Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartofipai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
So Oumagadoki will end, that's sad. :( I like this series. Then, is that means Horikoshi's one shots going to included on upcoming OD's volumes to fill pages?

Also, how many people think Hokenshitsu going to follow OD? Based on its recent chapters, I have a feeling that Hokenshitsu is heading toward the climax.

never read hokenshitsu but from what i saw od is better... well ... i still got enigma and magico as new series :p maybe sengoku armors ( that is if someone translates it :mad)
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I saw the end coming,but it's still sad to see it go now.I guess i will never understand how japanese readers think,because Oumaga had so much soul compared to other series.Sigh~
I hope Horikoshi will come back with something more suitable for JUMP.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Sala, T said that it's ending before ohana posted her ToC :/
Well, that wasn't posted in this thread, and I didn't have the time to check 2ch myself... :sweat And usually, Ohana will put a (終) to indicate the series is over but she didn't (wonder why).

But damn, I was clinging on to some hope for Oumaga but I guess it's the end of the road :scry

Rabbit in Peace indeed! You will be missed, Shiina and gang~~~ :crying It was a good, refreshing series, and I am really sad to see such a promising series go.

Meanwhile, I wonder which series will be next to get the axe :s I'm guessing Hokenshitsu, as Mago really isn't in a position to have its story end any time soon (though a move may be possible).
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Not very good for Dois Sol or Grimm... Magico's unranked, but it's still very high, so it must have been very well-received.

Sengoku is still a wild card, but I have a feeling that it will stick as well.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Not very good for Dois Sol or Grimm... Magico's unranked, but it's still very high, so it must have been very well-received.

Sengoku is still a wild card, but I have a feeling that it will stick as well.
I think magico will do well for now, but I doubt it will last long.

As for Sengoku ARMORS, haven't got the chance to read one of the new chapters, only the one shot (that one was nice) but it's difficult to tell how it'll do at this point. (and I don't know why no Edited Manga-group picked it up yet.)
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's possible, but I never found things like that worth worrying about unless it actually starts tanking.

And either way, it means Jump wants it to survive. For something that almost totally came out of nowhere that's a pretty good sign.
 
Last edited:

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
...already discussing about survival of new series that are not even on the bottom of the bottom? I don't think even the most narrow-minded capitalist would decide to think of ending a series with results of only 1 chapter...

Unless they end up in the very bottom (aka last position in ToC), I think we don't need to think about survival rates of the new series right now.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Am glad Bleach is in the top three since Magico doesn't count for now. But I like how good Magico is doing though, its a pretty good manga. Bakuman is 2nd:). Reborn is still in a decent place.:D But Mago, oh Mago, please don't be the next one to get the axe. Rise my friend rise.

Not necessarily, Negative. Don't forget about Ane Doki, Lock-On and Double Arts.
Am I still the only whose pissed that Ane Doki didn't last that long?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Not necessarily, Negative. Don't forget about Ane Doki, Lock-On and Double Arts.
The only comparable series is probably Double Arts... And Double Arts had good early rankings until it crashed later on :s If Magico can hold on to the momentum and not repeat that mistake, it should be alright.

Lock-on NEVER had single digit position (other than the CP chapters) in its pre-Ch.9 ToC spots.

Ane Doki's color is probably more of a push by the editors instead of reflecting good rankings, since it was already in the bottom 6 (more like bottom 5, since we had Jaguar back then) at Ch.10. Not to mention the editors were trying to make Ane Doki into a replacement for ToLoveRu...

(I personally liked Hatsukoi Limited more than Ane Doki :darn)
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tough break for OM but its been struggling for a while. Congrats to it living longer than initially expected.

As far as Lock-On! goes, I called it ending based on the content of the series. It was weak sauce from the start so I didn't see it living more than 2 volumes.

(I personally liked Hatsukoi Limited more than Ane Doki :darn)
You aren't the only one. Hatsukoi was superior to Ane Doki imo. I pretty much didn't care for the series anymore once Chiaki came.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Wait so Zoo is ending this week? Or just ending soon?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
284 :T ◆PecpvbY4/. :2011/04/14(木) 15:11:35.76 ID:3WqVBa/g
さっき気がついたけど昨日のドべ5盛大な間違いしてましてすいません(笑)
T said s/he made a big mistake on the spoiler for bottom 5. What this means?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I read the two first chapters of Sengoku Armors since it is at least scanlated in French. I do not understand that this manga is ignored because the story is very likeable. The art is also great and it sometimes reminds me of one piece. It isn't the same like one piece's art but the char design tends to lean more to it than to Bleach or Naruto. Each time that I see the princess, then she always reminds me of a younger version of Nami. My biggest worry is that it might become a new akaboshi because it is quite generic. But oh well, short term manga or not, imo this manga definitely deserves a Edited Manga
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Perhaps it's because Sengoku materials has been done so much already? :p

I can't comment on it since I have not yet read it (due to both lack of open raws and a general sense of fatigue toward Sengoku themed stories). However, in general, there's a sense/bias toward these types of materials that they are curtail for certain demographic group, and thus a built-in repulsion for certain readers.
 

Jase

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Am glad Bleach is in the top three since Magico doesn't count for now. But I like how good Magico is doing though, its a pretty good manga. Bakuman is 2nd:). Reborn is still in a decent place.:D But Mago, oh Mago, please don't be the next one to get the axe. Rise my friend rise.



Am I still the only whose pissed that Ane Doki didn't last that long?
You're not. I recall it didn't get much love on these parts when it was coming out, but I enjoyed it.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was too busy dealing with the heartbreak of TLR ending than to follow Ane Doki actively at the time :/
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I was too busy dealing with the heartbreak of TLR ending than to follow Ane Doki actively at the time :/
heartbreaking ending? it seems more rushed and opened for my to call it a good ending.

ane doki was fun, its disappointing that nothing romance/echi is in jump currently, ecpecially for the great art.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top