Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Is the Akamaru Jump dead?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Happy to hear that Komi-sensei is back with a one-shot. I hated the ending of Double Arts (though I know he had no choice). Hopefully if this one-shot is well-received, it'll get turned into a serialised series thereafter :D
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Series from JUMP that'll have Bangai-hen (special chapters) featured in JUMP Next are:

・enigma
・Medaka Box
・Kuroko no Basket
・Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
・Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
・Nurarihyon no Mago
・Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
・Beelzebub

Source is of course 2ch.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Anyways some good news Sket Dance anime isn't being animated by Studio Pierrot but by Tatsunoko Pro so we may get some decent animation here.



Production: Tatsunoko Pro
Director: Kawaguchi Kei'ichiro
Series Composition: Inotsume Shin'ichi
Character Design: Nakatake Manabu


Same cast as the drama CD.

Hiroyuki Yoshino as Bossun
Shiraishi Ryouko as Himeko
Tomokazu Sugita as Switch.
__________________

Whoa, a Shogakukan director and a mostly shogakukan company handling a Shuiesha series? Hell, Hayate is even part of the main cast. Add on that Sket won a Shogakukan award.....are they trying to transfer the series to sunday? :-P I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on here.

Though what's more interesting is Gintama will be re-airing around the same time Sket will begin. Sorachi VS Shinohara? Master VS Pupil? April is going to be interesting, that's for sure...what with....the big three still airing (Although OP has rumors of a hiatus swirling around, and Bleach seems more and more likely to end around then,) Beelze, Level E, Ao no Excorist, Gintama, and Sket all airing.....Shuiesha seems to be just raking it in.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Jump Next replaced Akamaru Jump.
All the 3 issues?
Why, I wonder?


Series from JUMP that'll have Bangai-hen (special chapters) featured in JUMP Next are:

・enigma
・Medaka Box
・Kuroko no Basket

・Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
・Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
・Nurarihyon no Mago
・Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
・Beelzebub


Source is of course 2ch.
Looking forward for them!
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I am so looking forward to Sket's anime! Oh how I dreamed of the day... :D! I hope the adaptation manages to do a good job with the more touching scenes of the manga.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
No Studio Pierrot? Fuck yeah!

Now I'm definitely looking forward the it's anime adaption. Me wanting long time.
Too bad it's still so far away. :oh
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
All the 3 issues?
Why, I wonder?
<hr noshade size="1">


Looking forward for them!
It's re-branding. There selling something old under a new name so customers browsing a book store or magazine stand do a double take. They changed the name of SQII to SQ.19 around the same time.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Median age of readers hasn't changed much, still a pretty young average even for a shonen magazine:

9: 5.1%
10-12: 25.9%
13-15: 37.1%
16-18: 21.4%
18-24: 7%
25: 3.5%

68.1% of Jump readers are 15 or under. 89.5 are 18 or under. The breakdown for all Shueisha magazines are in that link. It's pretty interesting stuff. The link is to 2009 though; here's 2010.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So Saikyou Jump is not a monthly magazine. Since next issue going to release at March, is that it going to release every three months, like Jump SQ.19?
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Saikyô Jump #02 will be out in march. All manga continue exept Dragon Ball Sd.
Only four time for year, so?
And, who has the cover of the winter next? Beelzebub?
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Lol, Westlo, that's exactly what I was thinking. (I just didn't say it, considering how I've already gotten 2 warnings before... P: )
I'd really like to see how many vote in the ToC's and how many people buy Jump.
I'm betting not more than 10% send in the questionnares.

On that topic, I don't understand why they don't make an online questionnare. Voting would be MUCH easier for the readers, and the system could just count all the votes automatically. Less work for the staff at Shueisha. This is 2010/2011 after all.
If they want lots of people to vote in the ToC's, making an online questionnare is the very least they can do.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Yeah! Naoshi Komi is finally back :) Hope the one-shot will turn out great.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
On that topic, I don't understand why they don't make an online questionnare. Voting would be MUCH easier for the readers, and the system could just count all the votes automatically. Less work for the staff at Shueisha. This is 2010/2011 after all.
If they want lots of people to vote in the ToC's, making an online questionnare is the very least they can do.
Because they just want to count the votes that come from people who buy weekly shounen jump. It is like quiz coupons or vouchers that are included in magazines. (i know it is not the best analogy (lol) ^__^; )
If it is online, then people who don't buy the magazine can vote too, which defeat the purpose.

EDIT: btw i just read Dragonball SD. It is really cute and the art is good! I am just disappointed it is not something new as it's only a summary of one story arc of the original manga.

I will be looking forward to the KHR bangai-hen in Jump Next. Does anybody know how many pages it will be? Or is it only a 4-koma manga? i hope Hibari is in it xD
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Lol, Westlo, that's exactly what I was thinking. (I just didn't say it, considering how I've already gotten 2 warnings before... P: )
I'd really like to see how many vote in the ToC's and how many people buy Jump.
I'm betting not more than 10% send in the questionnares.
Akiyama posted circulation information here. It has circulation, gender of readers, age of readers, etc. There are links to every magazine Shueisha publishes too.
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
I know, Kaiten, but I can't read that.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Saikyô Jump #02 will be out in march. All manga continue exept Dragon Ball Sd.
So Dragon Ball SD was just a one-shot? Is there something else that will replace it?
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
So Dragon Ball SD was just a one-shot? Is there something else that will replace it?
Seems like it was just a one-shot. After what I have read Super Strong Jump will only come out quarterly? Is that true? If it is, it will be impossible to follow the series in it.

I think the Dragonball SD chapter was ok. Pretty lame that it was the same old story all over again. Would be cool if they made something new in the Dragonball universe.

Rock Lee's Springtime of Yoth was actually hilarious! Konoha looked lame compared to what it does in Kishimoto's chapters though, but the art wasn't that bad xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top