Discussion - Tower of God Pairing Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Tower of God Pairing Thread

Which do you want to see become Baam's girl(s) (Pick up to 3)?

• Total voters

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Imagine my surprise to look around in the ToG forum and find no pairing thread. Sure, Tower of God isn't super romance focused but that's no reason we should pointlessly obsess about that aspect of the series right?

So which pairings in ToG tickle your fancy?

I'll go with...

Ship Leesoo X Anak Zahard

I really like the playful air these two have in their interactions with one another. And I'm very curious what would happen if a little romantic tension was added to that mix. Also can you even imagine Anak jealous? I would love that.:XD

Urek Mazino X Garam Zahard

This one probably warrants some explanation. Supposedly, Mazino is notoriously unpopular with women in the tower. It's also rumored that he has a crush on Garam Zahard who, like most women he meets, hates him. Complicating matters further she's a princess currently on the run from Zahard and the 10 Families and was last seen hiding on the 43rd floor (where she sheltered Anak's mother). There is no part of this couple I don't love as a foundation for a bizarre love story.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you notice Baam parings are absent from my list. The reason for this is quite simply because I can't decide. All the pairings for him are just so good. But for those you that can decide you will find a poll at the top of the page. If I forgot anyone you think should be there post or pm me and I'll edit it in for you.

Last edited:

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I ve made myself clear in the past TOG threads that my favor goes to yeon, IF there was any option for second choice though i might have selected yuri.
The problem is rachel. I hope SIU kicked the idea of Baam ending up with her, it will make 90% of his fans angry.
lol remember Yeon shouting at Baam when she thought that they drowned in the test where they met Urek? shame on you FUG you call yourself a slayer and you drowned, imagine her reaction when she sees that Baam got caved in due to that explosion. :XD

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Uh Rachel? I almost got sick to my stomache.

I think I can't decide between Yeon and Androssi. I think Yeon needs more time to develop or something. We don't really know her.

On the other hand Androssi x Baam... Zahard princess on one side and FUG Slayer on the other! A forbidden love!

Btw, I like Goseng for some reason. Maybe because I'm wondering what is under those ashtray glasses...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I ve made myself clear in the past TOG threads that my favor goes to yeon, IF there was any option for second choice though i might have selected yuri.
The problem is rachel. I hope SIU kicked the idea of Baam ending up with her, it will make 90% of his fans angry.
lol remember Yeon shouting at Baam when she thought that they drowned in the test where they met Urek? shame on you FUG you call yourself a slayer and you drowned, imagine her reaction when she sees that Baam got caved in due to that explosion. :XD
Yeon's a good one.

That's why that is such a hard question for me. Yeon's tsundere-ness is awesome. Yuri's insanity is awesome. Andossi's is...well, Androssi. Rachel is the only option I don't like. I think I'm going to vote for Androssi myself just because...well, she is Androssi.

Uh Rachel? I almost got sick to my stomache.
Yeah, I have that same reaction. Had to throw her name in there though.

Btw, I like Goseng for some reason. Maybe because I'm wondering what is under those ashtray glasses...
Yeah, Horyang has a thing for her so, since he lived, maybe that could be a possibility. Though to be honest Horyang doesn't hold much appeal for me in the pairing game.

Maybe Arkrapter X Goseng? It would create a nice family dynamic going for Miseng.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yeah, Horyang has a thing for her so, since he lived, maybe that could be a possibility. Though to be honest Horyang doesn't hold much appeal for me in the pairing game.

Maybe Arkrapter X Goseng? It would create a nice family dynamic going for Miseng.
i would hope its only for Horyanga triangle will put me off.
initiall Goseng is drawn really petite with not much beauty apeal. Since thigs will turn to Horyans healing and all that i think she will be drawn better now

Reclaimer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam/Viole forming a Zahard Princess + Yeon + Black March harem is the preferable outcome, but if Baam has to be with one person, I'm choosing the Black March.

She's sexy, can take a human form when ignited, and laid claim to Baam first.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Baam/Viole forming a Zahard Princess + Yeon + Black March harem is the preferable outcome, but if Baam has to be with one person, I'm choosing the Black March.

lol that wont happen you know that :p
actually i dont think androssi or yuri are probable mates for Baam they are princess they are bound by law. I think SIU thought of that and the fact that baam lacks a love interest after rachel became the @#$%^&^ so he introduced Yeon. Slight tsundere + clumzy + cant control her power so needs viole but tsundere so cant say it out loud + beauty unlike rachel.
+ their age seem to be close i know in the tower the time goes slowly but it seems Yeons age and baams age is similar Yuri is Much older than them

she fits baam perfectly. in my Humble opinion :p

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam seducing all the Zahard princesses is part of FUG's plan to take Zahard down. Daughters turning their back on daddy for the bad boy is pretty standard, especially if the father forbids them to see that boy again.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Black March has been added to the poll.:^_^

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is off topic, but I just noticed something about this poll that puts a big smile on my face. I have to mention it because it's so stupid and pointless that if I don't point out, I suspect nobody but me will ever notice. If you'll turn your attention to the colors of the bars in the poll.

