Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,823
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well, she isn't so popular so they aren't that much pics of her :kappa
She still made it further than Erina who is popular and has more art than her ;)
Just wait until next year after she's been in the anime, then there will be even more art. The world will be a better place then.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
She still made it further than Erina who is popular and has more art than her ;)
Just wait until next year after she's been in the anime, then there will be even more art. The world will be a better place then.
I will wait;)
Who is Erina btw ?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Ok this is something I am genuinely curious about. When I search for Holo pics on google, why do I get a picture of the foxy girl wearing a red hat that says "Make America great again?" O.O

I would have clicked the link but am legit scared for my computer if I do. Honestly I could make a lot of jokes with this picture (like # Lucy4waifupresident) but I do not want my account hacked by some overzealous political person.

I guess I have to make this post more waifu wars appropriate to not get deleted by so many mods here.

Uh....?????

Team Blondes all the way?! (+.+)

Winry _ Saber _ Lucy _ Historia_ Jeanne D (^_^)

Even tho Erina was lost....

I just realized nobody nominated Bishamonten from Noragami (-.-)
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Ya know Ati there a saying whatever you point at someone with finger three fingers are pointing at you :nerd
I like that Saying.:verily
*Copy Pastes it into a Word Document for Future Reference.*
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yea, I don't think people are actually hating on FT. It's just a dislike for the series and/or how fans can carry on.

I mean, you cannot hate in 2D.

Unless it's Hinata.

:pjsalt:pjsalt

What happened to your bribing skills @Brandish ? :arf:handgun
When you beat the reigning champ you don't think to go all out against a scrub.

:pjsalt:pjsalt
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
why do people hate hinata so much can somebody explain the hatred for hinata even in other forums I see lots of hinata hate ?
well hiro's story end is crap but his beginning and middle parts of his manga were good and solid.
As for hiro's girls they were top notch waifu material :hmph which is what his poll is all about

but i'm asking to get road killed here for having said the above sentence
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
why do people hate hinata so much can somebody explain the hatred for hinata even in other forums I see lots of hinata hate ?
Because Hinata contributed nothing to Naruto story. Absolutely nothing.

She's just this meek shy subservient girl who got tossed into the love interest role. Once upon a time there was an attempt by Kishimoto to give her a character arc but nothing ever came of it. She never actually blossomed into any kind of interesting character. She's just the least independent or intimidating female character in the series. She's like the avatar of mangaka misogyny to me.

Her only real accomplishment is that she's better than Sakura. Which is not really an accomplishment at all.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,329
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
why do people hate hinata so much can somebody explain the hatred for hinata even in other forums I see lots of hinata hate ?
well hiro's story end is crap but his beginning and middle parts of his manga were good and solid.
As for hiro's girls they were top notch waifu material :hmph which is what his poll is all about

but i'm asking to get road killed here for having said the above sentence
Because she doesn't even meet the basic requirements to be called a character. She is a soul less blank devoid of a personality.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,414
Gender
Male
Country
France
why do people hate hinata so much can somebody explain the hatred for hinata even in other forums I see lots of hinata hate ?
well hiro's story end is crap but his beginning and middle parts of his manga were good and solid.
As for hiro's girls they were top notch waifu material :hmph which is what his poll is all about

but i'm asking to get road killed here for having said the above sentence
I can think of many reasons and I am not even that invested in Naruto:
  1. Naruto x Sakura shippers.
  2. Naruto x Sasuke shippers.
  3. Bland(subjective I know and I personally find many female characters are like that in Naruto).
  4. Romance badly written(again I think it's the case for many of the romance in this series).
  5. Neji died for her win! :scry
She has lot of haters but also lot of lovers. If Kishimoto had written certain things better she would probably be less hated.

In Boruto I find female characters much better than in the prequel in general. Sarada was cool in her gaiden, Chouchou is fun, Sumire and Hanabi are great(Hinata sucks in comparison). In Naruto I was indifferent to pretty much everyone.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,662
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom


You are shit at losing, you know that?


Can you please provide some evidence - in form of MH panels/posts - showing that people voted against Bridget, because they just wanted to support me? There are none. You are heavily overestimating my range of influence here. Most people don't even know who I am, so why would they support me? Are you implying that they are brainless idiots who would jump off a building just because a stranger told them so? That's not cool man, that's insulting. You not only overestimate my influence, you also look down at everyone who contributes to this event, but just happens to not vote for Bridget. That's very low of you.


Let's brake it down:

  • @Brandish posted before I did. His vote had nothing to do with me. Moreover, he supported his vote with fair points whether you like it or not. There is no mention of him supporting my person. (LINK)
  • @Gallon also posted before I did. Again, my humble self wasn't mentioned in any way, shape or form in his post. (LINK)
  • @Sky voted Yui, because she is "HNG", not because I campaigned against you. (LINK)
  • @Asorx' post doesn't indicate any affiliation with me whatsoever. (LINK)
  • @Lambu didn't even state for whom he/she voted. It appears that Yui got the vote, but again, there is no connection between his/her post and my campaign. (LINK)
  • @Demonspeed voted Yui, because he knows and likes her. That's hardly my fault. (LINK)
  • @natsulucy just went with the flow. A common human trait, not my doing unless you consider me a god. (LINK)
  • @GrySun voted for the character he/she considers waifu material. Where did GrySun pledge his/her allegiance to my campaign? (LINK)
  • @Zasz' vote may seem questionable as he doesn't know Yui, but I have nothing but praise for his on point perception. Either way, you can clearly deduce from his post that he is following his heart, not a campaign of some stranger. (LINK)



So, before you make false accusations, you would be well advised to revise your knowledge of human nature, and watch/read proper mangas as well as animes with high quality waifus.


Not that it will help you to win against my waifu, but it may help you against other ones. Unfortunately for you, my waifu will be always so far ahead of yours that even if your waifu would be able to reach the end of the universe, all she will be surrounded with is the matter of defeat.


I'm actually really happy for you, believe it or not.
wow syx, you're something else with all these gifs and passion to go full-on elaborate for a joke. Interesting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
I can think of many reasons and I am not even that invested in Naruto:
  1. Naruto x Sakura shippers.
  2. Naruto x Sasuke shippers.
  3. Bland(subjective I know and I personally find many female characters are like that in Naruto).
  4. Romance badly written(again I think it's the case for many of the romance in this series).
  5. Neji died for her win! :scry
She has lot of haters but also lot of lovers. If Kishimoto had written certain things better she would probably be less hated.

In Boruto I find female characters much better than in the prequel in general. Sarada was cool in her gaiden, Chouchou is fun, Sumire and Hanabi are great(Hinata sucks in comparison). In Naruto I was indifferent to pretty much everyone.
Dunno why, but i can't stop comparing Hinata and Mikasa:oh
Maybe because they always cry a specific person's name ?:teehee
 
Top