Match - Weekly Match-up thread (Kintarou vs Oni) | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Weekly Match-up thread (Kintarou vs Oni)

Who wins?

• Kintarou

• Oni

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes on May 27, 2024.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
To be fair. Duke knows the trick. He has seen the bottle cap trick. If Sedah gets Rainbow Aura, then the match up is post Finals.
We don't know if Duke is skilled enough to pull it off, though. Everyone was surprised when Tanegashima did it and he has a 6 in Tec + has an absurd touch that lets him hit Mu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ROUND IS OVER

Duke Watanabe

32nd Round:

It was suggested to have rematches of the G-10 challenge, and since D2 just finished let's strike while the iron is hot:

Picture
NameTooyama KintarouOni Juujirou
TitleHero of JusticeThe Gatekeeper from Hell
RankNo. 6 (Mser Year 1)No. 5 (Yser Year 3))
Height153 cm187 cm
Weight53 kg83 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAll RounderAll Rounder
Stat Total22?
Speed4?
Power510
Stamina5?
Mental4?
Technique4?
Techniques / StylesSuper Ultra Great Delicious Mountain Storm
Super Megaton Deluxe Volcano Serve
Tenimuhou no Kiwami
Evolved Radiance of Confidence (not listed)
Black Jack Knife
10 Ball Strike
Ki Jin (not listed)
Teni Muhou no Kiwami
Golden Jack Knife (not listed)

Kin's 10.5 profile is here.

Kin's tenipuri party profile.

Oni's 10.5 profile.

Oni's 23.5 profile.

Oni's Tenipuri Party profile.

Poll will be up on Wednesday. I will update this post if I've missed anything.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Wonder if Ochi being revealed as the former 4th rank is why he's winning

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I am not sure Sanada can return 60% Mach too. Especially if Ochi make it 80% Mach at least.

BTW, quick question

Ochi cannot use 100% Mach every service game.

But he can use 60% Mach every service game????
Nope, no idea. But it's one of the few explanations as to why he can use Mach Smash every game.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Anyways, Ochi will have the benefit of playing in the finals. So, we will even see even more gap between him and Sanada.

Warp and 100% Mach. Scary.

Ochi will need some other arsenal though against Silva and Julio.

As of the moment. I have Ochi barely edging Sanada though.

Maybe next match, let's go out of Japan.

Ludovic VS Siegfried

Osval VS Frankensteiner

Tezuka VS Zeus

Romeo VS Ralph

Dorgias VS Albert

Something like those. Lol

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
ROUND IS OVER

Ochi Tsukimitsu

21st Round:

Going with Math's suggestion. Bismarck was better than Tanegashima before the Ultimate Void. Is he also better than Duke?

Picture
NameBismarck MichaelDuke Watanabe
TitleMr. TiebreakThe Destroyer
RankGermany's Vice-captain (HSer Year 3)No. 3 (HSer Year 3)
Height189cm192 cm
Weight77 kg88 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAggressive baselinerAggressive Baseliner
Stat Total?27
Speed?5
Power?7
Stamina?5
Mental?5
Technique?5
Techniques / StylesSpinless Swayball
Blur Ball Kick Serve (not listed)
Duke Homerun
Play Ball!
Duke Bunt
Destruction (not listed)
Duke Buster (not listed)
Ki Jin (not listed)

Duke's 10.5 profile.

Duke's 23.5 profile.

Duke's tenipuri party profile.

Bismarck's 23.5 profile

Will add a poll on Wednesday.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes. Bismarck is better.

Bismarck didn't not even use a special move to counter Duke Homerun.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Gotta go with Bismarck he scored 5 games by himself vs Duke and Fuji. I don't think his Kijin makes up for it.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Bismarck is actually one of the strongest players without any gimmick, auras, or kijins.

Just Pure Base Tennis.

So Duke's Kijin will be a problem.

Without Kijin, Bismarck takes this easily.

But Bismarck will need to handle Duke's Buddha Kijin with Duke Homerun and Buster.

Bismarck could probably use Spinless sway to seal those moves.

On the other hand,

There is no way Duke can return Bismarck's Kick Serve. Tanegashima is a tier ahead of Duke in terms of defending including defending special serves. But even Tane can't return it 2 or 3 times in a row.

I always wanted to ask this.

How does Bismarck's Perception Works?

How the hell can he return void and invisible ball? His perception can felt where it is?

HOWEVER,

Will perception even a factor against Duke who used Direct Kijin and Power than Trickery?.🤔

PS: I still go with Bismarck due to portrayal.

ROUND IS OVER

Ochi Tsukimitsu

21st Round:

Going with Math's suggestion. Bismarck was better than Tanegashima before the Ultimate Void. Is he also better than Duke?

