Seinen - Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko | Page 39 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Aqsa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 261 Discussion / 262 Prediction Thread

God knows what Musashi is going to get into.

Looks like Kojiro got a position at a castle.

DrTopo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond 261-262 Discussion / 263 Prediction Thread

wow, I'm glad this is back on. And thanks to pocketmofo for the quick translation.

Aqsa

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks for giving us yet another great chapter.

battle angel

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru

ooo great chapter....it seems that the time of kogiro has come!!!!!!!!!!!!

barco

Reaction score
Country
Japan

Thank you so much!

Aqsa

Reaction score
Country
United States

Was 263 released this week?

Aquarius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

I don't think so. The draft sketches have been published only yesterday on Inoue's website. So it'll probably get released within a couple of days.

My bad, the chapter has been released not that long ago it seems.

Last edited:

The Adamant Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I must Admit, this is the best Seinen-Manga I've ever read.

Too bad we won't get translations for the newest Chapter anytime soon, but a good chapter nevertheless. Though the way I see things building up, it would seem that Sasaki Kojiro will work under the "Okura of Hosakawa". And if Takezo ended Accepting to work under the "Yagyuu", then even though Takezo and Sasaki have managed to build a strong friendship regardless of their impressive skills and their way of the sword, in the worst case Scenario and Even though I would hate to see it happen, they'll end up facing and Cutting each others in a battle. ---> Since most Edo lords are currently fighting to gain more territories.

Either way, I can't wait to see how the author will work things out.

Aqsa

Reaction score
Country
United States

Anybody know if this has been scanned yet?

宮本寶藏

Reaction score
Country
China

I must Admit, this is the best Seinen-Manga I've ever read.

Too bad we won't get translations for the newest Chapter anytime soon, but a good chapter nevertheless. Though the way I see things building up, it would seem that Sasaki Kojiro will work under the "Okura of Hosakawa". And if Takezo ended Accepting to work under the "Yagyuu", then even though Takezo and Sasaki have managed to build a strong friendship regardless of their impressive skills and their way of the sword, in the worst case Scenario and Even though I would hate to see it happen, they'll end up facing and Cutting each others in a battle. ---> Since most Edo lords are currently fighting to gain more territories.

Either way, I can't wait to see how the author will work things out.
I really hate to rain on your parade man... but... they.. do face each other and ended up cutting each other in battle. That's... what the story of Musashi all about. It's an actual historical event, happened in the novel and will most undoubtedly happen in this Manga.

But I understand that this may be the first time you've heard/read the story of Miyamoto Musashi. So I'm sorry for spoiling it for you. I assume that anyone who reads this Manga and is familiar with the story of Musashi knows about Ganryu Island and the outcome. We've read the great novel by Eiji Yoshikawa and even though we all know what happens in the end, yet Inoue's art/story telling still fascinates us.

The Adamant Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Canada

宮本寶藏I really hate to rain on your parade man... but... they.. do face each other and ended up cutting each other in battle. That's... what the story of Musashi all about. It's an actual historical event, happened in the novel and will most undoubtedly happen in this Manga.

But I understand that this may be the first time you've heard/read the story of Miyamoto Musashi. So I'm sorry for spoiling it for you. I assume that anyone who reads this Manga and is familiar with the story of Musashi knows about Ganryu Island and the outcome. We've read the great novel by Eiji Yoshikawa and even though we all know what happens in the end, yet Inoue's art/story telling still fascinates us.

Sigh . . . there was really no need to spoil a part of this Manga for me fellow. Next time, put the spoiled info(s) under spoiler tags... that way, the reader(s) will be warned. You might have read Eiji Yoshikawa's Novel, but I didn't and just as many others in this forum... I'd rather wanted to slowly discover that info and see it unfold on my own. Even more importantly when the Given info is so Far ahead... don't assume everyone know about Musashi's story. I'm slightly Kinda furious right now. Becarefull next time.

There's epic Stories that aren't made to be spoiled. And this is one of them.

--> But that aside, I'll agree, and it's undeniable that Inoue's work is by far one of the most fascinating story and its definitly a masterpiece.

Last edited:

DrTopo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

yeah I guess it sucks for you about the spoiler. The original book sold 120 million copies in Japan and 250 worldwide. I guess he tought everybody read it. Anyway, those two got to fight, it's pretty obvious. Even knowing that, the manga is da bomb.

Read the books or get the movie trilogy. Anyway, the manga won't be finished in 10 years.

Aqsa

Reaction score
Country
United States

Anybody have RAWs of 263 and 264 yet?

sharingan_kakashi

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

263 is out. read the online link for 262 and keep going. it will take you to 263.

Adamant Dragon. If you wanna know the story read the books. the main story would remain the same (i assume) but the side stories are different.

KaNx

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Vagabond 263-265 Discussion / 266 Prediction Thread

Chapter 263 is out, grab it at the RTS Thread here!
Get chapter 264 here and grab chapter 265 here.

Discuss and predict the next chapter here!

Last edited:

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 263-265 Discussion / 266 Prediction Thread

Pleas someone, Scanlate. I beg of thee.

Nihil

Reaction score
Country
United States

My group (Nihil Sine Nefas, we did c.262) should have c.263 out by this weekend; hopefully by Friday, since we want to try and close the Edited Manga/raw gap.

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States

Interesting Chapter.................that ghost is being a bit self righteous isnt he? I mean they DID instigate the matter. They should have left well enough alone, and further more they fought him like a bunch of thugs with no honor, they deserve what they got.

I dont see where they come off as victims. They're swordsmen, they live and die by the sword......Takezo fairly challenged and defeated Den, and defeated the eldest brother in self defense.......so once again, how does the ghost get the moral high ground here?

Nihil

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, I'm not sure if the ghost (Ueda?) is being self-righteous in the sense that Musashi was wrong to kill the Yoshioka, or if he's simply extolling on the folly of following the path of the sword in the first place. His last line is something like, "They all wished for luck like Musashi's," which can be taken as either 1) luck in the sense of being good at swordfighting or 2) luck in the sense of surviving the battle. If the former, then he's not being particularly self-righteous. After all, his last words in the actual battle were more like "why couldn't 70 of us kill him?" rather than "why is he killing us?", so it'd be strange for him to be particularly self-righteous about it. So perhaps the ghost is simply lamenting the wastefulness of the path of the sword (a pretty common theme throughout the series).

On the other hand, if he is blaming Musashi, I'd agree with you that he doesn't have much basis for doing so. But I don't think he has such a simplistic motive... well, hopefully the next chapter will shed some light on what, exactly, that is.