Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wouldn't bet on that though. In HxH for example the Nen system got fully explained in ch.46. And till then we also only had glimpsed of "powers" from others until our main heroes gained that ability themselves later on. The same might go for UU though it could happen we get told the Un-System earlier than it happened in HxH, we will see. It is possible that Nico will be the one doing the explanation in a shared mission with Andy and Fuuko or at the Union base after/before a mission, but who knows when that will happen.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
In HxH the Nen system was revealed later but it had only been used very subtly before the HA arc. This one is different, but I don't think we'll get a chart soon.

That's not true, Fuuko was able to touch Victhor/Victor and nothing happened to him, so her emotional state regarding the one she is touching is very important. When she touched her grandpa he only got a backpain whereas when she touched her parents they died in a plane explosion. So her emotions play a huge role similar to how Shen has to be "fond" of his target to be able to use his power on people so does Fuuko need to "love/care" the ones she touch to bring them appropriate Unluck. If she hates them then she can touch them all she wants like she did with Victor using her boobs as weapons, that would have killed Andy in like three different ways with Victor nothing happened.
So it isn't that farfetched to assume that, at least partly, Emotions also play a rule for Tatiana to use her powers. It might not be all that is needed to activate her power but her emotions might play a part in how strong her powers are when used.
True that her feelings for the person she touches matter, but there is the duration too. It would have affected Victhor eventually, but much later compared to people she likes.

Emotions do matter for Tatiana, but it seems to be more related to her emotional state. If she calms down she can stop it, Fuuko is unable to stop Unluck once it's triggered.

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I love the paneling choice, it elevates the manga so much. Can't believe this is done by a newbie

(watch this if you don't know what i'm talking about)

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Untouchable indeed. Cool chapter.

Tatiana's situation is easily the worst of the Negators so far.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Untouchable indeed. Cool chapter.

Tatiana's situation is easily the worst of the Negators so far.
It is similar to Fuuko as in killing her parents due getting her power but yeah it is far worse. Fuuko got it easier as Andy is there to take any beating he gets due any kind of touch happening between them plus if Fuuko were a heartless bitch she could live Life normally just on the expense of everyone around her touching her whenever it is by accident or due her own will.
But Tatiana is really in a bad spot with her Untouchable power. Both had the problem of long hair but while Fuuko got hers cut first chapter Tatiana will not be able to cut hers till her death or till the system is done for. Same with clothes or her toys, if you think about it, it is really sweet she gave Fuuko a Teddybar when she was in the Union hospital. Spending your whole life unable to touch anything or anyone is horrible...
At least she got Billy who I really liked in the flashback! If anyone still didn't got that Billy is blind now they got it black on white. Also Billy doing his best to bake three long cake bars despite being blind for a little girl he has never met before and who also just wanted to die to escpae her situation was so goddamn sweet. Tatiana munching that cake and asking for more was adorable! Tatiana's only "bodily joy" is eating due her power's "weakness". I bet that part might be how she gonna die in the future. Poisoned by a Billy look-a-like who smiles at her choking demise, a bit like Maes Hughes died in FMA but less bloody.
Ah, man, I hope that not gonna happen...
The slow-mo part of Tatiana's power expanding and ending the whole ship was just kino! Loved it to pieces! <3
Shame Feng and other dude who probably got the "Unlimited" power escaped but this should teach them that nothing can touch Tatiana! Girl put the whole "best defense is a good offense" on its head by having the greatest defense (except for one part) crushing any kind of offense thrown at her. Guess that means her self-repairing robot is all Nico's doing, to which I did call the whole brainwave using to move the robot and its limbs and equipment. Nico is such a genius beast, damn.
Really liked the ending, Rip has robot legs/Artifact legs like the Artifact kiddo???, with Rip carrying Latla and Andy carrying Fuuko and Chi-kun mid-air. Gonna be an interesting fight for sure next chapter and most likely either be the final of this battle or the runner-up to it. <3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also wanna add, the whole "self-targeting compulsory activation type of Negator" really sounds like we got a system made of two parts - first what does it target and second how does it activate its power. Later on there might be a third one which will be like some high level finisher move or something like that but for now it seems Negators can be put into two categories first part either self-targeting or other-targeting and being compulsory or at choice and potentially more in the 2nd part.
Doesn't seem like that complicated of a system but the many extra rules each Un-power either breaks or brings with it to be activated make it pretty large and complex.

