Shounen Undead Unluck

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
i thought the 3rd cover will be Shen + Andy + Fuuko, then I look at the chapter in volume 12 (Goes up to chapter 17 VICTHOR), now it makes sense
haha
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess the third cover means that Rip might die for good, after all Gina also got Volume 2 despite her being in there for like one chapter or so.
 

BloodyBoredom

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
343
Reaction score
437
Age
27
Country
United Kingdom
hope Rip doesn't die, he's a really fun character so far, I also wanna see his past at the very least if he does die, at this point I think Fuuko's volume will be the final one of the series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


HQ volume 3 cover from official account on twitter
also UU volumes 1 and 2 were advertised on TV in Japan
UU volume 3 will also be releasing a keychain of Andy vs Rip
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Kinda surprised Tatiana was not on this cover. Would have loved to see her in official colors (At least, there are no official colors of her out yet I am aware of).
Also, I know I have said this before, but Unrepair's design is simply exquisite. Might actually be my favorite character design in the series :blai
 

BloodyBoredom

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
343
Reaction score
437
Age
27
Country
United Kingdom
Kinda surprised Tatiana was not on this cover. Would have loved to see her in official colors (At least, there are no official colors of her out yet I am aware of).
Also, I know I have said this before, but Unrepair's design is simply exquisite. Might actually be my favorite character design in the series :blai


this is the end of volume 3 (chapter 25) I assume, Tatiana's real appearance isn't shown till volume 4, might be why Tozuka held off putting her on volume 3 at all, volume 4 could very well be Tatiana, Chikara or even another new character, and I agree, Rip has a great design, which is why I want him to survive somehow.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Kinda surprised Tatiana was not on this cover. Would have loved to see her in official colors (At least, there are no official colors of her out yet I am aware of).
Also, I know I have said this before, but Unrepair's design is simply exquisite. Might actually be my favorite character design in the series :blai
the ball yes, but not the person inside
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Found these rather lovely doodles on Tumblr last night:






Made me realize just how adorable Fuuko's hat is :D
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 29 is out
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So Rip died and came back as a Shota, so that's why I heard a thousand women voices cry out in pain to suddenly be silenced and then scream in joy, lol. XD

"Under", interesting choice of naming their organization. Love all the Un-words used in this series. Union vs Under - who will win? They got three months before Under will flip the "unfair" world to make it "fair" and right now all Unions got more and more battle with them. Seems Unseen never took part in this robbery or maybe he did and is now following Fuuko and co to undergo the Union?

So first off all THAT IS ONE HELL OF A GIANT ORCA!!!!!! Just look how tiny Tatiana's power bubble is right next to it! That thing is bigger than a Ichthyosaur Shonisaurus sikanniensis!!! Man, what kinda Un-power is behind that?

Nice of Rip to come back from the dead to answer Fuuko's question. Still wonder who saved him like that and with what power.

Loved clothy being a swimsuit to keep Andy afloat, lol. Same with Andy giving his thanks to everyone for helping him beat Rip as solo-on-solo he would have lost for sure due Rip's power conditions.

I also like how Fuuko and Andy gave Chikara a week to decide how he wants to live as a negator - stay hidden or become a member of Union. And we all saw his decision albeit it was done under not knowing all the facts and conditions, haha, take this as a lesson, kiddo to ask further questions before signing a contract. XD

Btw, do those artefact legs adjust to Rip's size? Those look the same but are way smaller than the ones he had on as an adult. Nice how Fuuko hid Nico's name and changed it into nice doctor, good thinking, girl.^^

So all artifacts give you images, but different depending on the person? Interesting, I wonder if this "god" we saw is just one of many or THE god and this has either been a past Ragnarok or will be the future one of this world when it comes to an end. Really like how Under's goal is to rule the world before it comes to an end because why try beating something you cannot beat in the first place? Rather rule over the trashyard before it burns to hell. Also that "next step" mention... does this mean Under has a way for its members to revive in the next world when this one is done for? How? I can see why Andy/Victhor survived all those Ragnaroks over and over again because he cannot die but how does this work for those Negators?

