Seinen - Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Aqsa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 249/250/251 Discussion Thread

Musashi's leg needs to hurry up and heal, dammit.

As for going to jail, I guess it would provide for a proper segue to Kojiro's side of the story. I'm not sure if it's a welcome one, though.

battle angel

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru

etoo and the translations??????????

Aquarius

Reaction score
Country
France

etoo and the translations??????????
Actually, it's been a while since zyndir last posted on these boards (unless he did since last time I checked).
Hope he's fine and will come back soon.

wyhon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Re: Request for volume covers?

i want all covers of Vagabond, pleaze help me, thanks

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Request for volume covers?

i want all covers of Vagabond, pleaze help me, thanks
You can find them here, together with many others.

DrTopo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Musashi's leg needs to hurry up and heal, dammit.

As for going to jail, I guess it would provide for a proper segue to Kojiro's side of the story. I'm not sure if it's a welcome one, though.
all right, let's try to figure this one out since the guys at Strays are busy (can't blaim them).

It's cool to know those dudes are policemen, I thought Musashi forgot to wipe out a few Yoshioka. At least cops won't attack. I don't requal much prison time in the book beside the initial retirement time but that must be me. Should read it a 3rd time.

so here's my impression of what's going on and some questions if anybody can read Japanese.

# 249. The story is spreading accross Japan: :Musashi defeated the Yoshiokas". We see reactions from people Musashi has fought. Who are the dudes on page 14 and 15?

# 250. Musashi realized his leg is messed up. From the drawings and from Takuan saying "Musashi can live by the sword no longer" I had the impression that Takuan himself fucked Musashi's leg so he can't stand up anymore. But at the same time, it seems like Ueda almost inflicted that injury for that purpose. Any thoughts on that?

# 251. Obviously Takuan is giving shit to Musashi for killing so many human beings but it'll be nice to have the full text translated. Any body can give us more clues on Takuan speach?

Last edited:

Aquarius

Reaction score
Country
France

all right, let's try to figure this one out since the guys at Strays are busy (can't blaim them).

It's cool to know those dudes are policemen, I thought Musashi forgot to wipe out a few Yoshioka. At least cops won't attack. I don't requal much prison time in the book beside the initial retirement time (wich Inoue didn't include in the manga).

From the drawings and from Takuan saying "Musashi can live by the sword no longer" I had the impression that Takuan himself fucked Musashi's leg so he can't stand up anymore. Any thoughts on that?
The prison time lasts one yaer in the book, I'd say it happens about midway through book 6 (on 7).
Actually this happens just after he and Muso Gonnosuke kill Baiken Shishido, Oko and Tsujikaze Baiken.
This lasts one year, but only something like one or two chapters.

ali1238

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Vagabond Edited Manga Discussion

Volume 24 HQ, yeah. If you want it fast, then help us.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, our team has been thinned considerably. So we need editors (cleaners and typesetters) and a QC. You don't need previous experience for typesetting, just a copy of Photoshop. We'll teach you all you need to know. So come help if you want Vagabond, ok?

I could help, does photoshop elements count? I have school so i might take quite some time, if i do get some sort of role in the Edited Mangas can it preferably be a small one and how are the images given to me if i do get a role (email or will i have to find it my self ect). Finally my time zone is GMT+0, i live in the UK

DrTopo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond Edited Manga Discussion

I could help too. At least for the next 3 months, I have a fair amount of time and I'd be happy to help get Vagabond out there.
I'm pretty good with Photoshop.

Musashi_Keiji

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Another Edited Manga group has scanlated 250 and 251. Its about Mid-Quality but it'll have to do if you can't wait for strays.

its up on www.onemanga.com

If you notice in 251 Musashi seems to remember Ueda attacking his leg. Almost as if to hint that Ueda purposefully cut his leg rather than attempt a death blow.

Musashi definitely won't be fighting for awhile. The next few chapters will either focus on self reflection type stuff with Musashi, Takuan, and Otsu.

