jinsung's, then he wouldn't be going around looking for excuses to make Kallavan his own punching bag for testing his new moves. Too bad his teachers don't allow him to test his powers on they themselves.