Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Vagabond 297 Discussion

So, what website is keeping up with vagabond? are there any english Edited Mangas out there? for 297-300?
 

Nagashiwa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

ah, there are a few volumes of this manga sold out in germany..

I wonder if I should e-mail the publisher to ask if they Re-release them.

I really wonder if I really should try this manga out (>_<)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

I think you should, Nagashiwa. If you're not sure about it, I take it you're not familiar with the mangaka's previous work "Slam Dunk" which personally I felt was also very good.

But this one, Vagabond, has got to be a masterpiece. I don't think you'll regret picking this up, if only you don't mind waiting so long for chapters to come out ^^
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond 297 Discussion

The latest Edited Manga I know is 296 by the NSN team. They did say they have the raws for 297++ and are working on them. NSN releases very good quality so I'm okay waiting.
 

Nagashiwa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

the first 2 volumes will come tomorrow!! I really hope I will enjoy this manga!!
We will see ^^
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

There's also a really cool interview with Inoue and Oda! :worship Check it out here. I thought some of you might like it. :amuse
Lol I read this interview. I didn't know Oda was such a fanboy for Inoue. I guess when Slam Dunk came out Oda was but a newcomer.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

ah but I think the chapters remain the same, the story won't be extended or anything. Just a hiatus. So the series is still nearing its end, just not too soon.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

You're probably right about him not adding any chapters, but simply delaying it because he has too. Though we can always hold out hope that while he's resting he comes up with some ideas to lengthen the story a little bit.
 

natli

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
847
Reaction score
290
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

So the series is ending... I don't know how many chapters are left but it seems there is too little space for a Musashi-Kojiro duel (which I don't want to see :P). Hope Inoue caught Oda Disease and will take three times longer to finish his manga :D
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 297 Discussion

Unfortunately, we've sort of run into a time issue which has been restricting us from completing the Edited Mangas. We are, however, still working on translations. We're hoping someone might want to work with us to get the chapter out. We'll see what happens I guess. Anyways, 297 translation:
http://nihilsinenefas.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/vagabond-translation-c-297/
We should get some more out at some point.

Edit:
We got someone to help us. I can't say what the turn around will be, but it's being worked on. Chapter 298 translation should be out soon.

Edit:
298 translation out.

Edit:
297 Edited Manga out
Big thanks goes to Vagaproject which did all the editing.
 
Last edited:

natli

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
847
Reaction score
290
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Re: Vagabond 297 Discussion

Thanks for the scan! :)

Kojiro is very popular in Karakura but he might seduce the wrong wife/widow/daughter in the castle... :D Still, the wordless conversations he's having with people around him are great. Not to mention his flashy fashion sense.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Vagabond 298 Discussion

Here's the link to the translation by Nihil Sine Nefas.

Remember be polite and respectful to other members while discussing. :)
 

natli

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
847
Reaction score
290
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Re: Vagabond 299 Discussion

So Kaede is a woman...and a Christian?! 0.o What is going on?

ps. I love how Kojiro always knows how to go for the kill XD
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: Vagabond 299 Discussion

haha, the reaction of the other guys was funny. Kojiro got KO'd by a chick(ogre chick, but still) lol
 

blake21numb

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 8, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Age
51
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 299 Discussion

That's very embarrassing a guy get bullied by a chick? Man! its so funny, even if shes not just a ordinary chick. He looks weak and funny. lol
 
Last edited:

DrTopo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
46
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond 300 Discussion

Cool, the first pages are nice.

Is there a release date for #301? Can't wait for Kojirou to prove the doubters wrong.

Thanks for the Edited Manga.


Damn, so it's been a month and no news or anything... Obviously, Vagabond is not gonna be finished this year at this rythm. I read a few times that Inoue was sick. What does he has exactly?
Is there new issues out but there's no scan for them or is Inoue just working on something else?
 
Last edited:
Top