Info Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
LATEST VOLUME COVER:
Volume 25
​

VOLUME COVERS:
​
Volume 01

Ch 001-007
JP release date:
Nov 04, 2014
ENG release date: Aug 04, 2015​
Volume 02

Ch 008-017
JP release date:
Jan 05, 2015
ENG release date: Nov 03, 2015​
Volume 03

Ch 018-026
JP release date:
Apr 03, 2015
ENG release date: Feb 02, 2016​
Volume 04

Ch 027-035
JP release date:
Jun 04, 2015
ENG release date: May 03, 2016​
Volume 05

Ch 036-044
JP release date:
Aug 04, 2015
ENG release date: Aug 02, 2016​
Volume 06

Ch 045-053
JP release date:
Nov 04, 2015
ENG release date: Nov 01, 2016​
Volume 07

Ch 054-062
JP release date:
Feb 04, 2016
ENG release date: Feb 07, 2017​
Volume 08

Ch 063-071
JP release date:
Apr 04, 2016
ENG release date: May 02, 2017​
Volume 09

Ch 072-080
JP release date:
Jun 03, 2016
ENG release date: Aug 01, 2017​
Volume 10

Ch 081-089
JP release date:
Sep 02, 2016
ENG release date: Nov 07, 2017​
Volume 11

Ch 090-099
JP release date:
Nov 04, 2016
ENG release date: Feb 06, 2018​
Volume 12

Ch 100-108
JP release date:
Feb 03, 2017
ENG release date: Apr 03, 2018​
Volume 13

Ch 109-118
JP release date:
Apr 04, 2017
ENG release date: Jun 05, 2018​
Volume 14

Ch 119-128
JP release date:
Jun 02, 2017
ENG release date: Aug 07, 2018​
Volume 15

Ch 129-137
JP release date:
Sep 04, 2017
ENG release date: Oct 02, 2018​
Volume 16

Ch 138-147
JP release date:
Nov 02, 2017
ENG release date: Dec 04, 2018​
Volume 17

Ch 148-157
JP release date:
Feb 02, 2018
ENG release date: Feb 05, 2019​
Volume 18

Ch 158-167
JP release date:
Apr 04, 2018
ENG release date: Apr 02, 2019​
Volume 19

Ch 168-177
JP release date:
Jul 04, 2018
ENG release date: Jun 04, 2019​
Volume 20

Ch 178-188
JP release date:
Sep 04, 2018
ENG release date: Aug 06, 2019​
Volume 21

Ch 189-200
JP release date:
Dec 04, 2018
ENG release date: Oct 01, 2019​
Volume 22

Ch 201-212
JP release date:
Feb 04, 2019
ENG release date: Dec 03, 2019​
Volume 23

Ch 213-224
JP release date:
May 02, 2019
ENG release date: N/A​
Volume 24

Ch 225-235
JP release date:
Aug 02, 2019
ENG release date: N/A​

Volume 25

Ch 236-246
JP release date:
Dec 04, 2019
ENG release date:
N/A​



WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP COVERS
Issue 32, 2014
Issue 03, 2015

Issue 35, 2015
Issue 46, 2015
Issue 49, 2015
Issue 09, 2016
Issue 17, 2016
Issue 25, 2016
Issue 41, 2016
Issue 17, 2017

Issue 30, 2017

Issue 17, 2018

Issue 28, 2018

Issue 35, 2018

Issue 09, 2019

Issue 33, 2019

Issue 42, 2019

Issue 46, 2019

Issue 03, 2020

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Taka12345

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Country
United States
I am pretty disappointed that Horikoshi did not bother to give Overhaul a whole page. Even Muscular and that nameless girl got a whole page and art for themselves. That's honestly frustrating to me. The way it looks like, it seems as if Horikoshi realized that there were japanese fans on twitter looking forward to a profile of Overhaul which he didn't add and then he last minute decided to add him next to Nagant because it was the most fitting spot. I mean just look at how small that image is. Nagant is even extra big to take up even more space ._. The amount of space they are taking up kinda equals to their chapter time xD Some might argue that Overhaul's profile has more information than Muscular's or that nameless girl's but yeah... still pretty disappointing. I am sure the japanese fans I'm following will still rejoice about it because they are so kind and nice all the time.

