Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 495 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 495 Spoilers & Discussion

Mizaistorm

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
isn t the other way around.
the stronger he become the less likely it is for baam to be corrupted.
baam already been warned by data zahard and eduan and by jinsung.
personaly i dont see the fascaniation with corrupting baam.
unless you are confusict.
I think baam struggle will become more apparent later .the power gap will naturaly seperate him from his freinds then normale people who become lore interested in his status than person...unless he become close freinds with mazino and some other fh or something.
if someone who will become evidently corrupted it will have to be Wangnan.
as for rachel no .
it s one of those things that start as a meme than people defend it so hard they start to believe it as a fact.
Rachel is not an anti hero.
Rachel always out herself first and now that gustang gave her power .the damage will be even greater.
Rachel story is hilarious.
she is trying to defy fate but actually she is a pawn .her action helped lead to where he is at.
at the end of the day.it s all about baam
once she served her purpose.
i think she will be locked in that cave forever.

Last edited:

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Princess White must be the thirstiest then, going by the licking of lips after Baam...
Have you met the clone, she's liquid thirst for baam
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But things work in baam favor not because of mascheny.
it s baam side have spell breaking ability combined with yas and lyborik love for ensalvement and mind controle.
things work out for baam because fate ( plot ).
unless mascheny minions help in some way there is no proof she is helping baam side.

i think it s more likely we see adori and the Captain in this war.than luslec and fh.

the trio is a perfect enemy for White.they are like zombies.
silver will release the two other warriors.
even when white cut one of them down they will just be absorbed and then come back again to fight.on and on ...
i m sure silver is strong or has some curse pr device to shield him in case of life threatning1 situation.
so we will have White fight againt the division commander until he exhaust himself.
then yas interfer and change the ruke of the game to stop baam and let white advance.
White tiring might let the clone take control of him. He already has to ask her permission to access his full power

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
please explain that in more detail. What do you mean?

I have been warned by a lot of people about smoking. Well....^^

Because it feels more real, at least to me. The world isn't black and White, there is no real "good or bad", just people and opinions. What was the name of the dog kid with the heart again? Louie? Something like that is way more interesting and realistic than just "i am the good guy and you are bad". that's how i feel about it.

if someone who will become evidently corrupted it will have to be Wangnan.
Could be. Or he turns into a tragic hero. We know too little to say that for certain.

it s one of those things that start as a meme than people defend it so hard they start to believe it as a fact.
I agree.

Rachel is not an anti hero.
Now i am confused. aren't you doing the exact same thing, only the other way around?

i think she will be locked in that cave forever.
I would love to see that happen

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Anyone knows what was A.A reacting to?

isn t the other way around.
That's not how it works. Especially for someone in Baam's situation.

Mizaistorm

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
baam grew up unlike other people and he value others above everything due to his solitude.
other fh used their power for materiel wealth or power.but that not what baam is interested in.he doesn t even understand it in first place.
baam concern was always people.
only scenerio that can lead to corruption is if he is forced to sell his soul for power.
i don t see the romance angle.
because baam doesn t have a hierachy between people he like.
if he is willing to go to war for jinsung im pretty sure he will do the same for aa rak yuri hwaryun andorsi...
if he is going to fall in love..he have to put them above everyone .
and i don t see that happen with baam.
for someone who grew up alone all of his life.he just want to be around others.
not create boundaries.

the way the community use anti hero to describe Rachel is more in line with a character like Stannis from Got.someone who justify his evil by the greater good so rachel by defiying fate..according to community she is saving the tower because Baam is somehow is going to become a demon and ruin the tower.
when she is more like tony soprano who is purely selfish flawed and lack heroic traits.
i just don t agree with how community perceive Rachel.
But now that she got what she wish for from Gustang.i will laugh as people try to come up with excuses.

if baam was just a good guy he would sacrifice himself and let jinsung die.
for the greater good baam existence is a source of bloodshed.
Even the people on his path are innocents who fight for their freedom.
martyr and purely good character should fall on the sword.
but you can t charactirise baam as evil since either since his action are about self defence.
Baam is someone with conscience.
unfortunately most people in tog lack any morality because they have to kill and deceieve and betray....in order to climb to the top.
it s the world of tog that is messed up.
so baam look like a saint.

i think Wangnan corruption is evident.
wangnan think that he has a great destiny.
since he is zahard son.he hold the fate of the kingdom on his shoulder.
when in reality he is an average person.
it s only delusion .
since his bloodline is the only unique trait he have.he hold on to it like a crutch .
but in reality he has no power and failed to protect his freinds.
you can call it a crisis of identity.
then the sword appear and wangnan chose to kill for that power.
we don t know who is even that person.
it could be a child for all we know.
or someone completely innocent.
but without that power wangnan can t live .
a prince without power is no prince.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh damn, that's an intense chapter, I love it. Add to that a few twists.

