Seinen Until Death Do Us Part by Takashige Hiroshi & DOUBLE-S

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, from all the similarities that I read, I think it might very well be in the same universe, not an alternate one. As for your theory,
maybe, but the name of the institute did seem to be significant. I was talking about something someone says, so you'd need to read it.
 

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
For whatever reason (well, okay, almost definitely the Mamoru and Haruka thing), UDDUP seems to attract a significant number of female readers. I'm basing this off of the other forums I read, comments on our blog, the emails we get, etc. Actually, in terms of those who comment on/discuss UDDUP, there might even be more girls than guys reading it. Which is unusual, I think, for a seinen. Though, as I haven't studied the demographics of any other seinen, that's just baseless speculation on my part.

And just to note, my team (NSN, in case the connection wasn't clear) is made up of three guys. Slightly ironic.
It is because the title is so wrong for seinen series >.< most guys skip it.

Honestly the one who introduced me to this manga is a girl too lol. And also i think actually even though it is seinen not much violent in UDDUP (since the network use non lethal weapon) compare to other seinen series out there like Hellsing, Gantz, Blade of Immortal.

And agreed with MidnightReverie if UDDUP got animated with high budget, it will be a bomb.

Edit:
I need to add this (ref to title is very tricky things to a manga) ironically while 07 ghost(josei) manga got animated, DB subs it, while they say FMA(notably shonen) is gay (reason they don't want to sub FMA)
 
Last edited:

ozzy23

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Croatia
if UDDUP gets animated, I can die happy... also if they put Junichi Suwabe (Grimmjow in bleach, and Akatsuki Kain in vampire knight, for the shoujo crowd... also I can see mamoru being a mix of those two characters...Grimmjow for the crazy and violent side, and akatsuki for the normal one lol) as Mamoru's voice actor I'll go straight to Heaven... your thoughts?
 

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
For the record...I read it for the fighting. The Mamoru- Haruka dynamic is plus.

I like Kung Fu...Martial Arts and Sword Play. I fell in love since he sucker-punched that fat pile of grease and pulled out his sword. I read manga that most guys prefer for the reasons guys prefer them....
It is because the title is so wrong for seinen series >.< most guys skip it.

Honestly the one who introduced me to this manga is a girl too lol.
Oi? Was it me? :p

Yeah I had guys comment that the title mislead them into thinking it was a romance :facepalm...It wasn't until I got some panels turned into sigs and wearing quotes from Mamoru that I got them to see it wasn't

I really want this to be animated...but the butchering of Kurokami makes me say...WAIT! WAIT! Don't be to hasty to make it an anime if that is gonna happen--If it does. I will massacre the entire production team...for real for real. (If someone will be kind enough to mail me the Bleach Volumes for commissary, while I am incarcerated. I would greatly appreciate it. ):amuse

if UDDUP gets animated, I can die happy... also if they put Junichi Suwabe (Grimmjow in bleach, and Akatsuki Kain in vampire knight, for the shoujo crowd... also I can see mamoru being a mix of those two characters...Grimmjow for the crazy and violent side, and akatsuki for the normal one lol) as Mamoru's voice actor I'll go straight to Heaven... your thoughts?
No Ozz! No...Junichi Sawabe won't fit. He's a different kind of bad ass. Someone like Katsuyuki Konishi or...Tomokazu Seki or even Nobutoshi Canna

BA is down and I can't fangirl the last four chapters
Wow I am lovin this manga!
Serena surprised me with going to Inaba. I totally didn't see that coming. I hope she just wants to protect Haruka and no more of that "I must save her from Mamoru crap" :s I liked that cover page with Serena on it. It was sexy.


I was mad at the artwork because Mamoru changed from the hottie he was to looking like a "hobo"...but that's all over with. New Mamoru panels had Smex

I am sure as hell getting that page with him and the bloody sword in color --sorry. I have graphic obsession and getting stock for renders have become my latest obsession born from fetish for signatures, Icons and Avies...

I am really digging that chapter cover with Mamoru that says he only lives to fight....It's like a futuristic Wild West Cover:worship2--bad ass.



I don't trust that dude with Mamoru. He's definitely not trying to help him. It also looks like Mamoru is about to become enemies with the wall.

