Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach in the bottom 5 for the second week in a row. Kubo should start whoring the fans' favorite characters any week now. Until then, its enjoyable to see Bleach get the ranking it has deserved for like 5 years now.

Enigma seems to have slipped a bit as well. Lets see if it pulls itself back up again. It started off strong in its rankings but has simmered down a bit.

No Medaka in the bottom 5 so I hope it is close to the higher ranks again.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Some of the Jump July Manga Covers

Thanks to Sasaki's Twitter again



Can't wait to buy Magico from Kinokuniya when it comes on sale.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think Engima will pick up again later, this seems like a phase that a lot of popular newcomers go through.

Bleach continues it's hilarious running leap downwards.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
名前:T ◆PecpvbY4/. [] 投稿日:2011/06/29(水) 14:52:18.09 発信元:218.46.111.23 [25/26]
連投すまん、
ハンターハンター再開は8月からで間違いない!!
新刊情報に有りました。
It is cofirmed that Hunter x Hunter will return on August. So, I guess Sengoku Armors will make room for Hunter.
 

TheOddOne

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
YAY hunter is going to be back T.T
 

97gsxminus1bolt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Meh kubo doesn't have to whore out at all. He could be at the dead bottom and he wouldn't be canceled for years. Selling 600k copies even when people dislike the arc? Kids just want the shinigami back and I for one don't care I would like to see how this arc plays out.

Someone want to remind me when HiatusxHiatus last ran? Feels like years but it couldn't have been.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
It's only a matter of time before Bleach gets its rankings back to normal. The plot has really picked up in the latest chapters so once they get ranked they should be higher than this. And then when the shinigami come back etc the rankings will go back to normal. Kubo just used a long time getting to that point, too long. He has been going in a new direction and has been too slow getting to the interesting parts. There's only "so long" that the fans will tolerate it, and it's now more visible than ever before how long it could be tolerated. However I expect the chapters to be higher ranked in the coming weeks.

Let's be honest, I think Kishimoto wants to end Naruto, and it looks like it's headed there. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could be continued past the final boss being defeated though, a lot of it depends on Sasuke.
There's no logical way of stretching out Naruto. The main character himself has reached the peak of the power level cap of the world, and while he could always get stronger with better Kyuubi control, general techniques (sealing, more wind techniques, second element etc) and overall experience, he's already godly powerful. Adding in stronger villains at this point would downgrade the whole Naruto world and especially its leaders (Kages). If the series continues, with a new more powerful villain than Madara and Sasuke, or Sasuke himself continues as the villain, the Kages and basically the whole world except Naruto himself would turn into a cheap copy of the Z fighters of Dragonball. Just useless. It's a good thing that Kishi ends it before Naruto becomes any older (and more powerful). Not to mention that the story is basically closing like you said. The Sasuke plot which is a main foundation for the series is reaching closure "soon" and everything is coming together. Kishi wouldn't dare stretching out the series with a part 3. The only regret I will have is that we will probably only see a chapter or two of Naruto as an adult being Hokage (I want more!). So yeah, it's ending after this plot is over.
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Jump #30 (04/07):
ST&RS (New Series, Cover & Lead Color, 54 pg.)
One Piece
Toriko
Beelzebub (Color Page, Results Popularity Contest)
Bakuman
Naruto
Gintama
Reborn!
Kochikame (Color Page, 35th Year Special Project)
Hanasaka Ikkyu
Magico
Sket Dance
Nurarihyon no Mago (Color Page)
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Basket
Inumarudashi
Bleach
Enigma
Sengoku Armors
Meruhen Ouji Grimm

#31:
Looking Glass (Cover & Lead Color, New Series)
ST&RS (Color Page)
Medaka Box (Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket (Color Page)
 

d3ad3r

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Pure rankings for Jump #30:

1.One Piece
2.Toriko
3.Bakuman
4.Naruto
5.Gintama
6.Reborn!
7.Magico
8.Sket Dance
9.Medaka Box
10.Kuroko no Basket
________________
Inumarudashi
Bleach
Enigma
Sengoku Armors
Meruhen Ouji Grimm
 
Last edited:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ouch for Engima's rankings. Well I expect them to bounce back up once they cover the current mini arc since it;s wrapping up the e-test arc magificently. I;d be surprised if those chapters don;t rank in the top 5. Either way it should probably be fine for a while.

Also sort of sad to see Medaka fall a bit after sitting in the top half of the ToC for a while. At least itls getting a color page next week though since there don;t seem to be any details with it I guess it;s not for the second popularity poll or rumored anime adaption. Guess I have to wait longer.

I feel no pity for Bleach it deserves to be where it is right now. It;s boring.
 

