Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond 227 Discussion Thread

well... there goes the Yoshiokas. its anti-climactic how Ueda fell, he could have at least put up some resistance. I didnt even know that was Ueda musashi had slain until this chapter. It didnt look like Ueda to me, i thought it was just some random goon geting clobbered.

Musashi should go back to that place where his girlfriend worked for where they met under the moonlight. that should be an interedting meeting.
 

MexicanHatPopCornCharlie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Re: Vagabond 227 Discussion Thread

I knew it was Ueda. I forgot where but somewhere he said to slay the strongest one first then everyone around would be in chaos. Also we can see at the start how he has grown stronger. Not because he killed in one hit but because he has grown kinder. The old Musashi would of just killed them all but this new Musashi actually didn't want to kill them. Remember how Takuan said that you've grown stronger because he was more kind? yeah thats what I got out of it.

Also his still working on his Book of Five Rings as we can see when he said he was too tense whilst fighting the remaining Yoshioka. Man this chapter made me love Vagabond even more :D

I feel like reading the novel again now hahaha.
 

Musashi_Keiji

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
27
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Vagabond 227 Discussion Thread

I also didn't notice it was Ueda that Musashi had killed until this issue. Weird though since that didnt look like much of a lethal hit to Ueda at first, but I guess he cut more into this head than it seems.

And about the book, it's true that their heir was a 12year old third brother(or cousin?), and that afterwards the Yoshioka surrendered...

I'm thinking Musashi will fight/kill a few more of the Ten Swords before the rest give up. I'm thinking that guy Yoichi being what seems to be the eldest and wisest will be the one to admit defeat and seeing it pointless to continue dying.
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond 227 Discussion Thread

Book of Five Rings? i dont recall this did I miss something? i am currently rereading the manga.... skipping some chapters that focus on Kojiro. or is that book the real history.

rereading the manga, I just realized how pure Musashi was. He never got laid once in the manga. even kojiro managed to get a girl naked in the old ladys inn, lol.



Vagabond is on break again. I guess great manga is hard to make.
 
Last edited:

Musashi_Keiji

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
27
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Vagabond 227 Discussion Thread

Book of Five Rings? i dont recall this did I miss something? i am currently rereading the manga.... skipping some chapters that focus on Kojiro. or is that book the real history.

rereading the manga, I just realized how pure Musashi was. He never got laid once in the manga. even kojiro managed to get a girl naked in the old ladys inn, lol.



Vagabond is on break again. I guess great manga is hard to make.

Not the Book of Five rings.
In the book, Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa, which Vagabond is based on.

The fact that Musashi hasn't gotten laid is what keeps him pure and devoted to the way of the sword. His mind is not clouded by thoughts of women.

Look at Matahachi he got laid and now he is a trickster drunkard paying women for sex.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

Well the latest chapter of Vagabond is out. You can find everything HERE.

Feel free to discuss this chapter and make predictions!
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

Just finished reading 228.

This is probably the best chapter Inoue has done yet in the series, and I'm not being generous here. Look at the artwork and the coordination of the chapter. It's just amazing.

I like how Inoue is able to portray Musashi as almost a superman while still making him a believable character. I don't read Japanese, but the guy who got the knife thrown into his throat had a pretty abrupt death. I expected him to do more.

Seriously, this chapter is a showcase for the entire manga. Magnificent work.
 

Musashi_Keiji

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
27
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

I wonder what Yoichi says near the end. If he fights his experience might be enough to balance out with Musashi's skill.
 

pocketmofo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

He tells everyone that rather than fighting Musashi one at at time that they should just attack him all at once in a giant mess. He tells his group to wait until Musashi is completely exhausted, however, before they do their final push.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: Vagabond 227 Discussion Thread

Vag is not on break, to my knowledge.

The fact that Musashi hasn't gotten laid is what keeps him pure and devoted to the way of the sword. His mind is not clouded by thoughts of women.
Lool. He's got his mind full of Otsu though. I'm guessing he'd be less obsessed if he got laid. Win one way, lose another.
 

gphjr14

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

i wish they would make an anime out of this or at least a movie i've seen the samurai trilogy starring toshiro mifune but those were made in the 50's i'd love to seen it redone with special effects.

but in regards to this chapt musashi is doing a good job at not staying involved with one opponent for too long
 

Musashi_Keiji

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
27
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

haha sweet so then Yoichi's experience and knowledge is gonna put Musashi into a tight situation. That chapter on how he deals with it will be very interesting.

Anybody keeping count on how many people Musashi has killed so far?
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

i wish they would make an anime out of this or at least a movie i've seen the samurai trilogy starring toshiro mifune but those were made in the 50's i'd love to seen it redone with special effects.

but in regards to this chapt musashi is doing a good job at not staying involved with one opponent for too long
I'd wanna see this turned to a movie too. that lead guy from the movie Shinobi would be a good candidate.
How do u like that old movie btw? my library has it, if its good maybe ill check it out.

man, the chapters gets better and better, prettier too. It's pretty cool how that loud guy died haha. was he one of the 10 swords? it's hard for me to read japanese.. i mean impossible.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond chapters so far.

thanks for the links. But so far, VNmanga still works. I just reached the maximum download for the day so I had to look for an alternative site.
 

gphjr14

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

theres actually 3 movies the first is where hes just escaped from sekigahara the second one he fights the yoshioka school and the third is his duel on ganryu island they're all great movies if you like the manga i recommend them

and i think joe odagiri would make a pretty good musashi. i just wish he got more screen time on the shinobi movie
 

Musashi_Keiji

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
27
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Vagabond 228 Discussion Thread

on the subject of other forms of media and movies and stuff... Has anyone seen the Japanese tv drama series "Musashi" it's fairly new from the last few years and I think it just recently ended. I've heard others talk that its really good.

Does anyone know somewhere to get it with subs?
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa

I found this book on my school library. pretty good book, I cant stop reading it. the only difference i see between the book and manga is that the book is more detailed in the story and the manga is more detailed on the feelings the characters portray and of course lots of eye candy.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Vagabond 229 Discussion Thread

Well the latest chapter of Vagabond is out. You can find everything HERE.

Feel free to discuss this chapter and make predictions!
 

jjmase03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,964
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 229 Discussion Thread

Very good chapter!
 

holmes221

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
619
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Musashi(The Epic Japanese Drama)

Now we can download it from here

It's still hot for this month as it is listed as "JAPANESE DRAMA SERIES OF THE WEEK(S)" in D-Addicts.
 
Top