Picture
NameBismarck MichaelDuke Watanabe
TitleMr. TiebreakThe Destroyer
RankGermany's Vice-captain (HSer Year 3)No. 3 (HSer Year 3)
Height189cm192 cm
Weight77 kg88 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAggressive baselinerAggressive Baseliner
Stat Total?27
Speed?5
Power?7
Stamina?5
Mental?5
Technique?5
Techniques / StylesSpinless Swayball
Blur Ball Kick Serve (not listed)
Duke Homerun
Play Ball!
Duke Bunt
Destruction (not listed)
Duke Buster (not listed)
Ki Jin (not listed)

Duke's 10.5 profile.

Duke's 23.5 profile.

Duke's tenipuri party profile.

Bismarck's 23.5 profile

Will add a poll on Wednesday.
Wow. I didn't know Bismarck and Duke have the same playstyle. Lmao.

Aggressive Baseliner????

Anyways, We all know All Around are the best playstyle. And the playstyle of the best players
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gotta go with Bismarck he scored 5 games by himself vs Duke and Fuji. I don't think his Kijin makes up for it.
Yes. That kinda Made Duke and Fuji bad.

Because Bismarck was soloing them.

One can argue that Duke and Fuji are not playing at their full strength though. But still.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Bismarck is actually one of the strongest players without any gimmick, auras, or kijins.

Just Pure Base Tennis.

So Duke's Kijin will be a problem.

Without Kijin, Bismarck takes this easily.

But Bismarck will need to handle Duke's Buddha Kijin with Duke Homerun and Buster.

Bismarck could probably use Spinless sway to seal those moves.

On the other hand,

There is no way Duke can return Bismarck's Kick Serve. Tanegashima is a tier ahead of Duke in terms of defending including defending special serves. But even Tane can't return it 2 or 3 times in a row.

How the hell can he return void and invisible ball? His perception can felt where it is?

HOWEVER,

Will perception even a factor against Duke who used Direct Kijin and Power than Trickery?.🤔

Aggressive Baseliner????

Anyways, We all know All Around are the best playstyle. And the playstyle of the best players

One can argue that Duke and Fuji are not playing at their full strength though. But still.
Or how good Bismarck is

chikkychappy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Bismarck based on vibes

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I feel like sometimes we are biased against Power Players.

Whenever it is a battle between Skilled/Tricky Player VS a Power Player.

We always side with Skilled/Tricky Player.

One good example is

Peter VS Albert in Switzerland.

Most posters agree tricky/skilled Peter is a better player than a power player in Albert.

Having said all of that,

Yes, Tricky/Skilled Players will always have some tricks to neutralize power of power players. Given, that players are in same tier.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yes. Bismarck is better.

Bismarck didn't not even use a special move to counter Duke Homerun.
He did. He used the Spinless Swayball so that Duke wouldn't be able to activate the Homerun through the SSS.

By negating it altogether he doesn't need to develop a gameplay against it like Tokugawa did, making Duke Bunt's threat much less significant (and with that, the Buster).

HOWEVER,

Aggressive Baseliner????

At some point the Japanese players started returning Bismarck's serves since we saw them play those points, so the serve isn't infallible. But yeah he always managed to keep his service games, one way or the other.

Bismarck's profile says his defense is just that good and he can "return any ball". The dives he made to return Duke Bunt and Void make me think his play-style is kind of like Akutsu's and he can score from pretty much any angle (but instead of being a raw prospect he has a ton of experience and, added to his perception, allows him to make quick judgement on an elite level). He never returned an invisible ball, though, did he?

To me the match up relies on Duke's Ki jin being as good as Tanegashima's Ultimate Void or not, with the extra possibility that Bismarck can die if he lets his guard down (though, as I addressed, Spinless Swayball should lower the odds of this happening marginally).

All rounder =/= best, it's just different styles. Konomi fell into that trap in OG PoT and made almost every high tier player an All Rounder. But he sort of fixed that in NPoT (Bismarck is an AB, Ralph is a Counter Puncher, Amadeus is a Nadal clone and has his height, weight, preferred hand and style, etc).

It's kinda funny since Bismarck winning 4 games playing doubles alone made no sense in the first place, then in his very next match the same happens and we are explained how those points are instant Ls.

I feel like sometimes we are biased against Power Players.

Whenever it is a battle between Skilled/Tricky Player VS a Power Player.

We always side with Skilled/Tricky Player.

One good example is

Peter VS Albert in Switzerland.

Most posters agree tricky/skilled Peter is a better player than a power player in Albert.