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
I really like this TOC. It's pretty much the perfect one for me. If Enigma and Reborn would switch places and Gintama would be a little higher it would be a perfect one for me.

Like many said I also don't think that Bleach is in any sort of danger. It is simple too big to ever die. It would have to be bottom last for months and the total sales would have to fall below 500 thousand for it to be in any danger.
Personally I don't think that it will ever reach its old status(TOP 5) back but once the action starts and the shinigami are back it will be in the middle of the magazine.

I'm kind of worried about Enigma. Unlike Bleach it could easily get canceled but it could theoretically have an ending which feels natural even though it got canceled.

Yeah for the return of HxH. I hope he stays this time for 30 chapters, or at least for 20.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yay! So finally get an official date for when HxH will be coming back. Seeing Bleach in the bottom 5 is depressing but not worried at all. It will get its ye ole status back eventually.
 

moonueki21

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Messages
348
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Reborn placed high this week... I hope Reborn's rankings become stable on the middle or on the top on the following weeks...
Bleach on the Bottom 5... quite surprising... but then, I expect it to rise as the plot starts to move...
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why do people think Bleach will come back stronger? Remember: just because a series is collapsing doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to recover. I'm saying that because something in my head just keeps saying "maybe the people have just had enough" and are just finally shedding themselves of this like what usually happens when certain series die. (sorry, I just still have stuff like ES21 and Bo-bobo in my head, where they were consistantly high, then an arc occurs where it collapses and doesn't recover) Nothing is certain about the future: maybe this is Bleach's end, maybe it's just a dip to punish Kubo, all we know is that things may never be the same after this.

Really nothing to say this week regarding the Jump rankings...though at least somehow some of my worries with the OP/Toriko battle due to the last few weeks being off-time and color pages shows things aren't too bad going on. (though I laugh at Bakuman beating Naruto but...yeah, Ohba/Obata...and Bakuman is just good)
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Medaka not as high as before but I'll take it. Just as long as it steers clear of the bottom 5. I'm surprised its getting another color page so soon after its anniversary. Then again, its gotten more love since the Minus 13 arc in that department.

A One Piece, Toriko, and Bakuman top 3 is one I love to see. Sket in the middle is also good with me.

Hiatus x Hiatus finally returns. Not all that excited since any enthusiasm I have had for this series has been gone for some time now. Not like Togashi's last few batches of chapters have helped alleviate that either.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I doubt Bleach will recover.I don't see how it wants to manage that when a big series like HunterxHunter is coming back after a long time.Bleach might drop even lower.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's great to see Toriko and Bakuman so high, even above Naruto.
And yeah, I think Enigma will go back up once the arc finale chapters get ranked. They were really good.
Bleach certainly isn't doing well. But like I said, it's essentially a different manga now. One that's not very interesting. If Kubo is able to make the plot interesting again, and not just have nonstop semi-pointless action and transformations it could get better. That and maybe if it goes back to at least vaguely resembling what it was before.

And great to hear HXH is finally confirmed to be back. It's been about 14 months this time. That cover looks really cool and Togashi-esque. Can't wait to see the next one they're releasing in August (If anyone was wondering, in that ad with the volume cover it says the serialization is restarting in August and the next volume is coming out then as well, if there were still any doubts). Hopefully HXH will last to the end of the Chimera Ant arc this time. It certainly has looked like it's getting there.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I doubt Bleach will recover.I don't see how it wants to manage that when a big series like HunterxHunter is coming back after a long time.Bleach might drop even lower.
When Hunter x Hunter resumes, it stayed in bottom 5 for most of time because I think Hunter x Hunter is unranked series and it'll go back in hiatus again in matter of time. So, I don't think Bleach have to compete with Hunter x Hunter, since it'll stay bottom in this time and it'll go back in hiatus after 10 or 20 chapters.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I doubt Bleach will recover.I don't see how it wants to manage that when a big series like HunterxHunter is coming back after a long time.Bleach might drop even lower.
10 or 20 chapters of HxH won't affect any series, I would be hardly surprised if it's published any longer. Hopefully he will be able to wrap up the Chimera Arc this time, it would be kind of lame to wait another year till it's finished. Still I'm hyped to see it coming back!

I agree with 3c , Bleach will recover. Psyren got 2-3 month till it was canceled even though it only sold around 100k and was only published around 2 years. Bleach would have to be at the bottom for more than half a year to actually be in danger of getting canceled, because it will still be one of the biggest seller in WSJ. It may not be in top again but as a lot of people already said, the moment Kubo brings back Shinigami it will rise again. I wouldn't mind if Kubo would move his story a tad faster and actually learned a bit from these bad rankings though (but I doubt it -_-; )
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top