Love the ending with Andy going all "Let's team up and KILL God!" and Chikara is all "how about you tell me that before I sign up?". XD

Hope next week's CP gonna look better than this week's one, it was pretty lame, honestly. Maybe he could surprised that he won first prize and was supposed to do two CPs and he thought he had only one to do like the next week's one so he made a very quick CP for this week. At least it feels that way.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
RIP LIVES!!!! :blai
So so happy about that, I swear I could not bring myself to enjoy last chapter so much because of his apparent death. But genuinely pleased he is still around :nod
The best villain in this manga so far for me.
There is probably the user Untime in Under, though I am not quite sure how reverting Rip to a kid saves him. Have to admit, I liked the reveal regardless.
Fantastic way to end the arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Still wonder who saved him like that and with what power.
Or....nvm. It is probably Unpast, based on this page.
I need to reemmber all these UMAs and potential negators :sweatdrop
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
AH! That revolver! You can see it in Rip's pants tucked in with the other stuff he stole in chapter 26!!!
 

BloodyBoredom

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
343
Reaction score
437
Age
27
Country
United Kingdom
Since Shen and Mui are in Egypt, they are most likely trying to recover the Artifact Rebellion from chapter 19, also, Rip is just a member, so we have yet to see the leader or leaders of Under, so that will be exciting to see our real antagonist from that organisation, really glad Chikara is staying with Andy and Fuuko, I love the trio.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany


Tozuka going ways, bros, his first interview and probably not his last one either.^^
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also I have a theory of what artifacts actually are. Based on Fuuko and Andy seeing images and Rip saying you get different images from different artifacts I think those are objects which survived the Ragnarok or "reset" of the world and continue on in the next ones while carrying memories of the past world they were made of. So the artifacts might tell different images due them being on different worlds in the past Ragnaroks.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Since Shen and Mui are in Egypt, they are most likely trying to recover the Artifact Rebellion from chapter 19
What did you mean by this? I actually went back to reread the chapter, I didn't get what you meant by this bit :blink

really glad Chikara is staying with Andy and Fuuko
I really am not a fan of his power tbh :sweatdrop Like I said before, it feels like a weaker version of Unavoidable. Chikara MIGHT actually end up growing on me as a character, not discounting this. But I don't think I will ever warm up to his ability :nono
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
okay so i kinda lied. I ended up reading this week undead x unluck also, F So I won't read Jump this week (due to Ghost writer ended) should be I won't read 95% of Jump this week :derp

What did you mean by this? I actually went back to reread the chapter, I didn't get what you meant by this bit :blink
When the Talking Book gives out reward, it says Artifact Rebellion is in Egypt, Shen is on his way to retrieve that.

also speaking of UMA and negators, we know these exists and are probably out there, whether they have been subdue by the Union is another story

Negator UNPAST
Negator UNBURN
Negator UNSPOIL
Negator UNEAT
Negator UNCALL

UMA TOUCHABLE
UMA DEAD
UMA LUCK
UMA REPAIR - what if Rip got repair by this tame UMA (like UMA Move)
UMA TRUTH
UMA JUSTICE
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think either Untime or Unpast were the Negators who "revived" Rip by making him a child again. Or something like that. Or they got an artifact like the holy grail from which you can revive the dead but they have to start over as kiddos but given what Rip said it seems he will only be a shota for a short time.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Btw guys, amidst all this theorizing, don't forget there's a new best girl in town :xp


This panel is too cute for life.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Gotta admit I didn't saw that one in ch.28, so I had to check and yeah you can really see part of the censorbar in the title page. XD
Now I have to check where the on in ch.29 is.^^
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah yes, the life-jacket part obviously. XD
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
say this arc probably last about 3 days, plus 7 days timeskip, so 10 days total

The Union has about 2 and a half months until APOCALYPSE adds another penalty, and making the Stone Tablet goes up to 99 penalties, they also have to deal with Under :x3. I think this will be a long arc (~40 chapters), and one of the reward will be another seat.

Also, I have a feeling there is a spy. I don't think it is a coincidence that Under is in Egypt, they somehow know Rebellion is there
^ edit: just reread some chapters, the book didn't say where Rebellion is exactly (Rebellion is here), same thing with Negator UNBURN
 
Last edited:
Top