On the contrary you could also start interpreting it in a more positive sense of course. Horikoshi purposefully put them both onto the same page because he is shipping them. I mean "Kaina"?!? Why lol Don't get me wrong, it sure has a meaning but she could have gotten a different name with a proper meaning too without her name literally having Chisaki "Kai" in it lol And then she even likes pretty and cute things. No wonder she picked up Chisaki... Chisaki's birthday is also an interesting choice. It's around the time of the Tartarus escape (Shortly before or maybe even the exact date. I think we do not have an exact date, right?). If this was a different author you could interpret it as the starting point of his new character development and change but since it's Horikoshi and we know how it ended, I don't feel like bothering to continue my interpretation... It's also the start of spring btw. underlining the character development thing but it's Horikoshi and so on and so forth... Well, I'm disappointed. His character feels completely unfinished and left in the air and now he is even a small side notice next to Nagant. Thank you Horikoshi. I honestly can't imagine how he wants to make this story feel "rewarding" to me in the end or make me feel like "I'm so glad I read this manga". To me it's currently the worst manga I have ever supported with money and time in the past 20 years.
 

NegaiFreak

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
3,729
Age
30
Country
United States
I am pretty disappointed that Horikoshi did not bother to give Overhaul a whole page. Even Muscular and that nameless girl got a whole page and art for themselves. That's honestly frustrating to me. The way it looks like, it seems as if Horikoshi realized that there were japanese fans on twitter looking forward to a profile of Overhaul which he didn't add and then he last minute decided to add him next to Nagant because it was the most fitting spot. I mean just look at how small that image is. Nagant is even extra big to take up even more space ._. The amount of space they are taking up kinda equals to their chapter time xD Some might argue that Overhaul's profile has more information than Muscular's or that nameless girl's but yeah... still pretty disappointing. I am sure the japanese fans I'm following will still rejoice about it because they are so kind and nice all the time.

On the contrary you could also start interpreting it in a more positive sense of course. Horikoshi purposefully put them both onto the same page because he is shipping them. I mean "Kaina"?!? Why lol Don't get me wrong, it sure has a meaning but she could have gotten a different name with a proper meaning too without her name literally having Chisaki "Kai" in it lol And then she even likes pretty and cute things. No wonder she picked up Chisaki... Chisaki's birthday is also an interesting choice. It's around the time of the Tartarus escape (Shortly before or maybe even the exact date. I think we do not have an exact date, right?). If this was a different author you could interpret it as the starting point of his new character development and change but since it's Horikoshi and we know how it ended, I don't feel like bothering to continue my interpretation... It's also the start of spring btw. underlining the character development thing but it's Horikoshi and so on and so forth... Well, I'm disappointed. His character feels completely unfinished and left in the air and now he is even a small side notice next to Nagant. Thank you Horikoshi. I honestly can't imagine how he wants to make this story feel "rewarding" to me in the end or make me feel like "I'm so glad I read this manga". To me it's currently the worst manga I have ever supported with money and time in the past 20 years.
Honestly, I'm still impressed with how Kohei Horikoshi has surpassed 30 volumes for this series and continues to put out content, whether good or bad in the public's eyes. And his artwork had improved greatly since the early days of MHA. You can say that it's the worst manga series you've ever read, and that's fine. That's your opinion.

But this series has been really inspirational to other people, like me. I can't imagine not having a smile on my face whenever I see new volume covers or artwork for the series. The characters, the story, the overall enormity of it... I just love it.

