Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Public service announcement regarding Rindou:

Vote for Rindou, the best Redhead in the waifu wars!
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sorry, but Best Readhead doesn't mean best waifu :kappa
I mean, Rindou's better than the FT trash right? :kappa Lucy ain't much of a waifu and then you have Erza who has more balls than her man Jellal, not very waifulike at all. When it comes down to it, Rindou is fun loving, a great cook, and she has the oppai to satisfy, not to mention a great sense of adventure and who knows what that could have you two ending up doing :kappa
Vote Rindou to avenge Saeko's horrid and unjust defeat last round, together we can avenge her!
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Which section do you take care of again. :kappa
Just because I take care of the FT section doesn't mean I'm bound to have shit taste. Like @DiMaria Yesta I ignored FT and nominated someone from a finer, better quality manga where there are no asspulls and better fanservice. I'll make the point that I didn't nominate a FT girl last year either.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I mean, Rindou's better than the FT trash right? :kappa Lucy ain't much of a waifu and then you have Erza who has more balls than her man Jellal, not very waifulike at all. When it comes down to it, Rindou is fun loving, a great cook, and she has the oppai to satisfy, not to mention a great sense of adventure and who knows what that could have you two ending up doing :kappa
Vote Rindou to avenge Saeko's horrid and unjust defeat last round, together we can avenge her!
Jellal is a pussy who needs a woman with more balls in order to do something. If he isn't Erza's bitch he's Ultear's. Nothing wrong with a strong woman who doesn't need gender steroetypes to be considered a good wife. As long as she loves her partner and will do anything for that person but isn't a doormat, to me that is wife material.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How can you not mention THE absolute territory?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Just because I take care of the FT section doesn't mean I'm bound to have shit taste. Like @DiMaria Yesta I ignored FT and nominated someone from a finer, better quality manga where there are no asspulls and better fanservice. I'll make the point that I didn't nominate a FT girl last year either.
Demotion incoming in 3...
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,973
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Just because I take care of the FT section doesn't mean I'm bound to have shit taste. Like @DiMaria Yesta I ignored FT and nominated someone from a finer, better quality manga where there are no asspulls and better fanservice. I'll make the point that I didn't nominate a FT girl last year either.
:awe Ano...sumimasen... You make it sound like I ever said that to you somewhere via PM or something.. No Sam, I didn't say that at all, never. It's just that me being FT mod doesn't always mean I have to nominate a FT waifu. Just that... :shock :awe
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Demotion incoming in 3...
Demoted from the FT board? Not sure if that's good or bad /s

:awe Ano...sumimasen... You make it sound like I ever said that to you somewhere via PM or something.. No Sam, I didn't say that at all, never. It's just that me being FT mod doesn't always mean I have to nominate a FT waifu. Just that... :shock :awe
I know you didn't say it. I was just using you as an example of choosing someone who isn't from the story of the board we moderate.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@syx
syx said:
I must admit, the lack of @WithYouInSpirit's presence here - mind you, not even a single post from his side - is a pure disappointment, and makes me regret my decision to vote for Winry. I hope there is a legit reason behind this. Otherwise, I would feel deeply ashamed towards @Takuan, I actually am/would be nonetheless. This guy made an epic entrance out of nowhere, winning me over like a boss. I wish I could punch the past syx in the face for his hasty vote.

May the gods punish, and Takuan forgive me, so that my humble self can walk the path of redemption, and atone for his sin.

:pout
The legit reason can be found here
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I did. Twas a pleasant escape from the Interwebs and I need to give Winry some space to do her own thing once in a while. Don't want to get wrenched, after all...
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,973
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Another good thing we can get from Waifu Wars (beside attracting new users) is sharing information. Some don't know who this waifu is and what series she is from, but some will campaign her and recommend the anime to those who don't know. This event is a place where various fandoms gather.

Also I think Holo is growing on me, somehow. Have never watched the anime, I might someday.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
@DiMaria Yesta Agree, this event is encouraging me to dive a little further into Fate series, I forgot about it for a while. Its also instigating me to rewatch lots of anime series.
Spice&Wolf is one of those hidden jewels of anime, I would recommend it to anyone. :amuse
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ohhhh I recalled round 1 when my waifu faced Holo and I thought "dafuck is this chick and this serie? Prolly someone no one else knows just like mine, I might have a chance". Then I became the first member of the ISHBL ('I should have brought lube') clan.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Waifu wars have given me new suggestions for new Animes.I have got both Seasons of Spice & Wolf.
 
Top