Not sure I understand the bit about the aria and the circumstances around them. They die, get absorbed and then become items? it seems like the bit about how they go back to being people is missing.

Also weird that SIU is holding out on revealing what aria does... Perhaps bam will absorb her ability?

This chapter also provides an important bit of context regarding the position of the 4th squad high rankers. I think it's all basically a trap. The squad members get butchered and the final commander absorbs them all. But absorbing a bunch of high rankers is no joke at all. The guy could end up being a threat comparable to a squad commander or slayer and that with a bunch of BS rule breaking abilities. This makes me think these guy is meant to be a sort of off brand irregular.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
baam grew up unlike other people and he value others above everything due to his solitude.
other fh used their power for materiel wealth or power.but that not what baam is interested in.he doesn t even understand it in first place.
only scenerio that can lead to corruption is if he is forced to sell his soul for power.
if he is willing to go to war for jinsung im pretty sure he will do the same for aa rak yuri hwaryun andorsi...
not create boundaries.

the way the community use anti hero to describe Rachel is more in line with a character like Stannis from Got.someone who justify his evil by the greater good so rachel by defiying fate..according to community she is saving the tower because Baam is somehow is going to become a demon and ruin the tower.
when she is more like tony soprano who is purely selfish flawed and lack heroic traits.
But now that she got what she wish for from Gustang.i will laugh as people try to come up with excuses.

but you can t charactirise baam as evil since either since his action are about self defence.
unfortunately most people in tog lack any morality because they have to kill and deceieve and betray....in order to climb to the top.

it s only delusion .
since his bloodline is the only unique trait he have.he hold on to it like a crutch .
Exactly because he grew up unlike other people. Like an innocent, newborn baby. Bam didn't had the chance to get corrupted. He was alone. Until Rachel came. She taught him everything. Kinda scary, if you ask me.
He also valued Rachel more than most of his other friends (i hope he really is over it).
The thing is, he definitly is changing, at least to some degree. He is less naive, by example (although i just finfished the fantranslated chapter and him telling the high ranker woman anything she wants to know, before he knows that she wants to ally him, is making me wonder about that).
He realizes that there is a price to pay for certain things. Getting Jinsung out of there is an example. He knows that many people will die because he wants his teacher back. So he values one life more than...i don't know how many of soldiers of the Zahard Army (or their slaves). Wouldn't call that self defense.
Having a conscience doesn't stand for itself, it's a system to be filled, with your morales, by example. And there are many to pick from.

So i don't believe that him being corrupted even further is that absurd.

When Rachel talked with Wangnan at the floor of death, she thought about Arlene and that she doesn't care what Bam is to her. It has to be her (or something similar). So why not? Maybe Arlene really called Bam a monster and she was completely crazy and just wanted her revenge. Or something went wrong. Maybe Rachel wants to take his place because it is something bad. Or maybe she really is just that selfish bitch, but has a change of heart along the way (or several). Too early to tell. But i get the feeling that there is more to her than we know.

You are right, his corruption is evident. But like Rachel, i give Wangnan the benefit of the doubt and say that it's not guaranteed that he will continue down that path. Maybe, instead of the person he has to kill, he will take his own life, making the ultimate sacrifice, being a true leader. Worthy of someone with noble blood. A true prince. Or it will go a completely different direction. Without knowing more things, like what they actually are, the possibilities are endless.

About the chapter: So Liboric told them to go after Bam? The guy that coincidently has the ability to free them from their spell? After the thing he promised the khun hidden garden guy (and how it turned out)? So either he has the badest luck ever, or there really is more to him.

spike

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When Baam discovers what White did to Prince and Akr, he’s going to lose his shit. I think he might devour White.

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
When Baam discovers what White did to Prince and Akr, he’s going to lose his shit. I think he might devour White.
I'd rather Wagnan handle all/any retaliation for Prince and Akraptor. It was his mess and he was warned.

Fair enough, Kaiser might though
Hockney's woman
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Aria is soo damn weak, pretty depressing Baam could not fodderize her!