So by the end, I think that I will be glad to have read this series. Might not be the best, but it's pretty damn good in my eyes.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,970
Reaction score
2,637
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
I am pretty disappointed that Horikoshi did not bother to give Overhaul a whole page. Even Muscular and that nameless girl got a whole page and art for themselves. That's honestly frustrating to me. The way it looks like, it seems as if Horikoshi realized that there were japanese fans on twitter looking forward to a profile of Overhaul which he didn't add and then he last minute decided to add him next to Nagant because it was the most fitting spot. I mean just look at how small that image is. Nagant is even extra big to take up even more space ._. The amount of space they are taking up kinda equals to their chapter time xD Some might argue that Overhaul's profile has more information than Muscular's or that nameless girl's but yeah... still pretty disappointing. I am sure the japanese fans I'm following will still rejoice about it because they are so kind and nice all the time.

On the contrary you could also start interpreting it in a more positive sense of course. Horikoshi purposefully put them both onto the same page because he is shipping them. I mean "Kaina"?!? Why lol Don't get me wrong, it sure has a meaning but she could have gotten a different name with a proper meaning too without her name literally having Chisaki "Kai" in it lol And then she even likes pretty and cute things. No wonder she picked up Chisaki... Chisaki's birthday is also an interesting choice. It's around the time of the Tartarus escape (Shortly before or maybe even the exact date. I think we do not have an exact date, right?). If this was a different author you could interpret it as the starting point of his new character development and change but since it's Horikoshi and we know how it ended, I don't feel like bothering to continue my interpretation... It's also the start of spring btw. underlining the character development thing but it's Horikoshi and so on and so forth... Well, I'm disappointed. His character feels completely unfinished and left in the air and now he is even a small side notice next to Nagant. Thank you Horikoshi. I honestly can't imagine how he wants to make this story feel "rewarding" to me in the end or make me feel like "I'm so glad I read this manga". To me it's currently the worst manga I have ever supported with money and time in the past 20 years.
Thats the worst post of month. Thanks. After what Chisaki did you feel angry about Kohei not giving him profile? LOL.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
 

Taka12345

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Country
United States
You can say that it's the worst manga series you've ever read, and that's fine. That's your opinion.
Actually that is not what I wanted to express with my statement. That's why I wrote "supported with money and time" because it currently is the worst manga that I have spend so much money and time into. I bought a lot of manga that I have dropped after the first volume and some even after the first chapter. Of course those are worse than MHA but they aren't disappointing because I noticed that I disliked them at the start. The difference is that I was such a vivid fan of MHA and really loved it so much that I spend so much time and money on it and that I am now deeply disappointed in Horikoshi. It is not only because of Chisaki but also because I saw a lot of potential in the series that was heavily disappointed up to now and I don't believe that Horikoshi can still make it any better since it's already supposed to be the final act.

Honestly, I'm still impressed with how Kohei Horikoshi has surpassed 30 volumes for this series and continues to put out content, whether good or bad in the public's eyes.
Imo the world, setting and characters are theoretically allowing Horikoshi to easily reach a length of Naruto without feeling stretched but to do so he would have to use what he has created in a better way. For example:

- Horikoshi could go into much more detail regarding quirks. He could have come up with a background story and get deeper into the explanation about how they came into existence. Maybe even adding artificial quirks (Horikoshi himself even brought this up but never went deeper into it). By doing so, quirks would feel more like a part of the story and there could have been a deeper meaning to them. They are supposed to be related to the "character" of a person after all. So it would have been nice to explore the background of quirks. Right now they feel more like a means for fighting and only AFO und OFA are relevant. It would have been nice to explore the framework of quirks deeper and then put even more emphasis on AFO and OFA. Right now it's mainly just Deku doing new things with his special quirk which works completely different from the others. It'd have been better to give other characters a chance of developing their normal quirks by learning more about quirks but instead they usually just randomly appear with a new technique if at all.