Having said all of that,

Yes, Tricky/Skilled Players will always have some tricks to neutralize power of power players. Given, that players are in same tier.
I think Konomi often has trouble showing what such a difference in Power can make, and nowadays just kills people to do so. We don't get many Power vs not Power encounters (and a ton of them are off-screened). Back in OG PoT there's some good examples, though.

For instance, Taka overwhelmed Kaidou with his Power and made him miss the court with his return in the attack vs defense training. Despite the fact that Kaidou had defeated Seigaku's S3 (Inui) and the fact that Taka is constantly seen as a burden in the team. Against Hyotei, despite Ryoma, Fuji and Tezuka being without a doubt their best players, it was said that only Taka and Momo could hand Kabaji's Power (I assume it was following this logic). Most notably, Sanada broke the Tezuka Zone with good old Fire like a caveman.

Poll is up!

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
He did. He used the Spinless Swayball so that Duke wouldn't be able to activate the Homerun through the SSS.

By negating it altogether he doesn't need to develop a gameplay against it like Tokugawa did, making Duke Bunt's threat much less significant (and with that, the Buster).

At some point the Japanese players started returning Bismarck's serves since we saw them play those points, so the serve isn't infallible. But yeah he always managed to keep his service games, one way or the other.

Bismarck's profile says his defense is just that good and he can "return any ball". The dives he made to return Duke Bunt and Void make me think his play-style is kind of like Akutsu's and he can score from pretty much any angle (but instead of being a raw prospect he has a ton of experience and, added to his perception, allows him to make quick judgement on an elite level). He never returned an invisible ball, though, did he?

To me the match up relies on Duke's Ki jin being as good as Tanegashima's Ultimate Void or not, with the extra possibility that Bismarck can die if he lets his guard down (though, as I addressed, Spinless Swayball should lower the odds of this happening marginally).

All rounder =/= best, it's just different styles. Konomi fell into that trap in OG PoT and made almost every high tier player an All Rounder. But he sort of fixed that in NPoT (Bismarck is an AB, Ralph is a Counter Puncher, Amadeus is a Nadal clone and has his height, weight, preferred hand and style, etc).

It's kinda funny since Bismarck winning 4 games playing doubles alone made no sense in the first place, then in his very next match the same happens and we are explained how those points are instant Ls.

I think Konomi often has trouble showing what such a difference in Power can make, and nowadays just kills people to do so. We don't get many Power vs not Power encounters (and a ton of them are off-screened). Back in OG PoT there's some good examples, though.

For instance, Taka overwhelmed Kaidou with his Power and made him miss the court with his return in the attack vs defense training. Despite the fact that Kaidou had defeated Seigaku's S3 (Inui) and the fact that Taka is constantly seen as a burden in the team. Against Hyotei, despite Ryoma, Fuji and Tezuka being without a doubt their best players, it was said that only Taka and Momo could hand Kabaji's Power (I assume it was following this logic). Most notably, Sanada broke the Tezuka Zone with good old Fire like a caveman.

Poll is up!
So, yeah. Bismarck Wins this easily.

So, Spinless Sway negates all Duke's special moves. Duke Homerun, Buster, etc.

Duke can use his Kijin. But what will it do if Duke's Special Moves are negated?

Is there any Duke's arsenal that can deal with Spinless Sway.

Bismarck's Spinless Sway seems Simple. But it counters a lot. It can counter moves like Tezuka Zone, or Tsubame Gaeshi, or any Spin Moves or SSS Shot?

Poll is up!
Well, I cant remember Bismarck using Kick Serves in the 3rd set. Maybe it was off screeened.

Iirc, Bismarck was able to barely returning Tane's Voids in the 3rd Set, but Akaya is there to return it with his attack Mode. So, it is like a 2 V 1. Since Siegfried was useless in that early part of 3rd set. Siegfried even gave up before Volk shouted on him. Lol

My point is Bismarck was able to dive and barely returning Tane's Void. But Akaya is there to wait for it and return. If it is 1 V 1 between Bismarck and Tanegashima. We saw Bismarck Won because Tane cant reach the lob Bismarck Did against The Void.

Poll is up!
It is interesting that Two Final Bosses Germany and Spain doesn't have a Power Player.

Is Dankmar one? Or Frankensteiner?

Spain doesn't have though. We thought they will have. Maybe the Giant Partner of Ryoga.

LMAO.

No one is giving Duke a chance.

