Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Chapter 9 actually is the first ranked chapter. So the only new series ranked is Dois Sol, which has its first rank in this issue.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah Magico's not ranked yet.

But three weeks in the top five and a color page means it's either a hit or Jump's trying to promote the hell out of it.

Good news either way.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah Magico's not ranked yet.
But three weeks in the top five and a color page means it's either a hit or Jump's trying to promote the hell out of it.
yeah i also like it, but i can't see why it's more popular as medaka or the others. i mean the story isn't really a new thing, it's the typical "quest-scheme"

are there any Manga Editors interested in sengkoku armor, because the oneshot was the well received?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yeah i also like it, but i can't see why it's more popular as medaka or the others. i mean the story isn't really a new thing, it's the typical "quest-scheme"

are there any Manga Editors interested in sengkoku armor, because the oneshot was the well received?
It's new in WSJ though :P
When's the last time we had something like this? XD

And RIP Zoo... Here's to hope the author can get a new series soon...
 
Last edited:

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
And RIP Zoo... Here's to hope the author can get a new series soon...
Nooooo! Why did it have to be Zoo...that's very sad...:( I liked it so much, can't believe it ended...and here I don't even care much if the author get's a new series because Zoo had such a great and unique story...damn.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sadly no matter how interesting or cool or unique we may think a series to be, it means nothing if it doesn't impress the Japanese readers. Therefore, while Doubutsuen had it's following here, that's all it really is. I guess this is one of the reasons why I really can't make myself read a new series knowing...well, the consequences potentially.

Other than that, I like the standings this week...yeah Magico isn't a hit yet, but that's mostly because there are no rankings. On the other hand...Dois Sol and Grimm...are not doing so well. (though in the former, let's just ask again: can't Japanese mangaka find something new to bring to the table if soccer manga aren't working out...or at least bring in an interesting take on soccer?)
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
^I think all that could change with Akamatsu's J-comi. If the out-of-print mangas on that site gets a lot of good feedback for some of them, who's to say Akamatsu can't convince the publishers to upload their mangas for the international world to see?

What I'm trying to say is, if Akamatsu's site does really well, who knows, it could prompt the publishers to upload their magazines to the site. Not only that, Akamatsu plans on making the site user-oriented. Meaning he's letting us make comments and whatnot. For details, click here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-03/j-comi-google-work-on-comic-viewer-with-foreign-support
 

Geddy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For anyone who wants to see EVERYTHING about JUMP's sales over the years, organized by series, volumes, sources and everything, here's the place:

http://www.geocities.jp/wj_log/rank/rank0.html

Yes, it's in japanese, but it's neatly organized and easy enough to understand even if you don't speak the language.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
On the other hand...Dois Sol and Grimm...are not doing so well. (though in the former, let's just ask again: can't Japanese mangaka find something new to bring to the table if soccer manga aren't working out...or at least bring in an interesting take on soccer?)
Well, Grimm was ranked bottom 5 on its first ranking, so Grimm has bad start. But, Dois Sol still didn't drop to bottom 5 yet, so it is hard to say that it is not doing well.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm very happy about the top 2. Wish Medaka would climb up a spot or two just for a bit more peace of mind.

Looks like a few of the new series won't be around long as expected. Totally not surprised that the soccer manga is likely to be one of them if this turns out to be the start of a downward trend.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Full rank for Issue 19 is not uploaded yet, so I guess I will upload it:

397 ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E sage 2011/04/13(水) 17:23:26.10 ID:dWu+fILKP
ジャンプ表紙
ナルト

巻頭 べるぜ
ワンピ
バクマン
ナルト
マジコ
ブリーチ
トリコ
戦国
黒子
いぬまる
エニグマ
リボーン
銀魂
スケット
こち亀
ドイソル
メルヘン
めだか
保健室
ぬらり
動物園

今回ジャンプ230円だった。安いよね?
Cカラーがないからかな。。。
次号 20 21号は合併 ワンピが巻頭
Issue 19:
Beelzebub (Lead CP)
One Piece
Bakuman
Naruto (Cover)
Magico
Bleach
Toriko
Sengoku Armors
Kuroko no Basket
Inumarudashii
Enigma
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Dois Sol
Meruhen Ouji Grimm
Medaka Box
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Nurarihyon no Mago
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Full rank for Issue 19 is not uploaded yet, so I guess I will upload it:



