Re: [Bakafish]Until Death Do Us Part Edited Mangas (latest ch010)
By the way, yohgi, why did you ask for the raw?
Where you planing on translating them yourself? If you where I am sure zindryr and the guys would not be offended by your help. It could end up benefiting us all.
Re: [Bakafish]Until Death Do Us Part Edited Mangas (latest ch010)
I really enjoy this...nice to read nice story and a blind guy whooping butts ...tho havent seen a release from quite a long time...is it still ongoing or you dropped it?
yeah I heard of zatoichi but I've never actually seen except an amv of its battles, if like real samurai battles unlike the ones in manga with overpowered charracters then zatoichi is for you, it also is bloody and gory, but I still liked the fight scenes I saw, they were very good.
another blind charracter I've seen fighting is not a swords man, or swords woman I should say, also not in an anime, but she still is a fighter.
its toph bei phong from the series avatar the last airbender, its a western cartoon made in a very similar way to anime with lots of chinese martial arts and elemental powers, toph is an earhtbender, here is an article in wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toph
Something piqued my interest in this series again. I came across this hot babe in the series!!
This series is interesting, I had not really read anything that involve a blind man as the main lead, and it'll be unbelievable if he keeps on winning every fight, which I hope it don't happen here. Now, I'm wondering whether is this series just about them? And even up to this chapter, not much plot has been revealed, and that is killing me. And yeah, my next question would be whether the babe above, is going to one of the main leads too? Or another villian?
Re: [Bakafish]Until Death Do Us Part Edited Mangas (latest ch010)
Since I'm finally getting around to reading the newest two chapters, I'd thought I'd drop a thank you here, and bumping the thread while I'm at it. *sigh* I'm such a good person...
Generic Thank-You Message--!! (c)
So yeah... *goes to stare at more pictures of blind dude kicking random ass*
I figured I would make a thread for discussion of the current chapters that are being released and kind of slightly go over what we have missed for those of you who are not able to read the Japanese versions and must wait for me to catch us up.
Be warned, spoilers ahead but only of the currently being released chapters. I'll spoiler a summary of chapters 11-45 in this first post, but I ask you not to discuss it if you read it UNLESS you use a spoiler tag as well..
Once again, SPOILERS AHEAD FOR CHAPTERS 46+, BEWARE
Short volume summaries here.
I'll start from chapter 12.
We see Cindy, Sierra's child. About Haruka's age. Killed in a terrorist bombing most likely.
The two men from The Wall that saw the bombing from the end of the first volume are following two foreigners (who happen to be the terrorists) when a gun fight breaks out with hostages flashbombs and the like. India (one of The Wall men) gets injured in the fight and is taken to a public hospital (after Sierra saves him from the terrorists). While all this is going on, Mamoru, Alpha, Igawa and other Wall members are discussing what is in the briefcase (a biocomputer).
Komura from the Kakuhoukai barges into the ExSolid office and is told to get the biocomputers back from Mamoru and gang, and the terrorists from earlier are seen at the Republic of Galboa embassy. The leader of the terrorists is Edge Turus, the ambassador for Galboa. Genda and his partner start figuring things out and he heads off to talk to India who is still hospitalized. They each find out little things about the other (that not everything's what it seems, etc).
Mamoru and Sierra then put on their Sunday best and pay ExSolid a visit. They politely ask the manager to lead them to the secret research facility and let them inside for a look around, where they're attacked. Mamoru finds an inventive way to stop them from blowing their heads up, while Igawa and Haruka drive around in the bullet proof van of awesomeness.
Back at the hospital, Genda and India sense something wrong outside and decide to take a walk out there so as not to involve the others. Haruka also drops a little bomb of her own about her and Mamoru's future.
Going to try to make this a little shorter.
Genda and India are saved by other members of The Wall, but the terrorists heads explode injuring a few more. Mamoru sees the 'research center' that ExSolid has been using. Scalpels and other things for operating on humans all over next to another biocomputer.
Mamoru and Sierra hop back in the van with Igawa and Haruka, where they're greeted by one of the terrorists wishing to bargain. They do so, and Mamoru tells them he wants money for Haruka. A deal is struck so they follow into the belly of a ship where a huge battle ensues.
The Wall shows up, more fighting occurs. Edge Turus loses an arm (gee I wonder who cut that off), and happily ever after. Oh and also, (bigger spoiler so spoilering it):
Genda warns India that Mamoru is an actul, factual murderer. Alpha assumes that Mamoru was taken from jail and hired under one of the darker programs of the Elements Network.
The Wall heads off but it's decided that Sierra will stay and keep an eye on Haruka.
Genda visits he Tohyama house and run into Haruka's grandmother, and also notices someone keeping surveillance on the house. What's this, Edge Turus isn't dead and he calls for an assassin named Fang to kill Mamoru? Oh no.
Mamoru and Igawa go on to normal duties, kicking the fuck out of bad guys and the like. Mamoru teaches Haruka some stuff about surviving. Fang shows up. Haruka is sent to school with various things like a wig, glasses, earpiece, etc. Genda and his fellow policemen talk about stuff. Someone tries to kidnap Haruka's grandmother. Genda finds them torn to shreds, the grandmother still safe. Fang sits in a dark room watching Genda through a monitor, face shadowed.
Genda and his fellows talk about the murders and how weird they were. Haruka comes back from school that day to tell Mamoru and Igawa that tonight's mission will be dangerous, but Mamoru goes anyway because he's a badass. He beats the hell out of the punks there with little problem, but then Fang attacks and Mamoru can't see him. We later see Fang wearing some kind of gloves and he seems to be attacking from a remote location through machines. There's a lot of fighting between Mamoru and whatever it is, and at one point he even ties his sword to his hand so he won't drop it.
We see that they're basically floating machines that use their rotors and various weapons installed on them to destroy their targets. Fang seems to have a few of them. Mamoru manages to escape the room. There's a bunch of talking, Genda's guarding Haruka's grandmother, and then Haruka decides to get out of the van and go help Mamoru. then the machines attack again.
This is going to be a simple spoiler since it's basically just a long fight between Fang and Mamoru. Basically, they beat Fang, and then Edge Turus puts out a hundred billion dollar hit on Mamoru (dead or alive) and Haruka (alive). So a lot of bounty hunters come to Japan, (including Wiseman from Ch46+) to get the bounty. Mamoru puts a website online inviting them all to Shinjuku Gyoen and passes it out to someone to distribute it to the bounty hunters. And there we are.
Before you ask, yes I plan to translate chapters 11-45 during August. Hopefully all of them, but we'll see what happens. S^3 has been Editing my translations so far, but they're open for anyone to use with the magazine RAWs. I'll be translating the latest chapters so I have a solid gap to fill for when I get to translating 11-45.
#49 comes out September 7th.
In any case, let's talk about the current chapters if you've been reading them. Namely, Mamoru kicking the living hell out of the bounty hunters coming after him. Please only talk about the current chapters, they're readable without knowing what's behind the spoilers I posted above. Basically, someone put a hit on Mamoru.