Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 548 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 36 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 548 Spoilers & Discussion

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Just to test the waters, how would you receive Baam entering the tournament and losing on purpose vs a Regular team because he doesn't want to hurt Rachel/Khun/Endorsi/Arkraptor daughter ?
I really don't think it will happen but i also don't see Baam beating a friend to free himself.
I don't think he'd do that for Rachel's sake at this point. Just one warning to get out of his way before dropping the hammer (with enough restraint to do his best to spare her any serious harm). Koon and Androssi would just remove themselves from his way to start with.

But I don't think he's going to be actually fighting Regulars anyway. If he is allowed to compete, it will be in a role that doesn't just let him roflstomp a bunch of kids.

Consul N

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, Baam is definitely going to have some kind of restrictions placed on him in this tournament unless Traumerei is a complete fool.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just to test the waters, how would you receive Baam entering the tournament and losing on purpose vs a Regular team because he doesn't want to hurt Rachel/Khun/Endorsi/Arkraptor daughter ?
I really don't think it will happen but i also don't see Baam beating a friend to free himself.
A.A. and Androssi: Nonsensical unless it's premeditated. A.A. and Androssi are definitely going to help him in this event so they could easily give up or follow some kind of plan if they happen to fight.

Rachel and Akraptor's daughter: Honestly I don't know what Baam would do with Rachel as of now and I think the Akraptor's daughter stuff is more related to Wangnan but there are plenty of ways to defeat someone without getting too violent when you are much stronger than them.

PGT

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah, Baam is definitely going to have some kind of restrictions placed on him in this tournament unless Traumerei is a complete fool.
I believe he already inevitably has some restrictions going for him because he can't be recognized as Arlene and V's son. He can't as in that would scare the shit out of the FHs who would be apprehensive about their ex friend's murdered baby climbing the tower and showing immense potential. That is a no no.

So, from the get go, no Thorns, that would catch attention. Ideally no Thryssas, those are admin bs powers, why he (Slayer candidate) would possess such abilities? What they (FUG) have done to him? What is he?

Shinwonryuu is ok, just a hax irregulars have and something they have the opportunity to learn at the Hell Train. I think Leviathan is also okay, it'd show his immense potential, but wouldn't be a red flag.

Souls, orb, shinsoo loops, all fine. Black March's not a good idea. Can't remember is those are all his powers

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I believe he already inevitably has some restrictions going for him because he can't be recognized as Arlene and V's son. He can't as in that would scare the shit out of the FHs who would be apprehensive about their ex friend's murdered baby climbing the tower and showing immense potential. That is a no no.

So, from the get go, no Thorns, that would catch attention. Ideally no Thryssas, those are admin bs powers, why he (Slayer candidate) would possess such abilities? What they (FUG) have done to him? What is he?

Shinwonryuu is ok, just a hax irregulars have and something they have the opportunity to learn at the Hell Train. I think Leviathan is also okay, it'd show his immense potential, but wouldn't be a red flag.

Souls, orb, shinsoo loops, all fine. Black March's not a good idea. Can't remember is those are all his powers
I still don't get why you guys think his identity needs to be hidden from the FHs. They know Baam is an Irregular so obviously he has ridiculous powers. No one has the right to give him such restrictions. Telling him not to use the Thorn I can see it since it's a weapon but his other powers are an enigma to most, even him.

Among everything you mentioned Leviathan is the most likely to be restricted actually because Traumerei is ashamed of its existence.

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think Baam will be restricted, maybe Leviathan if Traumerei has personal reasons for it, and i doubt Jahad hopes Baam will lose over a technicality like banning him from using the thorn.

If we take base Baam from the fight vs Aria, we strengthen him a bit for the power ups, we allow him to use shinwonryu and souls power, he is already likely around top 500, meaning only a few High Rankers should have the strength to best him. And i don't see Baam fighting against a top 300> while being nerfed, if he gets in that sort of fight i think he will be allowed to try his best. Most people probably think he would lose that fight even free of restrictions anyway.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I don't want Baam soloing the entire back of the tower with one finger, I want at least he has the least dignity, the guy can't even complete a dialogue properly.
You mean another alternative is possible? You can wish for a MC with self respect matching his power without a decade long manga having an unnecessarily OP protagonist?

