Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I agree that OD is not heading to the ending. I heard that the editor gives the author a resource for next possible arc.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think OD's fate will depend entirely on whether it survives the next set of cancellations. It could be in serious danger if something else doesn't come along and tank even worse, but if it can get past that hurdle I think it'll have a chance to skate by for a while and develop it's own fandom.

Gonna be a steep climb upwards, regardless.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

There going to be important announcement for Toriko in issue 3/4.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
long-awaited TV-anime-series announcement hopefully....
I can't really see the author's name, but the upcoming oneshot Kurogane looks interesting....
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I can't really see the author's name, but the upcoming oneshot Kurogane looks interesting....
The author's name is Ikezawa Haruto, and I think that one shot is actually his debut work as mangaka.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, Toriko's got virtually nothing left to get besides an anime at this point. Unless they announce Toriko's getting a musical, a live action movie... Or a statue somewhere, I think it's probably an anime this time. And I'll totally fansub the hell out of it whenever it comes around.

Also it says "super-super important announcement" this time. I think that's one more super than before.

And regarding HXH, I'm just throwing this out there, a couple weeks before Viz released volume 26 (they're always one behind Japan despite all the hiatuses) was when V27 came out in Japan and the series restarted. It could just be a coincidence, but V27's Viz release is scheduled for March 1st 2011. So I'm assuming it could be somewhere around that date.
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I hope that announcement is a Toriko anime! :wtf

Ikezawa Haruto won a honourable mention in the Treasure Newcomers Manga Awards in 2009. His winning piece, ATELIEA, can be read on the Jump website here. Of course, it's raw, though...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Ikezawa Haruto won a honourable mention in the Treasure Newcomers Manga Awards in 2009. His winning piece, ATELIEA, can be read on the Jump website here. Of course, it's raw, though...
Yes he is, so as Enoki (author of 006) and Nonoue (author of Sajitari).
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A Toriko anime is definitely what should be coming next. It will have a pretty good cushion of chapters to work with if it is set to debut in Spring or anything after that. Hopefully Jump doesn't keep teasing us on this.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
If announcement is about Toriko's animation, then I predict it'll air around summer or fall. Now, I hope Kuroko and Medaka to get announcement about their animation.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hyorinmaru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
1,126
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Jump 2011 #02 (13/12) :

Naruto (Cover)(Lead Color Page)
One Piece
Bleach
Toriko
Beelzebub
Enigma (Color Page)
Gintama
Bakuman
Sazitari (One-Shot) (Color Page)
Sket Dance
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Inumaru Dashi
Medaka Box (Lead Color Page)
Kochikame
Kuroko no Basket
Nurarihyon no Mago
Ômagadoki Dôbutsuen
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Light Wing
 

Nintakun

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Normal ToC, the only different thing there is Mago in the B5.

It's really good to see that enigma is doing excellently well in popularity!!
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good to see Beelzebub in the top 5, though I'm hoping Reborn's rank will get higher soon. As for Nura, I hope it gets out of this slump soon. It would be a shame to lose it.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Wow, it's great seeing Toriko, Beelze and Bakuman all up there! :zomg Great ToC this week save for Mago being so low! :darn And I forgot what happened 8 weeks ago in Bleach that made it rank so high, was it the end of the previous arc?
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Do both Naruto and Medaka have lead colour pages? Apart from my desire to place Mago above the bottom five, it was an expected TOC this week.

Oh! I also read a few spin-offs from Saikyo Jump and loved them. :3 Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth was ridiculous and silly; Vongola GP was coated in sugar from the cuteness. I liked how GP coincided with the scenarios from the actual story.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I really have nothing to complain with this ToC. I am very happy Enigma is high, the position is very well-deserved.
I kinda want a particular title at lower position though... *COUGH*
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
My current main cocern for Shonen Jump is replacement for Naruto. It is too early to say about replacement of Naruto at this point, but I can see Naruto is heading its climax. I think Naruto will most likely going to end maybe next one or two years. When Naruto ends, the magazine sale for Jump will experience massive decreases. So, I think Jump editors start to look for good replacement of Naruto.

Plus, I don't think either Nurarihyon, Toriko, or Beelzebub can be replacement for Naruto. I think Gintama/Reborn level highest point which Nurarihyon/Toriko/Beelzebub can reach.

I want to know what others think about my opinion.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Plus, I don't think either Nurarihyon, Toriko, or Beelzebub can be replacement for Naruto. I think Gintama/Reborn level highest point which Nurarihyon/Toriko/Beelzebub can reach.

I want to know what others think about my opinion.
Maybe not but a manga slightly grows. Bleach wasn't the hit from its beginning either and Naruto won't have sold as many as it does now from its beginning. I am quite sure that Beelzebub and Toriko can fill up those spots if they prove to be consistent top ToC manga
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
One Piece and Bleach probably won't end for many years, I'm not sure they need something to replace Naruto. Even if Toriko, Bakuman, and Beelze don't become mega hits, that will still be enough. Even in the golden age DBZ and Slam Dunk were far ahead of everything else, if I'm not mistaken.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Naruto is currently second highest selling series in Japan, and it is one of very influencial series in current Jump. I think there are lots of people buy Jump for Naruto, so there is going to be some impact of magazine sales when it ended.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top