Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
two sports series in the top 5?! Sweet! In fact that's probably the best top 5 in a while, even if it's only really so because of one piece being out of action this week
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Medaka Box is stay in bottom 5 for two weeks. Zeromcd mention Medaka Box get a new manager after previous manager is out. Author probably isn't happy about being drop to bottom 5 or something?
It's not the first time Medaka is in the bottom 5 for a few consecutive weeks. It's usually a up and down for the series so I doubt that this is the (sole) reason for changing the editor. Could be all kinds of things like a personal dispute or vastly different opinions on where the story should head too, you never know.
 

DestyNova4th

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
207
Reaction score
94
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
There are only four entries in the Golden Future Cup this year or is that no information of the other two?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm impressed about Kuroko's ranking O___o since the anime started it's doing exceptionally well and I can't help but be a bit happy. It's nothing great but I enjoyed catching up to the current chapter, it's a fun and entertaining read.

Happy with Nisekoi still doing so well! Kurogane and Pajama are most likely goners at this point :/
I'm betting that Fujimaki was jumping in joy and became hysterical like a like someone who just won the lottery when he was offered an anime. I'd bet that he was really betting everything on the anime, and thankfully, it's a success.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
medaka ranks relates probably that the chapter ranked was a zenkichi one. it should get better after kumagawa appears for some time.

I'm betting that Fujimaki was jumping in joy and became hysterical like a like someone who just won the lottery when he was offered an anime. I'd bet that he was really betting everything on the anime, and thankfully, it's a success.
then he won the bet. it's kinda nice that "older" series can get a second spring of youth like that. hope he uses this advantage well to maintain this support.
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Weekly Shonen Jump #34 cover HQ.



Thanks jojohot.com.

It seems we could join this cover with next week cover in 1 illustration.
 
Last edited:

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whoa Takagamaha tanked hard. Assassination Classroom is doing decent. Glad to see Bleach in the top 10 even though its number 10 lol. I never cared much for sports manga but I'm interested in the manga if it ranks that high.

Sad that Gintama went down but I'm sure it will pick up again.
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whoa Takagamaha tanked hard. Assassination Classroom is doing decent. Glad to see Bleach in the top 10 even though its number 10 lol. I never cared much for sports manga but I'm interested in the manga if it ranks that high.

Sad that Gintama went down but I'm sure it will pick up again.
Takamagahara and Assasination Classroom are not ranked.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Gintama's low position is undeserved IMO. That's a bad sign, it's been at a very low position for a while now. On the other hand Toriko is first, lol. Don't understand how two worst Jump series (Toriko and One Piece) can be so high in rankings. People have shitty tastes :P.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Gintama having up and down is standard. We will start to worry if it stays several monthes in the bottom 5 like bleach
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
So glad to see Nisekoi rank in the top five again this week.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

But they aren't color pages.... Unless there is something I don't know.
Do we really need to have this conversation again? They are new series, less than eight chapters old. The editors placed them, like they do every new series.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm so happy for Kuroko, Nisekoi, and Haikyuu!!
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I will never understand the love for Toriko. Even though I can't stand OP, I can at least understand why people like it.

Nisekoi's entirely too cliched, so I've been consistently confused by its rankings.

The plus side is that Kurogane's not last. :awesome: It'll still get cancelled the next time around unless some of the new series bomb.
 

WilliamK

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
113
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I agree with them being unranked and their position being unofficial for being bumped up higher for being a new series and all, but scoring lower than average for being a new series (especially at chapter 3) just screams that it means something... I dunno, it would be interesting if someone could get data on the first 8 unofficial rankings of "flunked" series like Lock On, Swot, Dois Sol(?), Oumagodoki(?), Ikkyu and Sengoku Amours and then see if there's a pattern in the earlier first rankings.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Eh, I'm not worried about Gin. In fact this is a good thing if the ranking is indeed for chapter 400. It means the Japanese are finally accepting Gintama serious arcs and don't want Bobobo with samurai. The series was consistently high during the Suzuran arc, and while I think the story had it's issues during the run it was a very good with quite a few revelations. It's not my favorite arc of Gintama by far, but it was quite good.

As for being confused on rankings, I neither understand why Naruto is so high or why people like it, but I at least don't start flame wars by stating my vehement and seething hatred for the series openly. Whoops, guess I sorta just did. Oh well, to the bandwagon! I despise Naruto and want it on the bottom five like now. Even better! Cancel it next week despite the sales of the series being pretty decent. All because I, an insignficant overseas fan thinks it's the asscrack of WSJ. ROFTL.
 
Last edited:

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Eh, I'm not worried about Gin. In fact this is a good thing if the ranking is indeed for chapter 400. It means the Japanese are finally accepting Gintama serious arcs and don't want Bobobo with samurai. The series was consistently high during the Suzuran arc, and while I think the story had it's issues during the run it was a very good with quite a few revelations. It's not my favorite arc of Gintama by far, but it was quite good.

As for being confused on rankings, I neither understand why Naruto is so high or why people like it but I at least don't start flame wars by saying it openly. Whoops, guess I sorta just did. Oh well, on the bandwagon I go. I despise Naruto and want it on the bottom five like now, ROFTL
.
actually you do say it, A LOT :D that's why many chose to ignore every single one of your posts so it's okay i guess you may say whatever you would like

on another note great cover. one of the best i've ever seen . maybe because i like the idea of the movie either way can't wait for next weeks cover
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
actually you do say it, A LOT :D that's why many chose to ignore every single one of your posts so it's okay i guess you may say whatever you would like

on another note great cover. one of the best i've ever seen . maybe because i like the idea of the movie either way can't wait for next weeks cover
I'm simply pointing out how silly it is for people to say they wish something would die just because they don't like it. :-/ I am fully aware that I say how much I dislike Naruto quite often. I'm glad you ignore my posts though, since as a fan of the series you shouldn't pay me any mind anyway. I suppose my sarcasm isn't for everyone~
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So glad to see Nisekoi rank in the top five again this week.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------



Do we really need to have this conversation again? They are new series, less than eight chapters old. The editors placed them, like they do every new series.
Again? I only asked this one time because I was confused lol. Thats a stupid rule imo. Less than 8 chapters... Might as well leave them at the very bottom if they aren't really ranked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top