Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I'm simply pointing out how silly it is for people to say they wish something would die just because they don't like it. :-/ I am fully aware that I say how much I dislike Naruto quite often. I'm glad you ignore my posts though, since as a fan of the series you shouldn't pay me any mind anyway. I suppose my sarcasm isn't for everyone~
i see you edited your post to cover some of the " hate/anger " initially intended so it would seem as if you are being sarcastic , anyway it's not sarcasm that we don't get. it's just ironic that someone who says " how much he dislikes " a certain series "quite ofte"n can give others tips on how to avoid flame wars
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
i see you edited your post to cover some of the " hate/anger " initially intended so it would seem as if you are being sarcastic , anyway it's not sarcasm that we don't get. it's just ironic that someone who says " how much he dislikes " a certain series "quite ofte"n can give others tips on how to avoid flame wars
Um...no, actually I edited the post and made it more over the top just to illustrate a point. It's actually worse now than what it was before.

And I seriously rarely comment in this thread, it's just today that things were getting a bit obnoxious.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
on another note great cover. one of the best i've ever seen . maybe because i like the idea of the movie either way can't wait for next weeks cover
Avoiding all of the ranking issues (we can freely say that we don't understand a series ranking without it being an attempt to flame :rolleyes:, although people do use it that way at times), how can you be interested in a Naruto movie? They're all just as lackluster as the next...
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
bomber you translate my second favorite manga and i respect you, but your comments have always been the same when it comes to Naruto so it's not about today.

anyway hating a series or loving it , i couldn't care less about that i just wanted to point out that you do say how much you hate naruto a lot in this thread
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I will never understand the love for Toriko.
It's the perfect shounen manga for kids, it's interactive so they can work with the mangaka, which leads to a rise of the readers appreciation; it's full of action, it's about funny food and funny characters and it is drawn in an old school style. Much is over the top, but didn't we like that as kids too? Couldn't get enough of power lvls and new arcs in DBZ back than. So do you actually read it?

Again? I only asked this one time because I was confused lol. Thats a stupid rule imo. Less than 8 chapters... Might as well leave them at the very bottom if they aren't really ranked.
That discussion has cycled around here for months now, are you sure you didn't follow this thread in the timeframe? I'm not sure if you know what you just wrote. The placement of the new series can be used to promote them, placing them at the end wouldn't serve such purpose.
How can you be interested in a Naruto movie? They're all just as lackluster as the next...
It's all about hope, hope that it will get better. Was the same case with OP and it seems like you don't know that it's actually Kishimoto who's written the plot for this one, it's also thematically linked to the current events[Eternal Tsukiyomi]. The last one was a bit better than the previous ones too.


Liked the assertive Hinata of the cover/movie, can't Kishi just exchange her with the canon one? *glare*
 
Last edited:

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's the perfect shounen manga for kids, it's interactive so they can work with the mangaka, which leads to a rise of the readers appreciation; it's full of action, it's about funny food and funny characters and it is drawn in an old school style. Much is over the top, but didn't we like that as kids too? Couldn't get enough of power lvls and new arcs in DBZ back than. So do you actually read it?


Liked the assertive Hinata of the cover/movie, can't Kishi just exchange her with the canon one? *glare*



Those reasons are precisely why I don't like Toriko; I read a bit of it, but it was poison in my eyes. I never liked DBZ in the first place. It was on tv when I was a kid, and I thought it was terrible, plus the animation was atrocious.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

if you would like you can check this thread and see why i'm so excited even though the last couple of movies weren't that good

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74063-Naruto-Shippūden-The-Movie-6
Just because Kishi's creating the characters/working on the movie doesn't mean that it'll at all be good. We've seen mangakas take active roles in filler anime/movies before, and they've turned out terribly.

More than just that, if they didn't just keep cranking them out, it wouldn't be so bad. This is the ninth Naruto film, after all, and they're just milking the franchise for all it's worth.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Those reasons are precisely why I don't like Toriko; I read a bit of it, but it was poison in my eyes. I never liked DBZ in the first place. It was on tv when I was a kid, and I thought it was terrible, plus the animation was atrocious.

Just because Kishi's creating the characters/working on the movie doesn't mean that it'll at all be good. We've seen mangakas take active roles in filler anime/movies before, and they've turned out terribly.

More than just that, if they didn't just keep cranking them out, it wouldn't be so bad. This is the ninth Naruto film, after all, and they're just milking the franchise for all it's worth.
Than it's clear that you just don't like it, while other do. No harm done. :D

You have to differenciate between having active roles aka producer, support, help, character design and penning the script/plot on his/her own. Producing an anime of any manga isn't milking the franchise for all it''s worth. You could show some more restraint before it backfires heavily. Can you name some of the adapation where the participation of the mangaka didn't help at all, excluding the hellverse Bleach movie. XD

People were excited that Blood prison would actually be a good movie because Naruto uses Sage Mode. It ended up being shitty as hell. I'm not holding my breath for this movie either.
I think it had more to do with Minato's appearance. Trailer hasn't convinced me either, but the earlier sketches let me believe that the important part hasn't been shown yet. It's not like we will be seeing it within the next half year anyway.
 