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The Nest ending summed up
Rei: "Become my 2nd man and marry a LPB or everyone dies"
Baam: "No, i won't get married under threat, i would rather challenge your providence"
Jinsung: "Yes, he accepts (Baam shut up you have no choice) but let's hold a tournament for it"
Baam: "nooo, i don't want to...fine"

Probably Baam's worst look in the entire story, the fact that it happened in S3 is particularly irritating.

Last edited:

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's not really hard to work out, Baam starts losing consciousness because he is absorbing too much of White power, by the time White get hit by the spear we already see the flashback and Vicente takes control, have him teleport out of the field but once Khun and co leave the Cat tower and enter a floating ship they reconnect. Done
Welp if that happen that's bad, if baam can start losing consciousness because of too much absorbing white's power, how can baam absorb real living things like leviathan if that's happen that's I call inconsistent story telling.

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Welp if that happen that's bad, if baam can start losing consciousness because of too much absorbing white's power, how can baam absorb real living things like leviathan if that's happen that's I call inconsistent story telling.
He lost consciousness in the official release, point was to have him unconscious too keep the story as similar as possible. If you don't like the wording imagine another reason, siu didn't even explain it.

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
He lost consciousness in the official release, point was to have him unconscious too keep the story as similar as possible. If you don't like the wording imagine another reason, siu didn't even explain it.
Nope, I don't want SIU explain that, but in my view of when baam fight white, he uses all of his arsenal he even uses his power to revive aria, he uses black orb, he dominated the area with his black rain shinsho, he made shinsho that cannot be cut by white but still can't win from white even when he tried to absorb white's power and he uses of his last trump card to absorb white's power, white won't let that happen easily, how can he still conscious after all of that uses of his power, that is absurb if he still conscious after all of that, that's for me.

Last edited:

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Nope, I don't want SIU explain that, but in my view of when baam fight white, he uses all of his arsenal he even uses his power to revive aria, he uses black orb, he dominated the area with his black rain shinsho, he made shinsho that cannot be cut by white but still can't win from white even when he tried to absorb white's power and he uses of his last trump card to absorb white's power, white won't let that happen easily, how can he still conscious after all of that uses of his power, that is absurb if he still conscious after all of that, that's for me.
Yes, that's what seems to have happened. I wrote before that i didn't like it, as going back to the fight. White did nothing that seemed to have caused Baam problems.
Baam was much stronger according to White, Baam was easily blocking any attack, Baam faked having to stop to bait White into an all in that could never work, White knew he was done as soon as he saw Baam waiting for him but he still went for it.
The only thing that could explain Baam having to struggle excessively was absorbing White, and as i said, the Sun seems like an absolute power, above thryssa's/souls/Leviathan etc. so imo there was no reason for Baam to have any problems devouring White.
That's why i think the end of the fight was absurd, even leaving the Regulars aside.
Against data Jahad he wasn't superior, he passed out because he needed all his strength to survive until the end, that wasn't the case here where Baam was just superior.

Calm Core

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now that you said that, base Baam vs top regulars and normal rankers princesses can be good if he can't use Black March, Thyssas and shinso black hole sphere. I hope he can use Leviathan (there will be anima princesses anyway) and the power/knowledge of the souls absorved

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Now that you said that, base Baam vs top regulars and normal rankers princesses can be good if he can't use Black March, Thyssas and shinso black hole sphere. I hope he can use Leviathan (there will be anima princesses anyway) and the power/knowledge of the souls absorved
Best to leave the regulars out entirely since he defeated Pan without any of these
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The worst Part is that he wasn't going all out against White. He didn't use the use the second thorn or any transcendental attacks yet he just had to fall unconscious so that Khun could give him the princess-carry

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, that's what seems to have happened. I wrote before that i didn't like it, as going back to the fight. White did nothing that seemed to have caused Baam problems.
Baam was much stronger according to White, Baam was easily blocking any attack, Baam faked having to stop to bait White into an all in that could never work, White knew he was done as soon as he saw Baam waiting for him but he still went for it.
The only thing that could explain Baam having to struggle excessively was absorbing White, and as i said, the Sun seems like an absolute power, above thryssa's/souls/Leviathan etc. so imo there was no reason for Baam to have any problems devouring White.
That's why i think the end of the fight was absurd, even leaving the Regulars aside.
Against data Jahad he wasn't superior, he passed out because he needed all his strength to survive until the end, that wasn't the case here where Baam was just superior.
As I assume for the sun even baam didn't know why he can absorb everything, he just can do that but I assume he didn't know that the sun is his source of his absorbing ability, only BT mention it, but as long as I remember he didn't inform that to baam.
He just use strip as he assume that is as his limit of his power, because of that I think baam is still long way to go to conquer everything in tower, he still doesn't know the sun as his limitless source of his power.

