Info Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
LATEST VOLUME COVER:
Volume 25
​

VOLUME COVERS:
​
Volume 01

Ch 001-007
JP release date:
Nov 04, 2014
ENG release date: Aug 04, 2015​
Volume 02

Ch 008-017
JP release date:
Jan 05, 2015
ENG release date: Nov 03, 2015​
Volume 03

Ch 018-026
JP release date:
Apr 03, 2015
ENG release date: Feb 02, 2016​
Volume 04

Ch 027-035
JP release date:
Jun 04, 2015
ENG release date: May 03, 2016​
Volume 05

Ch 036-044
JP release date:
Aug 04, 2015
ENG release date: Aug 02, 2016​
Volume 06

Ch 045-053
JP release date:
Nov 04, 2015
ENG release date: Nov 01, 2016​
Volume 07

Ch 054-062
JP release date:
Feb 04, 2016
ENG release date: Feb 07, 2017​
Volume 08

Ch 063-071
JP release date:
Apr 04, 2016
ENG release date: May 02, 2017​
Volume 09

Ch 072-080
JP release date:
Jun 03, 2016
ENG release date: Aug 01, 2017​
Volume 10

Ch 081-089
JP release date:
Sep 02, 2016
ENG release date: Nov 07, 2017​
Volume 11

Ch 090-099
JP release date:
Nov 04, 2016
ENG release date: Feb 06, 2018​
Volume 12

Ch 100-108
JP release date:
Feb 03, 2017
ENG release date: Apr 03, 2018​
Volume 13

Ch 109-118
JP release date:
Apr 04, 2017
ENG release date: Jun 05, 2018​
Volume 14

Ch 119-128
JP release date:
Jun 02, 2017
ENG release date: Aug 07, 2018​
Volume 15

Ch 129-137
JP release date:
Sep 04, 2017
ENG release date: Oct 02, 2018​
Volume 16

Ch 138-147
JP release date:
Nov 02, 2017
ENG release date: Dec 04, 2018​
Volume 17

Ch 148-157
JP release date:
Feb 02, 2018
ENG release date: Feb 05, 2019​
Volume 18

Ch 158-167
JP release date:
Apr 04, 2018
ENG release date: Apr 02, 2019​
Volume 19

Ch 168-177
JP release date:
Jul 04, 2018
ENG release date: Jun 04, 2019​
Volume 20

Ch 178-188
JP release date:
Sep 04, 2018
ENG release date: Aug 06, 2019​
Volume 21

Ch 189-200
JP release date:
Dec 04, 2018
ENG release date: Oct 01, 2019​
Volume 22

Ch 201-212
JP release date:
Feb 04, 2019
ENG release date: Dec 03, 2019​
Volume 23

Ch 213-224
JP release date:
May 02, 2019
ENG release date: N/A​
Volume 24

Ch 225-235
JP release date:
Aug 02, 2019
ENG release date: N/A​

Volume 25

Ch 236-246
JP release date:
Dec 04, 2019
ENG release date:
N/A​



WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP COVERS
Issue 32, 2014
Issue 03, 2015

Issue 35, 2015
Issue 46, 2015
Issue 49, 2015
Issue 09, 2016
Issue 17, 2016
Issue 25, 2016
Issue 41, 2016
Issue 17, 2017

Issue 30, 2017

Issue 17, 2018

Issue 28, 2018

Issue 35, 2018

Issue 09, 2019

Issue 33, 2019

Issue 42, 2019

Issue 46, 2019

Issue 03, 2020

 
Last edited by a moderator:

NegaiFreak

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
3,729
Age
30
Country
United States
I swear, this new cover feels like something I've seen from Spider-Man. Any ideas on the inspiration for this beautiful piece of work?
 

nectar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
788
Reaction score
877
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like the white BG contrast and dark Deku looming over.

Also offset logo, that’s new (nice)
Yeah, I really like the offset logo. Really helps focus your eyes on Deku.
 

Chocolatejr9

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Messages
697
Reaction score
884
Age
27
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Why does the Izuku-Ochako one look like a wedding photo to me?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Man, I don’t know how much more blatant Horikoshi can get with Deku-Ochako. It really shows how important she is to him. She’s someone he can lean on and take comfort in when he’s truly exhausted all of his energy. You can bet your damn couch she’ll be the one he’ll collapse on once the big battle’s over.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,638
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Man, I don’t know how much more blatant Horikoshi can get with Deku-Ochako. It really shows how important she is to him. She’s someone he can lean on and take comfort in when he’s truly exhausted all of his energy. You can bet your damn couch she’ll be the one he’ll collapse on once the big battle’s over.
Some actual development in manga wouldnt hurt lol. I am sorry Newkerzy but no amount of cute art can compensate that. Especially after 339.

So Kohei does know about Tarot. Good. It makes one of my personal thoughts have more base.
Only Iida and Ochako once like that though. Bakugou is normal one but I think I have seen Tarot stylized art with two. I might be wrong though.
Ochako one - remember how exhibition art went for shippers and chill a bit people lol. I dont see anything that would reminds of classic Lovers from Tarot composition. Its good old Pieta again. Her gesture either means "keep quiet" or "keep a secret"
Iida - the most interesting thing is hands in the upper part. I have already said but let me remind again that Deku hasnt really taken Iida hand. He just let it to be held.
Bakugou one is just normal lol.
Poor Todoroki though :derp
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
Some actual development in manga wouldnt hurt lol. I am sorry Newkerzy but no amount of cute art can compensate that. Especially after 339.