Adamska

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
Bismarck, I don't think except Oni, Boss, Tokugawa, no any player can handles him, though I'd like to add Tane as honorable mention.
Duke is strong but even Byodoin choosed Tokugawa for final match, and if Oni wasn't injured still Tokugawa was his only choice.
I realizes that between G5, Byodoin the Boss, and Tokugawa are different from others.
Duke, Oni, Tane are in the same tier, in 10 matches they will be 6-4 but adding Tokugwa vs them 7-3 or 8-2 for Tokugawa. or 9-1:))
That is the difference.
Now with Oni masterpiece to making his opponent strong, Q.P now is on top of Bismarck, and I think this time he can handle "Time Loop" of Monster Volk.
Atobe, he can't compete vs G5 (-2) with lacks of physical strenght.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah. This is a Win for Bismarck really.

We all know Bismarck Beats Tezuka. (Spinless Sway Counters Zone)

And a lot of posters here thinks Tezuka can beat Duke.

So, even in Transitive Property argument. Bismarck Wins

For Direct comparison,

Bismarck Literallly NEGATES all Dukes Special Moves.

All Duke have that could probably work is his Kijin.

But I think Bismarck can find a way to negate it too

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Yeah. This is a Win for Bismarck really.

We all know Bismarck Beats Tezuka. (Spinless Sway Counters Zone)

And a lot of posters here thinks Tezuka can beat Duke.

So, even in Transitive Property argument. Bismarck Wins

For Direct comparison,

Bismarck Literallly NEGATES all Dukes Special Moves.

All Duke have that could probably work is his Kijin.

But I think Bismarck can find a way to negate it too
Tezuka can beat Duke!?
Let's say Bismarck can negates all Duke's shot, do you think he sits there until the match ended?
Try to be dynamic about it.
Do we consider Duke has experienced?
Is he smart player that can overcome any situation?
I think he has!
When you put it that way, makes him more like a doll!
Though Bismarck will win vs Duke but more like 6-4.
He was with Boss!

Tezuka can beat Duke!?
Let's say Bismarck can negates all Duke's shot, do you think he sits there until the match ended?
I think he has!
He was with Boss!
The only way that makes me convinced is to see Tezuka or Atobe beat Duke in a match.
Yukimura can watch 1000 times of Tezuka having a match but never be as amazed as Duke!

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Tezuka can beat Duke!?
I think he has!
He was with Boss!
Yeah. I think Tezuka has a chance against Duke. Same with Romeo.

Adamska, I think you need to be open for possibility for a Mser to be able to compete against G5.

Ryoga is a Mser. He is probably a Top 3 player in the Tourney minimum. If not better.

Romeo can go toe to toe with Bismarck. (Albeit both not serious)

Lorca

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah. I think Tezuka has a chance against Duke. Same with Romeo.

Adamska, I think you need to be open for possibility for a Mser to be able to compete against G5.

Ryoga is a Mser. He is probably a Top 3 player in the Tourney minimum. If not better.

Romeo can go toe to toe with Bismarck. (Albeit both not serious)
Ryoga as a Jap or US rep was a HSer. Due to Spain schooling schedule he's fallen under MSer category. I think Tezuka, Romeo and Atobe can fight G5 HSers lower tiers such as Duke. But winning is another thing. I mean they could he even rally against Bismarck, QP, Tane, Oni, Zeus, Ralph but their chance of winning is low.
Amazing players, but from what I've seen I'd still give the edge to G5 HSers.
Not related, but Who did Duke play against before facing Tokugawa?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ryoga as a Jap or US rep was a HSer. Due to Spain schooling schedule he's fallen under MSer category. I think Tezuka, Romeo and Atobe can fight G5 HSers lower tiers such as Duke. But winning is another thing. I mean they could he even rally against Bismarck, QP, Tane, Oni, Zeus, Ralph but their chance of winning is low.
Niou without his illusions.

Duke ragdolled him 6-0. Lol

Isnt it stated that Romeo was as old as Ryoga?

By that logic

Romeo will be a Hser too in Japan and USA?

I feel like Spain had an advantage there. Lmao.

I agree that the G5 member who is the easiest to beat (relatively) is Duke. That's why he is low tier G5.

I never argued Tezuka will beat Byo, Toku, Oni, and Tanegashima.

But Duke, I feel like there are winning chances for Tezuka. (And by extension Romeo/Atobe too)

Duke is the least Versatile among the G5. He is pure power with a little trick of duke bunt. But mostly he relies in power than technique.

So, it is more possible to outsmart or outtrick him compared to other G5.

Maybe, I am underestimating Duke. But yeah. He is very strong. I actually think he beats all Japan Top Msers in a 3 set match.
(Atobe only has chance in a 1 set match)

felixng2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bismarck beats base Duke quite handily. Only Kijin Duke might turn the tides. I think Bismarck takes it with very high difficulty.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Is Duke even gonna get a vote?