Serena, Igawa and Dai (:darn) will have to decide to stay with them or with the wall.


I wonder what Tatsumi means by he is putting Haruka on her path. is he also a precog?

Haruka continues to show why she's a valuable asset. I love Mamoru to peices. But ...sometimes he does go off half cocked, without a plan...although that is what keeps him ahead of the enemies, but sometimes I feel he'd be walking into death

So Mamoru just wanted to be put in a situation were there was "actual combat" and it's not out of any noble sense of atonement for killing his master. That line about having no guilt because his teacher was inferior and died was soo cold but oh so bad ass! :worship

Hijikata- Haruka moments were extra special :kissbunny

I have to make breakfast. Just when I am in a fangirl mode! :mad
 
Last edited:

ozzy23

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Croatia
to each their own... but I could see hisagis' voice as mamoru just a easily, but noitra's? kinda hard... ok no way in hell (I hate the character)... I don't know the third one you mentioned, but I just remember kazuya nakai, coincidentally he played a Hijikata... in gintama lol

about the chapter:
a crowning moment of awesome and heartwarming for me at least was when he told senji 'let her cry as much as she wants'... I half thought he was gonna be angry with her, but now that I look at it he doesn't really care if they get noticed, that's what they came here to do... but anyway he's just being so understanding with her... I wonder how they'll deal with it after the fight is over... wonder if he's gonna say sth to try and comfort her... not likely, but I can hope
 

Lucifiel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hmm... I've really enjoyed reading this manga for quite some time. :) Really like Haruka, Mamoru and all the cast. And Senji seems pretty interesting too.
 

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
to each their own... but I could see hisagis' voice as mamoru just a easily, but noitra's? kinda hard... ok no way in hell (I hate the character)... I don't know the third one you mentioned, but I just remember kazuya nakai, coincidentally he played a Hijikata... in gintama lol

about the chapter:
a crowning moment of awesome and heartwarming for me at least was when he told senji 'let her cry as much as she wants'... I half thought he was gonna be angry with her, but now that I look at it he doesn't really care if they get noticed, that's what they came here to do... but anyway he's just being so understanding with her... I wonder how they'll deal with it after the fight is over... wonder if he's gonna say sth to try and comfort her... not likely, but I can hope
Hisagi voice won't work. He needs his Omi no Kyo voice (Demon Eye Kyo) from Samurai deeper Kyo. He can become soft or hard but very Cocky. Or the one he uses as Kamina in Gurren Lagann
He's very versatile...It is why he is tied with Daisuke Namikawa (Ulquiorra) & Toshiyuki Morikawa (Isshin/Tousen/Tsubaki and he sounded as if he voiced Senbonzakura in the fillers) as my absolute faves.

Honestly I think Shinchiro Miki (Urahara) could voice him with no problem.

Oh No...Not Noi's voice.
As Ban Mido...in GetBackers Anime he was damn cool. He also was crazy as Lancer in Fate State Night--makes me realize he's not half bad as Mamoru


Tomazaku Seki has a lot of range. I like the way he voiced Akira in Maze and he was fucking nuts as Giglamesh in Fate State Night

JS...is a different kind of bad ass. He's smooth...he can do Pyscho but he just doesn't fit.. My first pick would be Hisagi's Seiyuu....You have to hear his deeper voices...Mamoru needs a hard but soft voice...deadly voice and needs someone that can go from calm to psycho in an heart beat...or Toshiyuki Morikawa. He made it to my second pick..

To each his own...yeah.


He comforts her in his own gruff way--so It won't surprise me.


I want to know about this new swordsman is he friend or foe?

Expect me to go into further detail in FC tomorrow(Later today). I am in the middle of something and since you are as obsessive as I am about UDDUP. I just wanted to see if you answered.:p

Thanks for link for chapter...I couldn't rep you just yet. :darn
 

ozzy23

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Croatia
this is kinda random, but did anyone else think she was gonna kiss him n the latest chapter? lol it's kinda farfetched lol... anyway by now I don't think I'd even be freaked out by the loli factor... hell I'd die just for a kiss on the cheek.. lol... that would be sooo cute... ok sorry random...

also the new raw was awesome!
so there really was a bear!
also seeing haruka in jeans was cool... she looked older... or at least it seemed that way to me...
but mamoru is kinda being an idiot... and not in his usual way... he let his guard down, and now we're left with a cliffhanger... stupid mamoru... don't die... senji was cute lol
 

fresco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I may reading too much into this but to me it seemed more like Haruka was getting Mamoru to focus on what she had to say by gently cradling his head between her hands and having him face her. Also, by having his head down to almost her level put them on almost equal status (like partners working as a team?).

