Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperMaster-Yosh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
62
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Toshiaki Iwashiro is suppose to have a one shot in Jump Next. If he does, could someone identify which one it is.
 

PaperMaster-Yosh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
62
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Thanks. One more thing: are either of the two illustrations above attached to Godland Company?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Thanks. One more thing: are either of the two illustrations above attached to Godland Company?
The illustration on right side of logo is Godland Company. Other one (above logo) is different work by different author.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Zoo isn't participating in the Jump Next Bangaihen's... :/
Not that having a part in Jump Next means it's safe, but better than nothing...
Ouch, now that sucks indeed... while Hokenshitsu gets one. Double ouch!

Remembering how Light Wing was also excluded from last Jump NEXT! that's another shovel of worry added to the heap that's already been building up inside me. :/
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i really like the drawing of the couple in the left top, but why are they there?

godland company sounds nice to me, a name i can write and remeber so u suspect that japanese can't? :-P

about zoo:
it's not a question if the series will be cancled, it's more about when.

i know jump next! but what is Jump Next Bangaihen's?
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm glad that Medaka jumped up a few spots. As long as it doesn't have a streak of being in last place things should work out for it.

Great that One Piece and Bakuman have the top 2 spots and Toriko taking the 4th one.

Happy that Sket has the cover. Its been a long time since it has had it.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
MAGOOOOOO :scry

Gah, can't believe it's dead last this time. It really, really needs to pick itself up now. This is such a waste :bored
yeah me too, it's unbelievable :fail the last arc was a bit dragged out but still, that's no reason for it dropping so rockhard. I'm really starting to be worried about the series being canceled. Personally I'm quite enjoying the new arc!
Let's hope that the rankings will raise when it gets to the current chapters or else I will bash some japanese voters

Aside from that, a good TOC. I would love to give Zoo a try, do you think it has a chance to survive? :s
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Godland Company looks interesting. I just hope it gets well recieved. I miss having Iwashiro-sensei seralized
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ouch, now that sucks indeed... while Hokenshitsu gets one. Double ouch!

Remembering how Light Wing was also excluded from last Jump NEXT! that's another shovel of worry added to the heap that's already been building up inside me. :/
Yeah I think this more or less clinches it.

Got a better run than I expected though so I can't really complain. Hopefully the guy's next series will do better.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Ah hard to tell if this is good or bad for DOIS SOL. Definitely not great but at least it gives some hope that it could go either way. Grim looks like it will probably fall immediately, hard to tell with Sengoku, but Magico looks like it could be well-received at least at first.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
But if past is any indication, an entrenched series with decent tank sales could still get 3~6 months in the bottom before it's being considered for cancellation...
Reminds me of To Love Ru, TeniPuri, or DGM; good tank sales, medium to low ratings, strong older teen following, and decent amount of merchandise. Shueisha won't cancel Mago outright, they'll move it to SQ if it does not improve in the polls. Mago is to popular to simply cancel. With season two of the anime coming, it's virtually untouchable until 2012. Even a move will wait until the season ends.
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I hope you're right, Kaiten :s I would really, really, really hate to see Mago ended any time soon. After all with where the story is right now, it's simply not possible for Shiibashi to end the story here without leaving A LOT of loose ends. Even if he's forced to move to SQ, I wouldn't mind. As long as Mago stays alive! :darn I'm happy enough that it has good tankoubon sales.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said about Oumaga :( It is definitely not a good sign if it didn't get a one-shot in NEXT. All we fans can do is hope for the best...

Meanwhile I'm quite looking forward to Godland Company! Looking at the preview image and seeing that familiar art style makes me miss Psyren :crying
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Don't forget that Reborn had a slump for a while (though never really endangered) before rebounding... I'm sure Mago could pick itself up during this grace period before any possible move to somewhere else.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Yeah, I remember that, but like you said, Reborn was never so far into the red zone and iirc not for such a long period of time either.

I think the current arc is picking up right now, so if the rankings really don't rise within the next month or two, then there really is little hope of Mago picking itself up rankings-wise :darn And in which case, I would much rather it move than get canceled.
 

tarouch

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
71
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
for mago I think when the second season of the anime will resume it will goes back into the top ranking
 

halfcrzy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
431
Reaction score
146
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just seeing the art of Godland company I could tell it was lateens author. The red head girl looked like Mary and the other looked like Fredrica. Wow I miss Psyren. Shame they canceled it with all these new series failing.


Just seeing the art of Godland company I could tell it was pysrens author. The red head girl looked like Mary and the other looked like Fredrica. Wow I miss Psyren. Shame they canceled it with all these new series failing.
 
Last edited:

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hasn't anyone got the Cover of #18 yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top