Issue 19:
Beelzebub (Lead CP)
One Piece
Bakuman
Naruto (Cover)
Magico
Bleach
Toriko
Sengoku Armors
Kuroko no Basket
Inumarudashii
Enigma
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Dois Sol
Meruhen Ouji Grimm
Medaka Box
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Nurarihyon no Mago
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Is this weeks Oumagadoki the last? Was there any info about it? o_o
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
If there was any news about Oumaga ending, I'm sure Ohana would have included it... Which means... There is still some life left in Oumaga!! :whoabunny I don't know how much but... Keep going, Horikoshi! :darn

Meanwhile both Mago and Hokenshitsu still look pretty dangerous as well :s I'm loving how high Bakuman is, though! It just proves the popularity of the current arc, which I think was one of the most exciting Bakuman has had in a while (this proved itself as well in the increased activity over in the Bakuman subforum, lol) :)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Since Finestela said first chapter 1~7 can predict how new series will do in future, so I sort out 4 new series first eight chapter's placement/ranking:

Dois Sol: 1-7-10-11-11-5-12-14 = average 8.9
Meruhen Ouji Grimm: 1-6-8-8-12-7-15-17 = average 9.3
Magico: 1-6-10-11-5-7-5-? = average 6.4 (only counted up to chapter 7)
Sengoku Armors: 1-6-7-8-10-8-?-? = average 6.7 (only counted up to chapter 6)
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think so, but people are calling its early demise due to being fairly new (sorta) and bottoming out like this. Anything could happen though.
 

cartofipai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
enigma 7th ... it's been from 5th to 9th place since it started and lately on 7th ... looks like enigma already has a stable fan base who constantly vote for it
 

dagnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
73
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
If there was any news about Oumaga ending, I'm sure Ohana would have included it... Which means... There is still some life left in Oumaga!! :whoabunny I don't know how much but... Keep going, Horikoshi! :darn
I really hope people from mho misunderstood the toc and Oumaga doesn't end.

I' with you: Keep going, Horikoshi!!!!
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
If there was any news about Oumaga ending, I'm sure Ohana would have included it... Which means... There is still some life left in Oumaga!! :whoabunny I don't know how much but... Keep going, Horikoshi! :darn

Meanwhile both Mago and Hokenshitsu still look pretty dangerous as well :s I'm loving how high Bakuman is, though! It just proves the popularity of the current arc, which I think was one of the most exciting Bakuman has had in a while (this proved itself as well in the increased activity over in the Bakuman subforum, lol) :)
Sala, T said that it's ending before ohana posted her ToC :/

519 :T ◆PecpvbY4/. :2011/04/13(水) 15:29:17.41 発信元:218.46.111.23
タイヨウの海賊団かっけえ!!
オトヒメは意外なブス(笑)酷くはないが意外(笑)
人魚だが二股で完全に昔からよく見る竜宮城の乙姫の様な感じの複層。
シラホシは生まれたばかり。三兄弟はもう生まれてる。
ジンベエは30歳
アーロンは人間の海賊団をエサに暮らしてるから軍から金でもよこせと要求してた。

ドべ5
打ち切り動物園
ぬらり
死神
保健室
メルヘン

一応巻頭カラーだけど相変わらず少ない為アンリミ等の情報は無です。
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yeah, read it before I went to bed... can't say I didn't see it coming. Real shame though nonetheless. Oumaga was definitely my second favorite series from JUMP over the last couple of months so this is... yeah, just plain "meh~" from my side.

What's left to say?
RABBIT IN PEACE!!!​
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So Oumagadoki will end, that's sad. :( I like this series. Then, is that means Horikoshi's one shots going to included on upcoming OD's volumes to fill pages?

Also, how many people think Hokenshitsu going to follow OD? Based on its recent chapters, I have a feeling that Hokenshitsu is heading toward the climax.

Lastly, can anyone upload the preview page for issue 20/21?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top