- In general the whole villain framework is terrible and could lead to many interesting arcs if Horikoshi had put more effort into it. We had the small glimpse of an underground world and network existing but Horikoshi is never really going into detail nor making use of it. It would have been much more interesting to have several villain groups fighting the heroes in their own ways and not always getting imprisoned immediately. Then Horikoshi could have also put some effort into developing them. In general this could have been used to explore the dark side of hero society that Horikoshi tries to emphasize but in the end it's more like randomly adding stuff that is supposed to show the dark side of hero society instead of actually getting us really emotionally involved in a longer arc with characters and character development. There could have also been several clashes between villain groups and villain groups and heroes. It would have led to several story possibilities.

- The pro hero world and the pro hero background, characterization and development is underdeveloped. Only Allmight, Endeavor, Hawks and Aizawa got great development. There are so many other pros who did not get a background or characterization. Especially Best Jeanist is annoying to me since he is so important but at the same time we don't really know him. There might be some development in Vigilantes but this is stuff that needs to be in the main series to better understand the characters. Additionally the random death of Midnight is still quite annoying to me. She was as a character who would have also deserved more characterization and development. This does not mean that those characters need to get their own arcs but Horikoshi should have simply made arcs where the pros get highlighted alongside the students. Instead it's always the same heroes who get spotlight. It might have also been interesting to see different motivations for becoming heroes from the pros which would have influenced their actions and their influence on the students. In general the pro hero world was not really well characterized.

- The background with AFO and the creation of hero society is terribly underdeveloped and unused. There are "hero families" and of course it would have been interesting to see how they became accepted as "heroes" in the society and in general what it means to be a traditional hero family. Even the Todoroki family is not going beyond "Endeavor is a mean daddy". It would be interesting though if there are hero generations before that like the Iida family and see how they fit into society and the creation of hero society. This could have even been connected with the villain plot lines and offers plenty of room for content.

- The other schools. Why did he even invent them if he was just gonna throw them away anyways?

If Horikoshi were to use what he has, then he could easily go on to 70 volumes.

And his artwork had improved greatly since the early days of MHA.
I honestly disagree (but this is just my opinion). Most of my favorite artworks from him are from the earlier stages. For example I really like the first fantasy AU color page. I still have it at my wall and like looking at it. This does not mean that his artwork got worse though but sometimes it seems rather sloppy and sometimes it seems to be better and cleaner but I think this simply relates to his health condition and how much time he has. He probably had more time at the beginning, so there is less of the bad art there (that's my personal opinion though).


But this series has been really inspirational to other people, like me. I can't imagine not having a smile on my face whenever I see new volume covers or artwork for the series. The characters, the story, the overall enormity of it... I just love it.
That's great ^^ When I started the series I had a similar feeling. And occasionally when I reread or rewatch the beginning of MHA that feeling also comes back but then I remember what the series turns into and get depressed. Nonetheless since the feeling comes from the potential I expected the series to have, I'd really like to know what exactly you find inspirational about the series if you don't mind telling me. We can also move the discussion to the Hangout thread since it might get off-topic here but I am honestly interested in it.

So by the end, I think that I will be glad to have read this series. Might not be the best, but it's pretty damn good in my eyes.
I really hope for you that you will be satisfied. Nonetheless, of course I also would have liked to be happy and satisfied at the end. Especially when Horikoshi mentions so openly that he wants to make the fans happy. It's kinda painful...


After what Chisaki did you feel angry about Kohei not giving him profile? LOL.
I do not clearly understand your question but I think the answer is "No.". My statement started with my disappointment about the profile page and continued on with how much I am disappointed that he didn't bother developing his character in the small arc with Nagant and then I finished my statement with the fact that his character was just left unfinished like that. A profile page could have added some details to his character.
 
Last edited:

avietar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your elaborate response, Taka. It's fair to feel disappointed about unused potential that was hinted at but never acted on.