Last edited:

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nisekoi's entirely too cliched, so I've been consistently confused by its rankings.
Jump's been lacking a romance series that use those cliches, and people enjoy those cliches would be my guess.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
bomber you translate my second favorite manga and i respect you, but your comments have always been the same when it comes to Naruto so it's not about today.

anyway hating a series or loving it , i couldn't care less about that i just wanted to point out that you do say how much you hate naruto a lot in this thread
Other than instances where I've said I don't care about the series, I think I've been pretty good about keeping how much I dislike it under control. Stating my apathy is different than stating my hatred. It's all good or whatever, since lately I only really find myself reading Gintama out of Jump anyway, and reading more of Shounen Sunday. Maybe this is just the wrong anthology for me.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i am not a fan of toriko, but i guess the participating of readers is a great way to gain popularity. it feels like pokemon in this regard and is a must have to get famous enough to be mainstream. the thing that people loved about star wars wasn't that much the story, but more like the universe he created. they played with jedi toys and imagined to be a jedi knight. the same goes probably for toriko, in which you can be part of the world and it's creation. the other thing is the powerlvl. its exciting for kids to see these number. oh look goku has 343, but freezer has 1000 more than him, he must be so more powerful. oh look he is ridiculous strong, how many points does he have? whoa, over 100k? can't wait to see him fight with his full power. the last thing would be the repetitive powermove, like rasengan in naruto or bankai in bleach. kids love shouting these them selfs.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Having some naruto bashing is not so bad from time to time. It's always Bleach and Reborn which get the flames, that is kinda refreshing (and i feel less lonely)

You have to differenciate between having active roles aka producer, support, help, character design and penning the script/plot on his/her own. Producing an anime of any manga isn't milking the franchise for all it''s worth. You could show some more restraint before it backfires heavily. Can you name some of the adapation where the participation of the mangaka didn't help at all, excluding the hellverse Bleach movie. XD
I was really disapointed with Strong world. Everyone was making a huge hype of it because the mangaka was part of it and In the end I didn't find it filled the expectation. The plot was nothing extraordinary and on par with some others one piece movie. But well once again I'm probably the exception here.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But well once again I'm probably the exception here.
You are not alone, it's not as good as I would have liked it to be. Prefer six for it's deviation of art style.

Bomber D Rufi
Nobody can change your taste. :P

Shouldn't we get back on topic?
 

brigid001

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
99
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland
Delighted Reborn is out of bottom 5, even if it did only jump a place lol. Been really enjoying this arc so it kinda hurts to see it ranking so low all the time. I also have no idea why naruto keeps ranking so highly. This arc overall has been quite poor and these last chapters... were just full of wtf moments. But of course I'll keep reading it until the end >.<.

Also really happy about nisekoi and haikyuu's rankigs. I enjoy both those series and even if nisekoi seems cliche the characters and their expressions just have me hooked. I thik komi is a really talented artist.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
You are not alone, it's not as good as I would have liked it to be. Prefer six for it's deviation of art style.

Bomber D Rufi
Nobody can change your taste. :P

Shouldn't we get back on topic?
Pretty much. :-P I don't think anyone can change anyone else's tastes really.

Having some naruto bashing is not so bad from time to time. It's always Bleach and Reborn which get the flames, that is kinda refreshing (and i feel less lonely)



I was really disapointed with Strong world. Everyone was making a huge hype of it because the mangaka was part of it and In the end I didn't find it filled the expectation. The plot was nothing extraordinary and on par with some others one piece movie. But well once again I'm probably the exception here.
You're not alone K-dom, but honestly One piece movies are never very good plot wise, or even animation wise 75 percent of the time. I agree that movie six was well done, if not unique among the One piece movie cannon, but it still just felt like a longer and slightly more boring episode. Strong world had some nice animation, and I liked the character designs, but it wasn't really much in retrospect. (And I am a big fan of the One piece anime, so I'm not being biased. In fact, I can even say there are plenty of things wrong with even Gintama. And I assure you there are plenty of problems with it. Though the movies (One piece's). Do live up to just being fun, even if they are crappy. I never go into a movie adaption of a manga with 'expectations' /airquote. It's just easier to enjoy them that way.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Moderator Notice:
Bashing a series is never okay, doesn't matter where or when. Stating your opinion about a series and it's TOC rank is fine but please remember to be calm and friendly.

And if you want to discuss a movie/series in detail please do so in the specific thread, the posts are getting a bit too offtopic :/ I will let the posts stay for now but please stop it here.~ naruto-niichan
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I never understood the terms "There are things wrong with it." The author writes what they intend to write. If you don't enjoy it, you say it's shallow or vapid or uninteresting or something, but that's your personal perception. Taste varies from person to person. Entertainment is a subjective thing.

Anyhow, uh... TOC isn't too interesting, really.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
As for Kuroko Basket exceptional ranking, aren't you praising to much the effect of the animé. After all, it's only this week that the rank is high for an animé which started for several months now. Not so long ago, Kurako was in the bottom five of the TOC several time in a row. Also, Medaka Box has an animé since spring too and the rank are not that impressive.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Could have something to do how both series were accepted by the community, since Medaka Box is far worse off than Kuroko no Basket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top