I'm really liking this manga, great characters, art and story.
 

ozzy23

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Croatia
@ fresco: lol I was the one reading too much into it... (still a tiny kiss would've been nice) you're right... but it also might've been because she didn't want senji to hear what she was saying, so she had to get him to her level so she could whisper
 

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I just want to say...THANKS for translation and chapters. This fan girl loves you :fangirl

(I will kill anyone you ask me to) :amuse
 

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow, very interesting chapter 84!

Again, Mamoru is just so understanding of Haruka sometimes, even though he's not always. He lets her cry as much as she wants to, since her parents were dissolved in those vats, afterall. Super awful...

Now we just need to find out if those guys are stealing the big "automail" arm for Edge, or what? I'm sure it's for him, but I guess it really could be for someone else. I like how the NSN guys said at the end credits that Mamoru is just going to chop it off, so what's the point in going through all the trouble to steal it! Lol, that's so true...

So, I'm gonna have to go on with reading this other manga with the Daiba fella. At first I thought it was centered around Dai, so I was like "I'm not reading that! I hate that guy!" But, Daiba is actually really cool, and we got a bit of info on his childhood, which makes me think he's gorgeous and super interesting in a non-Mamoru kind of way. He's an intellectual sexy-type, and that's great, too! :amuse

Spoilers about ALCBANE:

Okay, so I read what Dante Julius translated from the ALCBANE series summary, and it seems it's all taking place about 10 years ago, back when Daiba was normal and healthy, physically. He used to wear a mechanical suit of armor that he created to fight crime? Seriously, this just sounds like Iron Man to me. Iron Man is really cool, though.

Mostly, I'm confused as to what the other series that it crosses into are. Were they all written by the same guy who writes UDDUP and ALCBANE? Or, are they just some by other authors that this guy decided to use to interweave?
 
Last edited:

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
UDDUP and Alcbane have the same writer as I said, but all the rest of the cross overs are by different writers and artists. I guess they all just decided to take characters from one an other's series and throw them in. I don't know if it's supposed to be the same universe or what, but the idea is interesting.

As for Edited Manga/licensing, basically none of them are picked up. We've got things to do now, but I suppose those could be interesting future projects (not soon mind you). We've been looking into buying them (in particular and first Alcbane), but we're not going to right now. We'd do it after DDC which is still going to take some time and even then we won't have a ton of time.
 

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow, very interesting chapter 85!

Again, Mamoru is just so understanding of Haruka sometimes, even though he's not always. He lets her cry as much as she wants to, since her parents were dissolved in those vats, afterall. Super awful...

Now we just need to find out if those guys are stealing the big "automail" arm for Edge, or what? I'm sure it's for him, but I guess it really could be for someone else. I like how the NSN guys said at the end credits that Mamoru is just going to chop it off, so what's the point in going through all the trouble to steal it! Lol, that's so true...

So, I'm gonna have to go on with reading this other manga with the Daiba fella. At first I thought it was centered around Dai, so I was like "I'm not reading that! I hate that guy!" But, Daiba is actually really cool, and we got a bit of info on his childhood, which makes me think he's gorgeous and super interesting in a non-Mamoru kind of way. He's an intellectual sexy-type, and that's great, too! :amuse

Spoilers about ALCBANE:

Okay, so I read what Dante Julius translated from the ALCBANE series summary, and it seems it's all taking place about 10 years ago, back when Daiba was normal and healthy, physically. He used to wear a mechanical suit of armor that he created to fight crime? Seriously, this just sounds like Iron Man to me. Iron Man is really cool, though.

Mostly, I'm confused as to what the other series that it crosses into are. Were they all written by the same guy who writes UDDUP and ALCBANE? Or, are they just some by other authors that this guy decided to use to interweave?
Beni...I can't read your spoilers...or are those it?

