Seinen Until Death Do Us Part by Takashige Hiroshi & DOUBLE-S

Nihil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
26
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a question. How many volumes are there to date?
There are currently nine volumes out, which we worked out of until chapter 74. After 74, we had to use magazine raws instead. The 10th volume, covering probably chapters 75-84 or so, will most likely be out in a month or two.

How many raw chapters left. Please tell me they won't just stop...or if that's the case. LIE TO ME for now!!!
Since we are caught up to the current plot. How often do those chapters come out. Weekly, Bi- Monthly?
We've run out of available raws, though 86 has already been published and should be scanned in pretty soon (I know Finestela gets the raws from a good source, so they take longer. Though, if someone starts scanning them in earlier, we'll put in the extra work to use those).

The series is published every two weeks (biweekly), generally fairly regularly though the author occasionally takes breaks.

Then once they do...how long does it take for release? Am I being to pushy? If I could help you...BELIEVE ME I WOULD
It usually takes us 1-3 days to do a chapter start-to-finish: 1 if we're lucky and our translator has time to do it that night and we clean/typeset it the following morning; 3 if we're busy and can't get to it right away. 2 days is generally the average, if our speed on Vagabond is any indication.

We're happy to answer any questions you have, so don't worry about asking too many or something like that ;)

-Nihil


P.S. Thanks to everyone who appreciates our credit pages... we do our best ^^
 

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Spoilers Chap 85:
Yeah, OD, I too thought Haruka looks so much older in this chapter! I was surprised, but pleased, and she looked very pretty. Too bad Mamoru can't even see what she actually looks like!

Anyway, they BOTH looks so good in this chapter, especially in the bear scene. But, seriously, Mamoru can be scary at times! Making her evade a frikkin' bear??! :blink Well, she got used to it, we know that much, and what doesn't kill you only makes you stonger. I like that she's willing to become stronger, and in her own unique way.

But, I'm just worried about that last page. Did Haruka just yell too late? How is it that Mamoru didn't stop when she yelled to him not to go in that direction?

This is going to make waiting for the next Edited Manga really HARD!! But, the scanlaters are awesome and funny, and they can take their time!! :D
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, like Nihil said, we should have it done in a few days after it's out.
This one's fairly heavy in action, so there's not a lot of text.

Off topic, All I can think when I see Nake's sig is what Dante says when we gets Lucifer:
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle..! It penetrates! Until…! With great strength…! I… ram it in! In the end… We are all satisfied… and you are set free…!"
Lol.

Edit:
To answer the below without another off topic post: My pseudonym is a play on my own name, but I'm fans of both Dante from DMC (been a fan since the first) and Dante Alighieri, so they've both certainly influenced me in that decision.

Further off topic still, if you didn't already know, we actually scanlate a manga by Go Nagai based on Dante's Divine Comedy. It's written in a decasyllabic meter and everything (info here); it's a heavy read, and Go Nagai isn't the greatest artist, but there are some stand out moments (Dore imitations for example).
 
Last edited:

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So, it could be a while before we get to read Chapter 87? Is the raw provider good about scanning the chapter on time, like for really popular mangas?

@Dante
: I'm curious about this DDC manga. Does it have anything to do with the real Dante's Divine Comedy?
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, it could be a while before we get to read Chapter 87? Is the raw provider good about scanning the chapter on time, like for really popular mangas?

@Dante
: I'm curious about this DDC manga. Does it have anything to do with the real Dante's Divine Comedy?
Well the raws for 87 should have been out on the 4th. The raw provider now seems to only be Finestela. From past experience, it can take around a week to get scanned (but the scans are very nice, so we're not complaining). Very roughly speaking: raws should be out around the 11th (7 days after the japanese release) and then it can take us between 1 and 3 days to finish it. So you might see it sometime between the 12-14. Again, that's a very rough estimate and it could be off by several days if there's a snag or if something comes early.

Now, about DDC, its very similar to the actual one. So much so that we can quite often splice in lines from the actual poem (ergo it's a very heavy read for a manga). It also tangents off into historic parts, but for the most part is basically just follows the real Divine Comedy (all the way to paradiso). It's defiantly not a bastardization like the game coming out. There are also these parts which imitate Dore illustrations, which are great. Unfortunately the art isn't exactly the greatest throughout most of it.




New raws out, working of them. Should have the Edited Manga out within a few days.
Out now:
http://mangahelpers.com/s/nihilsinenefas/details/53367
 
Last edited:

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wait, am I crazy, or is there a new blond curly-haired cool guy on the scene helping out in Chapter 87?? He is new, isn't he, or did I just not notice him in a previous chapter?
 

ozzy23

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Croatia
That's Pyro I believe. We didn't get to see his hair before (his distinguishing trait), so you probably didn't connect the two. Speaking of which, does he sort of remind anyone else of Kisuke Urahara?

Edit:
This guy:
http://mangahelpers.com/s/nihilsinenefas/readonline/45848/14?t=1253000876
lol that's the first thing I thought when I saw the curly hear and the eyes shadowed by the hat... who knows maybe the artist likes bleach lol... at first I thought he was suspicious, but I kinda like him now... he's kinda similar to urahara personality wise so far... with all that being kinda neutral, but still helpfull sorta deal
 

NakeBenihime

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
See, I thought we'd seen him already, but I couldn't really figure it out because I KNOW I haven't seen that hair in UDDUP before.

Pyro seems really cool! Yay! I don't know if he reminds me of Urahara from Bleach. He's such a goofball. Pyro doesn't seem like that, but he does physically resemble him a lot...
 
Last edited:

DaRcK

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
it great manga but i stopped reading the manga idk why

but i feel like see what happen
 

aeynera

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The link didn't work.
 

aeynera

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I don't know about it being Igawa--it reminded me of Dai, especially the attitude.
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We were talking about the back of the guy's head in the top panel on the page 4.

To us, it looks like he has cornrows and even kind of like he has glasses, in other words, like Igawa.
 

aeynera

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Excuse me for misunderstanding.

I thought you all were talking about the character who was fighting in the Morphin Power get up. *shrugs*
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Atlast, I was able to catch up with the latest chapter (109). Mamoru's flashback story is already finished.
I can't wait for their next mission in which they'll meet Jesus. I wonder what will happen when he sees Mamoru again. :)
 

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Can't wait for the next mission too. Earlier chapter we can see Wiseman is hiring Jesus... does that mean Mamoru and Jesus are enemies now?
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I'm not sure about it but it would be interesting fight if its between Mamoru and Jesus. :amuse
Two legendary fighter against each other... its quite difficult to know who would win there :darn
I miss Genda though, it would be nice if he reappears again & fights either of the two.
 

fistsofrage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
755
Reaction score
223
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can't wait for the next mission too. Earlier chapter we can see Wiseman is hiring Jesus... does that mean Mamoru and Jesus are enemies now?
If Wiseman is hiring Jesus and Wiseman works for Mamoru, then that means all three will be working together.
 
Top