Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I don't think so. I think they already know the Deathberry chapters (2) have finally catapulted Bleach back to its rightful spot. So they don't have any worries.
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
I find it strange that Enigma is ranking so low, yet it just started a new arc like 1 chapter ago.
Maybe Enigma is safe for reasons we don't know?
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I;m really shocked Enigma is ranking so low lately. I get the e-test has gone of for a while but this is ridiculous. It's not like the series has had an actually drop in quality like Bleach or Magico. If anything it;s getting better as it goes along. I just hope the e-test climax revelations and the new arc at least gives it a slight boost. It should at least live long enough to get it;s first year anniversary but...
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
I find it strange that Enigma is ranking so low, yet it just started a new arc like 1 chapter ago.
Maybe Enigma is safe for reasons we don't know?
well, it must be safe for this round of cuts at least...
but you never know what will happen few months from now.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ugh Enigma. Now it just feels like I was punched in the stomach. Chapter 39 was the one ranked, and that was as climatic as climax gets. I suppose the readers are just sick of the arc in general, no matter how amazing the chapters get (so Chapter 40, the best in the series, will probably rank last). Five volumes is fairly long for an introduction arc, I guess. Most introduction arcs are like, a chapter or two long at most.

If anything saves the series, it will be Chapter 44, the start of the new arc. There's also the off-chance that St&rs and/or Harisugawa flop, or Magico ends up below Enigma.

We really need some new series. One to replace Ikkyu, and one to replace the GFC. Usually new series pop up when old ones are canceled, right?
 
Last edited:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ugh Enigma. Now it just feels like I was punched in the stomach. Chapter 39 was the one ranked, and that was as climatic as climax gets. I suppose the readers are just sick of the arc in general, no matter how amazing the chapters get (so Chapter 40, the best in the series, will probably rank last). Five volumes is fairly long for an introduction arc, I guess. Most introduction arcs are like, a chapter or two long at most.

If anything saves the series, it will be Chapter 44, the start of the new arc. There's also the off-chance that St&rs and/or Harisugawa flop, or Magico ends up below Enigma.

We really need some new series. One to replace Ikkyu, and one to replace the GFC. Usually new series pop up when old ones are canceled, right?
Actually I think chapter 38 was the one ranked this week, but it still hurts.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Full ToC by Ohana

696 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/08/24(水) 21:54:25.96 ID:dUbaj3HpP

ジャンプ表紙 リボーン
巻頭 トリコ 人気投票
ワンピ
スケット
ナルト
銀魂
リボーン C
鏡の国
スターズ
WOLF&RED C
こち亀
べるぜ C
バクマン
ハンター
いぬまる
黒子
めだか
ぬらり
ブリーチ
マジコ
エニグマ
花咲


39号 くろがね 巻頭
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow Sket Dance above Naruto.Congrats!

Wow#2 Even though every saw it coming,i'm still a little surprised that Ikkyu is actually ending this soon.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Full ToC by Ohana

696 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/08/24(水) 21:54:25.96 ID:dUbaj3HpP

ジャンプ表紙 リボーン
巻頭 トリコ 人気投票
ワンピ
スケット
ナルト
銀魂
リボーン C
鏡の国
スターズ
WOLF&RED C
こち亀
べるぜ C
バクマン
ハンター
いぬまる
黒子
めだか
ぬらり
ブリーチ
マジコ
エニグマ
花咲


39号 くろがね 巻頭
Jump Issue 38 Table of Contents
Cover : Tsuna, Reborn & the Arcobaleno
Toriko (Lead CP) & Character Popularity Results
One Piece
Sket Dance
Naruto
Gintama
Reborn! (Cover, CP)
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
ST&RS
WOLF&RED (CP, Oneshot)
Kochikame
Beelzebub (CP)
Bakuman
Hunter x Hunter
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko no Basket
Medaka Box
Nurarihyon no Mago
Bleach
Magico
Enigma
Hanasaka Ikkyuu (Cancelled)

Issue 39 Lead CP: Kurogane (most likely a new series)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping that the new series that is starting isn't this
 
Last edited:

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
More or less that will be it. Coz the One Shot as far as i know is a winner of the Third Manga Carnival of JUMP.
 
Last edited:

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure Rankings for Issue #38:

01. One Piece (c628)
02. Sket Dance (c190)
03. Naruto (c544)
04. Gintama (c358)
05. Bakuman (c137)
06. Inumaru Dashi (c136)
07. Kuroko no Basket (c122)
08. Medaka Box (c103)
09. Nurarihyon no Mago (c159)
10. Bleach (c453)
11. Magico (c16)
12. Enigma (c38)
13. Hanasaka Ikkyuu (Cancelled at c15)

1 more chapter till ranked: ST&RS
2 more chapters till ranked: Harisugawa in Mirror World
 
Last edited:

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wow, I can't believe Kikai Hanasaka Ikkyu is getting cancelled... it was getting really good too. Where the ratings really that bad?

It seems like Jump is getting quite impatient with its newcomers, you either make it big soon or you go home. It had an original concept, but oh well, too bad.
 
Last edited:

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It seems like Jump is getting quite impatient with its newcomers, you either make it big soon or you go home. It had an original concept, but oh well, too bad.
No, it's been like this for years. There was a series that debuted in 2004 (back when I first started following the ToC) called LIVE, which lasted a whopping ten chapters. There've been lots of series in Jump's past that end very early.
 

Shinjipl

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Good to see Sket Dance up there. And I'm not surprised that Bleach is still at the bottom since this is chapter 453 ranked. It will probably stay there until the latest chapters will be ranked.

Also, it looks like Ikkyu got axed at chapter 15, even faster than Sengoku Armors, Meruhen Ouji Grim or Dois Sol, which means that, out of the Jump series that started in 2011, Ikkyu is the shortest running.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
When I first saw the TOC I was shocked over how low Bakuman was, but in the pure ranking it's actually pretty high.
I don't think Enigma deserves the place it's in now - it should at least be a little bit higher!

Looking forward to next week. Hope ST&RS will rank well :)

Liked the cover pretty much. I'm looking forward to this arc, and it will probably be much better than hte last arc.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
wow, Hanasaku was canceled very fast O__o looks like it really bombed but it got kinda boring so I'm fine with it.

Mago and Enigma are still so low :crying they definitely deserve a higher place, it would be a shame to see Enigma or even Mago go.
I'm actually looking forward to the next KHR arc, the last one was such a disaster that it can only get better. I really hope Amano makes up for the last arc and shows us the good ol' Reborn.

And please let ST&RS have a good ranking next week :gwah
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I thought c366 is the newest chapter, not the one ranked?
Oh. Sorry. :-P I thought you were doing them by chapter out. Yeah you'd be right then.

Huh. That's at the end of the Elizamoto (AKA Renhou) arc. Well...more like the climax. I guess since you know who returned, the Japanese really enjoyed it.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting rankings, not much more really to say. Sad to see Ikkyu go though but unfortunately we're rather stuffed in the magazine as of late...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top