Um can you post that info about ALCBANE, in the fan club? Or visit me with link to info or post both? Thank you :kissbunny:
 

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Beni...I can't read your spoilers...or are those it?

Um can you post that info about ALCBANE, in the fan club? Or visit me with link to info or post both? Thank you :kissbunny:
You can't read my spoilers? Why not? They seem to be working as far as I can tell...

Spoilers for Chap 84:
It seems like Mamoru is going to leave the Elements Network, eventually. This is what it seems like the author is setting us up for, if I can judge this accurately. That would mean that he'd have them turning against him from now on. And, if that does happen, I assume Haruka will be sticking by his side (she wouldn't have it any other way), but will Elements try to take her from him by force, or just wash their hands of Haruka?

Interesting stuff could be developing... I really like this manga...:D
 
Last edited:

LNsu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ch85 was gud. I like seeing more and more different emotions of Haruka, that bear fight was awesome. Only thing moar awesome was the pedobear reference. Excellent work NSN, you guys made my day.
 

ozzy23

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Croatia
I loved the bear fight too...
I love that he told her that if she screws up he'll be eaten... shows how much he trusts her to get herself (and him maybe) out of a tight spot if he's unable to for some reason...
 

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yes, the PedoBear joke at the end credits was sooo hilarious!!! :D

Anyways, just hope Mamoru will be okay, what with how the chapter ended, and all. But, since it's him, obviously he'll be alright!
 
Last edited:

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have a question. How many volumes are there to date? How many raw chapters left. Please tell me they won't just stop...or if that's the case. LIE TO ME for now!!!:(
Since we are caught up to the current plot. How often do those chapters come out. Weekly, Bi- Monthly?

Then once they do...how long does it take for release? Am I being to pushy? If I could help you...BELIEVE ME I WOULD :o

Chapter 85 was one of the best chapters ever! (Basically that's just fangirl, shipper, and graphic whore babble)
EPICTACULAR! First I have to praise Double S for bringing HOT SEXY MAMORU BACK!!! . He was so smexy and cute. ...That smile in the chapter . Who would have thought that finding a bear, would elicit such a reaction....it was cute. I loved the glasses. Although didn't they look like glasses, then turn to shades in the middle of the chapter? . Did anyone else notice that?

I really loved the chapter cover as well. I am going to get damn near that whole chapter in color.

...the classic line. " Before we leave, you must dodge that bear's attack"

I lol'd when I read that. I was like he's really crazy. That's one hell of way to train a young girl. He looked so cute when he said "make one wrong move and I am the one that will be eaten"

Even in the face of bear he will protect her . I know she's a kid but their moments are so romantic. I just love these two. I loved the panel of her by herself, them together when he's telling her she has to be strong. And the one with her running towards the bear, and him behind her smiling. Not like a proud papa either . Haruka really looked pretty in this chapter. So grown up. I give that chapter a perfect 100000000000000000. I don't think there are enough zeros to rate my love for it

What's the blonde samurai's name again. I forgot . I am liking his character development. His interactions with Haruka and Mamoru are WIN
I have a question that I asked my fan club in regards to "Mamoru's Plan"...but I will ask here.

Wow...So I am the only one that believes there is actually wisdom in what he's doing?
I mean he has no idea where his enemies are. Who they are. He got lucky and found Senji based on his intuition. If he can't find his enemies...He has to shake things up. He has to make them come to him. Yet he said
"I realize I can't cut my way through"​

So it's not as if he hasn't thought about his situation. He's also demonstrated that he's able to use Haruka's ability to the best of his advantage

Be it an inaccurate prediction or an accurate one. He isn't just running in thinking he's a one man army. He's relying on Senji and Haruka and working as a team, to achieve the best results. He's also mind-fucking his enemies because most would regard that as a suicide mission. So they will be thrown off-kilter because it isn't the norm.

This way he can scope them out and make them aware of existence at the same time. Which will lead them to him and he can take them out. I think it's actually pretty brilliant...:cool:

So do you think we will soon see who is going to get that... terminator:p type thing? Not really a spoiler, now is it? ;)

I sure hope it isn't Turus. :darn
 
Last edited:
Top