Last edited:

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

Am I trolling or Feng looks like this Guy (Shiki from Black Cat)
also Creed has the same as Creed from Black Cat

Last edited:

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Am I trolling or Feng looks like this Guy (Shiki from Black Cat)
also Creed has the same as Creed from Black Cat
I've never read it, but I can see that.

The hands behind back and text on their clothing also reminds me of Zeno.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Brilliant chapter.
Holy shit, Tatiana's human form is so pretty :blink She is the prettiest girl in the series so far for me.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Brilliant chapter.
Holy shit, Tatiana's human form is so pretty :blink She is the prettiest girl in the series so far for me.
I take it you like long hair then? ^^
Because the only other option why you'd like it would start with "L". :P

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I take it you like long hair then? ^^
Because the only other option why you'd like it would start with "L". :P
Who wouldn't like the long hair :nono
Also, if she has presumably taken out those 2 she was fighting (Meaning knocking them out of commission), this proves these guys will be mainstay villains of the series. Since we haven't seen their abilities yet. Kinda of like the Phantom Troupe. Which is very nice, so far all the Negator hunters we have met are interesting characters.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Given the doublespread it seems like Feng grabbed Creed and used his power to jump away in time. So yeah, won't be the last time we saw them.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Actually, come to think of it, I think Latla will be the one who saves Fuuko, and not Unrepair. Unrepair stated that his power will only stop working if he dies/ he stops it by himself. That would mean knocking him out would not be a prerequisite here. And I think it is far too early in the series for him to die, even if Andy is not exactly a stranger to killing people (Gina and Void).
Unrepair is not that nice a person to stop the ability by himself, but I feel as if Latla will be the one to fix Fuuko.

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
billy the goat..
tatiana is cute and tragic.
that dialog with billy hit me hard. everyone wanna die in this series (fuuko, andy, now tatiana). but thanks god to billy and nico.. cant wait for their centric arc

Untouchable, for me this power almost silmilar to satoru gojo from JJK. with simpler mechanic and simple understanding (untouch, and push but no pull).. hope can evolve (imagine create void/vacuum too) like gojo.. that will be goat.
Untouchable had one of the most potential, beside undead, unluck and unjustice.. i mean, nico last chapter said it can destroy city. lol, this list will keep growing if new negators get reveal..

my take about negators hunter fate this arc
Feng and creed escaped, but creed leg injured.
RIP is dead or escaped, but
Latla get left begind and captured by UNION.. and like andy, we will see her behind bar and nico had new toy.. but fuuko will against it of course..

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I feel like Rip negation ability is not good for rematch. it works really good as a crippling tool (the best example is Houshin Engi) , but too bad the current crippling person is Fuuko, so the author cannot go to that route that Houshin did

But Rip probably has Ace up his sleeve (the eyepatch, the legs...), so he could be a recurring villain.

Also, until we have more development on the UNMOVE dude, i'm going to say he won't be the 11th seat. It may be him, but I'm going to bet on someone else completely.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Rip's fancy legs looks awesome! I like how Latla asks how can we talk -> because Rip covers their faces with his shirt of Unmove can't see them. Tatiana was like Jesus walking on water, lol. The whole combo of the powers is pretty cool and the 5 spreads looked really cool. This guy really loves his spreads in every chapter. XD
Next chapter someone gonna die for real! Either that or Latla will be hurt in a way that involves Unrepair so he is forced to reveal that there are other ways to stop his never repairing wounds.

Latla Lovers

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
How does Tatiana's untouchable destroy the blades but push Andy upwards? Can she choose what to destroy and what to push?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Another great chapter. I love how Andy uses his power.

How does Tatiana's untouchable destroy the blades but push Andy upwards? Can she choose what to destroy and what to push?
To a certain extent probably. They said in the last chapter that when she leaves her bot the strength is explosive at first, so it's not the normal output. But if she had perfect control, she wouldn't need that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Brilliant chapter.
Latla is the prettiest :hmph.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think this is more due the speed and weight of the blades destroying themselves on an indestructible barrier. That Unmove guy undid his powers thus the blades moved forward with the same speed as before but their destruction power just is nothing against the impenetrable power of Tatiana.

Btw nice avatar and User name. :super