So Kohei does know about Tarot. Good. It makes one of my personal thoughts have more base.
Only Iida and Ochako once like that though. Bakugou is normal one but I think I have seen Tarot stylized art with two. I might be wrong though.
Ochako one - remember how exhibition art went for shippers and chill a bit people lol. I dont see anything that would reminds of classic Lovers from Tarot composition. Its good old Pieta again. Her gesture either means "keep quiet" or "keep a secret"
Iida - the most interesting thing is hands in the upper part. I have already said but let me remind again that Deku hasnt really taken Iida hand. He just let it to be held.
Bakugou one is just normal lol.
Poor Todoroki though
And I'm pretty sure Uraraka's posture is supposed to just more blatantly reflect a more "motherly" or "tender" disposition as opposed to anything malevolent.

And yeah, I also want more development for them other than cute art. It seems like Deku and Uraraka should have some sort of discussion at some point, but there hasn't been any character focus that has furthered the relationship between the two after what happened. TBH, same is also true for Iida and Deku. Bakugo and Deku are the only two that have had a pretty decent talk after their big moment in the Deku retrieval arc which was actually in relation to what happened. Iida and Deku bro out a bit, but they haven't really talked much beside chatting about wanting to win, and Uraraka and Deku haven't talked about what Uraraka did for Deku at all.
 
Last edited:

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,638
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
And I'm pretty sure Urarak's posture is supposed to just more blatantly reflect a more "motherly" or "tender" disposition as opposed to anything malevolent.
Of course. Once again its Pieta
Bakugo and Deku are the only two that have had a pretty decent talk after their big moment in the Deku retrieval arc which was actually in relation to what happened.
But they didnt...
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
And I'm pretty sure Urarak's posture is supposed to just more blatantly reflect a more "motherly" or "tender" disposition as opposed to anything malevolent.

And yeah, I also want more development for them other than cute art. It seems like Deku and Uraraka should have some sort of discussion at some point, but there hasn't been any character focus that has furthered the relationship between the two after what happened. TBH, same is also true for Iida and Deku. Bakugo and Deku are the only two that have had a pretty decent talk after their big moment in the Deku retrieval arc which was actually in relation to what happened. Iida and Deku bro out a bit, but they haven't really talked much beside chatting about wanting to win, and Uraraka and Deku haven't talked about what Uraraka did for Deku at all.
Trust me, it’s frustrating to see Horikoshi putting it off. If there is one typical shonen trope that I’d like him to subvert, it’s the author’s ship finally make themselves canon before the showdown with the big bad. Whatever it is, I am hoping a serious talk between them will happen, preferably before the final battle so we can get it out of the way first.

I almost forgot, I’m super curious to see how the vestiges react or what their opinions are regarding Deku’s personal relationships.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,638
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
One thing is if theres actually real card two illustrations based on I would say Ochako one is the Moon. I think its no use try to search similar composition but ornament in background is of crescent moon
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Last edited:

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
But they didnt...
They did at the beginning of 327, which pretty much set up how they'll be interacting with each other going forward.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Trust me, it’s frustrating to see Horikoshi putting it off. If there is one typical shonen trope that I’d like him to subvert, it’s the author’s ship finally make themselves canon before the showdown with the big bad. Whatever it is, I am hoping a serious talk between them will happen, preferably before the final battle so we can get it out of the way first.

I almost forgot, I’m super curious to see how the vestiges react or what their opinions are regarding Deku’s personal relationships.
Yeah, thats not happening bros. We going for the cliche, "I think I like you too" in the final battle, just before, during, or just after the final battle.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
They did at the beginning of 327, which pretty much set up how they'll be interacting with each other going forward.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yeah, thats not happening bros. We going for the cliche, "I think I like you too" in the final battle, just before, during, or just after the final battle.
Sad but true. I’d still prefer it if they could at least talk it out before they begin the Operation. I could see Aizawa giving the kids a day off to spend time with their families and maybe even discreetly advise them to make use of whatever precious time they have left with each other so they won’t have any regrets.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
Sad but true. I’d still prefer it if they could at least talk it out before they begin the Operation. I could see Aizawa giving the kids a day off to spend time with their families and maybe even discreetly advise them to make use of whatever precious time they have left with each other so they won’t have any regrets.
Yeah, that would be nice, but I don't think thats going to happen sadly. I would like if we had more character moments for the students which individually focused on whats important to them, but I'm not confident. These last two chapters have been good in that sense, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to do that with all the major characters in the class.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, that would be nice, but I don't think thats going to happen sadly. I would like if we had more character moments for the students which individually focused on whats important to them, but I'm not confident. These last two chapters have been good in that sense, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to do that with all the major characters in the class.
I feel like there’s no better time to do that right now. If he’s going to end the series, he might as well do this first before diving into the final battle.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
I feel like there’s no better time to do that right now. If he’s going to end the series, he might as well do this first before diving into the final battle.
This isn't really in relation to the volume cover, so we could probably move this somewhere else, but I do feel like it would be worth exploring the different thoughts of the characters going into the final battle. They may share goals, but they should all have different personal reasonings and motivations that can be easily explored.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
This isn't really in relation to the volume cover, so we could probably move this somewhere else, but I do feel like it would be worth exploring the different thoughts of the characters going into the final battle. They may share goals, but they should all have different personal reasonings and motivations that can be easily explored.
Yes, that’s what I’m personally hoping for. There’s a lot to unpack from the kids’ thoughts, from the whole situation, their families and each other. It doesn’t have to be necessarily focused on romance (although it’s getting harder to deny what Deku has with Ochako).
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
Yes, that’s what I’m personally hoping for. There’s a lot to unpack from the kids’ thoughts, from the whole situation, their families and each other. It doesn’t have to be necessarily focused on romance (although it’s getting harder to deny what Deku has with Ochako).
Yeah. They've focused on Aisawa and Aoyama a lot in 340 which I really liked. I'd like more of that going forward.
 
Top