Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Too bad A-1 kinda fucked with the quality. The Manga art for SnS is so much better than the Anime art..
No. Sure the manga art is great, but the anime art was great too. Especially in season 1 it looked fantastic and their choices for music and voices were pretty much perfect as well.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Dunno why, but I am starting to like this hare and saltiness of the Waifu War:fan
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
  • Naruto x Sakura shippers.
  • Naruto x Sasuke shippers.
  • Bland(subjective I know and I personally find many female characters are like that in Naruto).
  • Romance badly written(again I think it's the case for many of the romance in this series).
  • Neji died for her win! :scry
Damn, I meet, like, 3.5 of those reasons.

Sakura is the absolute worst, but those two at least had some form of foundation for a relationship.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's funny how Lola had 27 votes against Erza, whereas Milly's subpar waifu had 15 against Yui.
Hilarious, isn't it, @M3J? :lmao
Only because people voted against her because of me. Lola lost because Lola sucks. gfy


You are shit at losing, you know that?


Can you please provide some evidence - in form of MH panels/posts - showing that people voted against Bridget, because they just wanted to support me? There are none. You are heavily overestimating my range of influence here. Most people don't even know who I am, so why would they support me? Are you implying that they are brainless idiots who would jump off a building just because a stranger told them so? That's not cool man, that's insulting. You not only overestimate my influence, you also look down at everyone who contributes to this event, but just happens to not vote for Bridget. That's very low of you.


Let's brake it down:

  • @Brandish posted before I did. His vote had nothing to do with me. Moreover, he supported his vote with fair points whether you like it or not. There is no mention of him supporting my person. (LINK)
  • @Gallon also posted before I did. Again, my humble self wasn't mentioned in any way, shape or form in his post. (LINK)
  • @Sky voted Yui, because she is "HNG", not because I campaigned against you. (LINK)
  • @Asorx' post doesn't indicate any affiliation with me whatsoever. (LINK)
  • @Lambu didn't even state for whom he/she voted. It appears that Yui got the vote, but again, there is no connection between his/her post and my campaign. (LINK)
  • @Demonspeed voted Yui, because he knows and likes her. That's hardly my fault. (LINK)
  • @natsulucy just went with the flow. A common human trait, not my doing unless you consider me a god. (LINK)
  • @GrySun voted for the character he/she considers waifu material. Where did GrySun pledge his/her allegiance to my campaign? (LINK)
  • @Zasz' vote may seem questionable as he doesn't know Yui, but I have nothing but praise for his on point perception. Either way, you can clearly deduce from his post that he is following his heart, not a campaign of some stranger. (LINK)



So, before you make false accusations, you would be well advised to revise your knowledge of human nature, and watch/read proper mangas as well as animes with high quality waifus.


Not that it will help you to win against my waifu, but it may help you against other ones. Unfortunately for you, my waifu will be always so far ahead of yours that even if your waifu would be able to reach the end of the universe, all she will be surrounded with is the matter of defeat.


I'm actually really happy for you, believe it or not.
just stating the facts here, I am. Proof exists, if you didn't edit or delete it. Can't be assed because you're too full of shit, you shitty mosshead
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Her only real accomplishment is that she's better than Sakura. Which is not really an accomplishment at all.
I mean, I would argue that this isn't even the case really, and I'm not really a fan of Sakura either. :lmao
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,858
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, I would argue that this isn't even the case really, and I'm not really a fan of Sakura either. :lmao
Lord knows I was the last living Sakura defender/apologist, and I would still argue that Sakura had more potential that Hinata ever did, but where her story goes in the later half of Naruto is completely indefensible. I've tried and I just don't think it can't be done.

Hinata's character at least makes sense. Her role is to drive a badly written and underdeveloped romance subplot with a misogynistic lean to it.

Sakura's character development is so very offensive. The latter half of her "romance" subplot with Sasuke, if you can even call it that, is downright horrific. The level of turning a character into a doormat he goes to is actually astonishing and even a little disturbing.

They were both victims of Kishimoto's tendency to make men the life defining factor for his female characters. But Sakura's character arc has most dreadful thing I've ever seen. Hinata's is just normal bad.

-------------------------

Anyway Hinata sucks and she should have never beaten Juvia:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt

Just the thought of her beating Erza too....

​
You guys are better than that...I mean, aren't you?
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Difficult round this was.Most of my favourite characters faced each other.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Sakura's character development, if you can even call it that, is so very offensive. The latter half of her "romance" subplot with Sasuke, if you can even call it that, is downright horrific
No disagreement really, I just don't think Sakura was as solely-defined by Sasuke as Hinata was by Naruto. That being said - weird, stalker-y behavior aside, the latter at least had potential to be a healthy relationship, as boring as it was/is.

Sakura had similar motivations as Naruto did when it came to Sasuke, where it all went wrong is Kishimoto deciding to pair off literally everyone in the manga with someone, even if it made no sense, had little foreshadowing, or really added nothing to the conclusion. And of course we now can see that it was almost certainly for the sake of continuing the story and nothing else.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not trying to be an idiot and bring up a pairing convo by myself after fearing it earlier though :ninja
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
just stating the facts here, I am. Proof exists, if you didn't edit or delete it. Can't be assed because you're too full of shit, you shitty mosshead
This post deserves more likes!



If syx's Jeanne avi has annoyed you even one time up until this point, you should at least vote against Jeanne here to protest :rolleyes:
Consider the following, and this is also a shout out to anyone who hasn't voted for Yui yet:

If Yui loses, I have no reason to keep my Yui set anymore. I may even find a more disturbing set than the Jeanne set before. ò.ó
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Isn't Sky syx's master though? :hmm

...Oh...I see how it is... :hurr
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't need to, I have enough bribery and support on my side, unlike you. :cheez
At least I support her myself, I'm not pulling out a WYIS unlike you :cheez
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
All is fair in love and war.

@WithYouInSpirit You hear those words coming out from the mouth of your kouhai? :heh
A sensei must hear and understand the remarks of his kouhai, did you forget ?:notsure
This war changed you :nah
 
Top