The worst Part is that he wasn't going all out against White. He didn't use the use the second thorn or any transcendental attacks yet he just had to fall unconscious so that Khun could give him the princess-carry
As I remember he uses transcendental attack as the shinsoo that white cannot cut is his transcendental attack even he spams it but white can deflect that.
The second thorn he uses too when he revive aria as I assume the second thorn can bending time space as he uses it unconscious when he almost death strangled by zahard in hidden floor, heck even for me the second thorn is still mysterious what power that it hold, and I assume baam too still puzzled by the power of second thorn because of that he still can't uses it regularly as he uses it always when he cannot do anything, like when he almost death from strangled by zahard to force his way out from the hidden floor or lie down after powerfull attack from white to revive aria.

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
As I remember he uses transcendental attack as the shinsoo that white cannot cut is his transcendental attack even he spams it but white can deflect that.
It wasn't refered to as a transcendental attack. He was just too strong at that point so what would have counted as a transcendental attack prior to the resurrection would be a regular attack for him in that state

The second thorn he uses too when he revive aria as I assume the second thorn can bending time space as he uses it unconscious when he almost death
I don't know about the revival but for the rest of the fight, he only had one thorn active
--- Double Post Merged, ---

As I assume for the sun even baam didn't know why he can absorb everything, he just can do that but I assume he didn't know that the sun is his source of his absorbing ability, only BT mention it, but as long as I remember he didn't inform that to baam.
He just use strip as he assume that is as his limit of his power, because of that I think baam is still long way to go to conquer everything in tower, he still doesn't know the sun as his limitless source of his power.

The second thorn he uses too when he revive aria as I assume the second thorn can bending time space as he uses it unconscious when he almost death strangled by zahard in hidden floor, heck even for me the second thorn is still mysterious what power that it hold, and I assume baam too still puzzled by the power of second thorn because of that he still can't uses it regularly as he uses it always when he cannot do anything, like when he almost death from strangled by zahard to force his way out from the hidden floor or lie down after powerfull attack from white to revive aria.
I just checked the chapter again - s3 ep93 Actually, Siu didn't name any of Baam's attacks against White.

What I find interesting is that almost all of White's attacks were named.

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It wasn't refered to as a transcendental attack. He was just too strong at that point so what would have counted as a transcendental attack prior to the resurrection would be a regular attack for him in that state

I don't know about the revival but for the rest of the fight, he only had one thorn active
For me if some shinsoo by someone who below white's power cannot be cut by white as he have much more knowledge and experience about shinsoo and he seems like wonder about that power as if he never seen that, that power is transcendental as is meaning of transcendental for me.

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
For me if some shinsoo by someone who below white's power cannot be cut by white as he have much more knowledge and experience about shinsoo and he seems like wonder about that power as if he never seen that, that power is transcendental as is meaning of transcendental for me.
Baam wasn't below White in that fight. Baam started using the power of the souls actively and White admitted that Baam was stronger. An attack from a stronger person doesn't have to be transcendental for a weaker person to have problems

If the attack was very significant to Baam, I'm sure Siu would have labeled it a transcendental attack. But instead all of Whites attacks were named while none of Baam's was. It just implies to me that White was struggling while Baam was toying with him

Also it's been shown that transcendental attacks have their non-trancendental form. In the beginning of his fight against Kallavan, Baam used a non-trancendental version of the final attack he used against Data Z.

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Before I forget… chi stans have been awful quiet LOL!!! As much as people are down on Baam rn, simp chi looks soo much worse!!!

Baam has his own personal Germa 66 soldier in simp-chi LMFAO!!! Has JH or Traum even acknowledged the simps existence!?!?

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can we agree that FUG to Bam, has become irrelevant from here on? I suppose if Bam decides to take them as his subordinates/tools, they could be a little relevant, but I can't see why he would, unless if he decides to run away from the FH's after this charade is over and he needs some fodder to fend off would be bothersome attackers and to run his errands.

I just wonder how climbing the tower will be possible after this competition, unless he really does marry a princess or a GF high ranker female.

Or maybe climbing is different for Rankers from what we've bee seeing, not comprised of organized competitions/combat, just free-for-all melees while literally ascending?