But the story isn't over yet. Hopefully Hori will bring everything together gloriously! Maybe you'll still be positively surprised :)
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

 
Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
 
Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

 
Last edited:

Dian96

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
23
Age
30
Country
Italy
I am pretty disappointed that Horikoshi did not bother to give Overhaul a whole page. Even Muscular and that nameless girl got a whole page and art for themselves. That's honestly frustrating to me. The way it looks like, it seems as if Horikoshi realized that there were japanese fans on twitter looking forward to a profile of Overhaul which he didn't add and then he last minute decided to add him next to Nagant because it was the most fitting spot. I mean just look at how small that image is. Nagant is even extra big to take up even more space ._. The amount of space they are taking up kinda equals to their chapter time xD Some might argue that Overhaul's profile has more information than Muscular's or that nameless girl's but yeah... still pretty disappointing. I am sure the japanese fans I'm following will still rejoice about it because they are so kind and nice all the time.

On the contrary you could also start interpreting it in a more positive sense of course. Horikoshi purposefully put them both onto the same page because he is shipping them. I mean "Kaina"?!? Why lol Don't get me wrong, it sure has a meaning but she could have gotten a different name with a proper meaning too without her name literally having Chisaki "Kai" in it lol And then she even likes pretty and cute things. No wonder she picked up Chisaki... Chisaki's birthday is also an interesting choice. It's around the time of the Tartarus escape (Shortly before or maybe even the exact date. I think we do not have an exact date, right?). If this was a different author you could interpret it as the starting point of his new character development and change but since it's Horikoshi and we know how it ended, I don't feel like bothering to continue my interpretation... It's also the start of spring btw. underlining the character development thing but it's Horikoshi and so on and so forth... Well, I'm disappointed. His character feels completely unfinished and left in the air and now he is even a small side notice next to Nagant. Thank you Horikoshi. I honestly can't imagine how he wants to make this story feel "rewarding" to me in the end or make me feel like "I'm so glad I read this manga". To me it's currently the worst manga I have ever supported with money and time in the past 20 years.
I think Horikoshi is still "saving" Overhaul's character. I feel like we'll have more information about him as his story evolves.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,970
Reaction score
2,637
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Two things about extras.
First - Nagant clearly older. Thats why theres stunt in her bio lol
Second - ultimately the part we are having since 306 is called 終章 not 最終章. The second has more ultimate meaning so I suspect it might turn out we are not in preultimate part of story not the last one. But this is just my thought.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,542
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
First - Nagant clearly older. Thats why theres stunt in her bio lol
Uh ?




I think Horikoshi is still "saving" Overhaul's character. I feel like we'll have
What ? How ?



Horikoshi purposefully put them both onto the same page because he is shipping them.
What ? Are you serious ?




am pretty disappointed that Horikoshi did not bother to give Overhaul a whole page. Even Muscular and that nameless girl got a whole page and art for themselves. That's honestly frustrating to me. The way it looks like, it seems as if Horikoshi realized that there were japanese fans on twitter looking forward to a profile of Overhaul which he didn't add and then he last minute decided to add him next to Nagant because it was the most fitting spot.
I don't understand where the problem would be. For real
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
My thoughts on Nagant and the Chairwoman: This actually puts the HPSC in a different light, or rather, the current HPSC administration that Hawks was in. I have to give some credit to the person who noticed the difference in the way the Chairwoman and the previous Chairman approached their agents.

The Chairwoman always acted in a no-bullshit attitude with Hawks, whereas the previous Chairman was much more manipulative. Under her administration, she was much more willing to be frank and inform Hawks the very real possibility he will have blood on his hands. It’s clear that she gave Hawks a lot of leash, especially in the way he carried out in his mission.

MHA has always had its dark moments, but it’s still very much an optimistic story at the end. From Horikoshi’s explanation, things were already changing for the better under her administration. The question is, will the HPSC continue carry out black ops missions in the future? I think they will. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Counter-intelligence operations are more often a necessity than people think.
 

cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like it
 
Top