• Yuri is Red
  • Rachel is Blue (This one doesn't really make sense but it doesn't matter because I figure nobody is going to vote for her.)
  • Androssi is Yellow
  • Yeon is Pink

Get it? That was accidental but it brought me great joy just the same.

Which is why Black March being turquoise makes me sad.:8C

abc1233

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeon X Yuri
Enough said.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yeon X Yuri
Enough said.
HELL NO MAN, i m in for a nice little normal baam nd yeon/ yuri/androssi relationship

Incidentally do you guys think that androssi was really head over heels with baam? From her history we know that she was more of a oppotunist kind a gal not to mention that she is a princess so she might have said she want to go to a date with baam 'just passing'. I mean back then she thought Baam is Rachels yet she said that i think it was more of a 'just passing' statement than an actual 'love you' statement.
BUT she is the 3 rd fav female chara in this series so i would be happy if i got it wrong
BUT man No one voted for Yuri :(

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I wonder if there will be a woman for Baam. Because at the moment, it seems there won't be any. That's why I feel the whole story a bit tragic. In the beginning there was love. And after that a horrible betrayal. And now pain, anger and kind of a search for revenge, but also for making sense of the life inside the tower. That's how I see Baam. So the question about his girlfriend is not like a question for naruto's girlfriend, or luffy's girlfriend, in which the love is much more something incidental or secundary. Yeah, because in the end, if Baam is capable to watch with love in the eyes to a woman, that will have to be fully believable. Or I will feel swindled... And to make of that scene something believable many things would have to happen.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Still thinking about it....

yes... that should be a test for ToG: if in the end is a story about a fights and about how a guy becomes so powerful that is capable to domain his all world... that would be a bad plot. There should be an asnwer to what happened to him, something that makes sense of what Rachel did... and the fights and the action is as important as that answer.... I can feel Baam's search.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If we were to look at Part 2 only, it seems pretty clear that Yeon is the love interest.

We can forget about Rachel, unless there's a freaking big plot twist somewhere down the road...
As for Yuri, I think she's too old (500 years old or something like that?), and that she would never see him like that.

Androssi is a possibility, but despite having a few moments, IIRC, they didn't have the same kind of interaction that Yeon and Baam had.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I'm surprised by Yeon popularity (not that she isn't awesome).

I think all of them are very real possibilities, depending on whether or not SIU "goes there"; which he may not.

With Yeon, I think her decision to be his guard is pretty good evidence that she's interested in Baam. She's a pretty huge tsundere, so she can't really come out and say she wants to stay close to him but I think that's what it comes down to. And while she needs him to control her power; I feel like there is more to it than that.

With Yuri, well....look at the image at the start of the thread. She is a Baam fangirl. Even after all the time that's passed she's still searching for him too. So there is definitely something there. But considering how crazy strong she is, it will probably be a while before anything interesting happens with her. And even then there is the strict Zahard princess "no dating" rule; though, knowing her, she probably wouldn't care. At 500 she may seem old but less so when you consider the ages of Androssi (306 years old) and Anak (who is known to be older than Androssi)

With Androssi, through one of her shoe metaphors, she basically says that she doesn't believe in platonic friendship with men; and she's definitely friends with Baam, even promised him a date (though that seemed mainly to annoy Yuri). Though it's hard to tell with her what emotions are for fun and what's genuine but I think there is something there.

With Rachel, she's the one Baam can't let go of. Which just seems like a massive case of bad judgement on his part but it is what it is.

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Wow, I'm surprised by Yeon popularity (not that she isn't awesome).

I think all of them are very real possibilities, depending on whether or not SIU "goes there"; which he may not.

With Yeon, I think her decision to be his guard him is pretty good evidence that she's interested in Baam. She's a pretty huge tsundere, so she can't really come out and say she wants to stay close to him but I think that's what it comes down to. And while she needs him to control her power; I feel like there is more to it than that.
YEON FTW
3 votes already
if i knew that she got so popular i would have voted yuri to keep her in the game

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I voted for Yeon. Couldn't decide between her and Androssi (because... Androssi). But, I don't know, Yeon seemed more right in my head. Maybe it's because I saw some character development and she doesn't seem as "bad" as Androssi (she was willing to kill her team mates without much remorse).

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Viole teams up with Xia Xia, I fully expect her to emerge as a romantic interest for Viole. Well, a romantic interest in the climb into his bed and violate him in his sleep sense.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm dissapointed guys! :derp How can you put Rachel there and not even the dark horse of this series Hwa Ryun!! :mono