Or focus on Kojiro and/or Matahachi. Although I never read the books it seems that Gonnosuke is somewhat of an important character later in the story. I'd like to see some development on him seeing as he uses a spear rather than a sword.

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru

well the novel continues about musashi and his new pupil iori (otsu thue brother)

erik-the-red

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
United States

well the novel continues about musashi and his new pupil iori (otsu thue brother)
Yeah, as I recall it, Joutarou never really reunites with Musashi as a student. Instead, he becomes part of a gang of thieves. It was gradually revealed that the person initially in charge of capturing Musashi at the very beginning of the story is Joutarou's father. His failure to apprehend Musashi led to a loss of status, but he regained it, and we see at the end that Joutarou has become an honorable samurai.

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru

well what happens with th last chapters, where're the rawsss????????

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

I think there is a break in the series, it's supposedly to be out in end May but it did not appear in the magazine. We'll keep a lookout for it, or if anyone else has the raws, please let us know too. :)

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

well what happens with th last chapters, where're the rawsss????????
I think there is a break in the series, it's supposedly to be out in end May but it did not appear in the magazine. We'll keep a lookout for it, or if anyone else has the raws, please let us know too. :)
I read it from the mangaka's website that he had been up to some big exhibition so I suppose that might be the cause for the serie's hiatus.

He wrote on the 10th July that the exhibition had been ended though, so I think we can hopefully expect for the release in the upcoming weeks (yes!) :)

EDIT:

Where to check the due of release -> http://www.e-1day.jp/morning/magazine/

It's a japanese website, I couldn't read the whole of that but from the left menu bar (happened to click on) the first topic is current issue and its below topic is the future issue. You can check at the green lists of manga contained in the single issue for バガボンド (Vagabond).

So, the next week (24th July) will still be no Vagabond for us.

EDIT2:

I pmed an answer to Tumerking's question. (it's weekly except when there're enough chapters for making a volume Inoue'll then take a break.)

Last edited:

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

I don't care how many breaks or how long he'll need to take for his other tasks because the works he's been creating have been really amazing. I will wait and wait - and will feel so pleased and excited as I am now for being acknowledged that the next chapter (ch. 252) is coming out in the next week (31st July):

http://www.e-1day.jp/morning/magazine_next/ (Top name!)

:spaz :spaz :spaz

Last edited:

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru

*sob* *sob* *sob* i'll cry!!!!!!!
first sukuran ends . later vagabong come back again good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quetz

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Imo Inoue Takehiko is undependable not because he doesn't announce when he takes his breaks, but because he takes his breaks right after each other as soon as the story gets to a good place. Actually he is one of my favorite artists, just frustrates me that he needs so many breaks. Btw, I thought Real came out yearly, I can't see it taking too much time to do a yearly chapter and do a weekly. However Kishimoto often missed his deadlines which is why he came up with unsuspected break. Maybe it's the same for him, I mean his manga coming out weekly has to be somewhat hard since it has the best art imo ever, in any manga.

So, even though he actually has an excuse (unlike Kishimoto) that still makes him undependable. Might of seemed like I came off as a jackass... that's just how I talk in rl, lol I have a tendency to curse a lot.
You sound like such a kishi fanboy in thsi post, rofl;P

gokusgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States

I thought that Inoue drew all his mangas, imagine how intense and tedious that can be for several hours on end. There's no need to be rude and brass about the updates; we all are waiting for the updates as well. We just don't know what's going on over on his end to assume he's just being lazy. That's why his work is wonderful and breathtaking every time we read a chapter... it pays to be patient. If he needs to take breaks between REAL and Vagabond he deserves it. I’m not trying to change the way anyone thinks about him because I’m sure I couldn’t persuade anyone anyhow and this post was not made to do that. I’m just throwing my two cents out there to the very cynical and overly harsh posts that were made earlier.