Mizaistorm

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
i think we will agree to disagree.
baam won t be corrupted and rachel has no ulterior motive beside her own ambition to get out of the tower.
nothing i have read so far suggest otherwise.
beside that it just your opinion of the story direction.

i think the data world story of blue hair girl and her brother is V and arlen story.
Baam isn t arlen son.
he has his body but he is a part of god or god.that why no spell work on him.as his power continue to manifest he is getting closer to his true self.
i am against wangnan becoming wise king at the end.
He is after all one man and he is the king son.
so at the end you won t achieve any universal peace or justice and it s continuation of the fh bloodline and royalty.
which further illustrate how pathetic the tower inhabitant are.
at the end all irregulars should leave the tower. the land and resources should be redivided and rule in a democracy not a dictatorship.
wise king was never a long term solution.
i think zahard way of escaping fate was to have children.either wangnan captain or karaka will inherit the throne
most likely wangnan.
zahard will join baam on his journey outside.
but the world will descend into chaos again
so baam will return kill wangnan wipe out everyone memory of their existence kill headon and reset the world .

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
White: "We are on the same team" :lmao .

You know, I am not too fond of the fact that Spells are becoming so common lately. Especially when we know that Zahard forbade them.

With Po Bidau and Koon blood in his veins I guess Lyborick's turning out like that was inevitable :XD . So the Hybrids could always live normally but had no choice because of that Spell. I guess Lyborick is meant to be a foil to Kallavan? The latter got the trust of his companions while the former is treating them like disposable pawns, besides Uub (thanks @Jubei_Kibagami :XD) I guess.

Baam was cool but he shouldn't stop attacking just because the enemy is asking :amuse.

Really nice balance of comedy and action in this chapter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
White: "We are on the same team" :lmao .

You know, I am not too fond of the fact that Spells are becoming so common lately. Especially when we know that Zahard forbade them.

With Po Bidau and Koon blood in his veins I guess Lyborick's turning out like that was inevitable :XD . So the Hybrids could always live normally but had no choice because of that Spell. I guess Lyborick is meant to be a foil to Kallavan? The latter got the trust of his companions while the former is treating them like disposable pawns, besides Uub (thanks @Jubei_Kibagami :XD) I guess.

Baam was cool but he shouldn't stop attacking just because the enemy is asking :amuse.

Really nice balance of comedy and action in this chapter.
From the translation it doesn't seem like they could live normal lives. My understanding is that without the spell they would have short lifespans. Meanwhile with the spell they get reincarnated over and over.

Yeah, aria calling a timeout is... weird.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
without the spell they would have short lifespans. Meanwhile with the spell they get reincarnated over and over.

Bam broke spells on Doom and the wall with a touch.

If he makes physical contact with Aria, he might break the spell and release her?

Which could be why, he'll never make physical contact?

:toc

Interesting angle if the solution to all of Aria's life problems is right in front of her, without her realizing it.

edit

NEVERMIND.

Wish I had read the trans before posting, so I knew everything I said was pointless and redundant.

Last edited:

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uh Rachel murdered Arkraptor

Mizaistorm

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
tower of god turning to harry potter.
what next.
baam draw a sword out of magkc hat to slay the snake.
tower of god and the nest of secrets

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
what next.
Welp, revolution might as well be a magic hat... And bam is running towards the snake guarded vault.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Bam could have an element of anti magic. Where spells instantaneously cancel on contact. Without it being an explosive reaction the way matter and anti matter react.

Imagine still attempting to rationalize arbitrary manga haxx abilities in 2021.

Nischal

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nepal
not create boundaries.

it s only delusion .
Stop overpraising Bam damn it. The other irregulars, particularly the FH, didn't go for wealth or power only. They built a civilization on which the Tower today stands. Urek did more for people through Wolhaiksong.

Also, Bam is not that much of a good guy as you think. For half the story he risked everybody else's life to pursue Rachel (I agree it understandable but not justifiable). That's a selfish agenda but I am not blaming him tho. I am just pointing out he's not that much of a people's champ. Also, the time when Bam decided to save everyone in the Dallar show appeared more as if he was pissed off by Hoaquin's admission of sacrificing billions and was hell bent on opposing him.

Also, don't you freakin dare label Stannis the Mannis as 'evil'.

And, yes sir, I agree Bam is someone with a conscience and the Tower lacks morality but I would expect a guy like Bam, who was basically a centuries-old toddler, to adapt more as he experiences living more in the tower and not latch onto his ideals forever. Dunno about Rachel saving the Tower from Bam but I would love to see something like that. Wangnan I feel is like a tragic hero.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
From the translation it doesn't seem like they could live normal lives. My understanding is that without the spell they would have short lifespans. Meanwhile with the spell they get reincarnated over and over.

Yeah, aria calling a timeout is... weird.
If there were lifespan issues I think she wouldn't want the spell to be broken. Also Uub doesn't seem to have issues, he just absorbs and vomits them when they die.

what next.
He did create a sword out of nowhere with his RT Level 2 :Transformation heh.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Now that I think about it, they are in the Tower so short lifespan might be more than 100 years.

Reactions: Wha