Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

K H Reborn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
51
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
the next manga to be canceled is either magico or kurogane so I don’t really care since I never read them and I won’t really bother with reading them.On the other hand I’m so happy that Nisekoi in third place hope it will continue like this.

I’m just gonna say about BLEACH that in the previous arc it was too slow so It wasn’t good but this arc was a bit rushed I mean all of a sudden theres a war and the enemy is super powerful that’s just too much Kubo really should step up his game .
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Glad to see the rise of comedic series though, third Nisekoi, fourth Gintama and fifth Sket Dance. Could this be a new Jump trend? Wouldn't mind :hee
Well given there are in reality 5 unranked series between third Nisekoi and fourth Gintama, I'm not sure we can put it that way... Gintama, Sket Dance and Beelzebub have been quite high for a long time now, I don't think it is a new change in Jump readers after all the top 3 is still trusted by action manga. The new series seems to be doing fine and that is refreshing, if it can haste the end of the long series that are not so interesting any more I'm all for it, yet it's not that easy to keep doing well, Enigma and now Magico and Kurogane remind us the harsh reality of Jump.
 

Ikzer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
24
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
We'll see in the next three ToCs, but I'd say that the next cancellation should be probably from one of the three newest series (Momiji, PSI and Bulge), especially because they aren't established yet and it's "easier" to remove them than others longer like magico an Kurogane. Though It's only a happy idea that I had based on nothing actually.
 

chusetto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
224
Reaction score
672
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
We'll see in the next three ToCs, but I'd say that the next cancellation should be probably from one of the three newest series (Momiji, PSI and Bulge), especially because they aren't established yet and it's "easier" to remove them than others longer like magico an Kurogane. Though It's only a happy idea that I had based on nothing actually.
I hope it's not Bulge, it's cliché but has an interesting premise.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope it's not Bulge, it's cliché but has an interesting premise.
I got the impression that Bulge is liked by the majority, and it even gets good placements by the editors. It should stay for some time and have time to develop IMO.

Ikzer
A happy idea? Oo Not happy at all. :|
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Be liked on mangahelpers does not mean liked by Jump voters... Its rankings are not better or worse than others series, I think it's a false impression you have. But the fact that they put it on jump alpha probably means that they are confident on its success and will probably wait a bit longer before cancelling it unless the ranks are terrible.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Did I imply that MH's impressions are to be equatable with the WSJ voters? No. -> No false impression. Yeah the rankings are pretty much centric with 5th, 6th, 7th and a 4th place, a bit over the middle even, but it was nowhere near the bottom of the ca 20 titles too.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
The false impression was related to the supposed good ranks Jump editors give to Bulge according to you. It's false. They are the same than all the others. Pajama which is bottoming right now had even better first ranks. So that is not a valid argument, as is not the mangahelpers good impression.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
People like it, which can be slightly translated to it being liked by another group of shonen readers too and editors, not voters, are giving it some higher middle ranks, that's all there is to say about it right now, as real rankings aren't out for it yet. It's not evidence of if being good and I never said it is, just that it's being more advertized this way. The second sentence was my opinion.

What are you trying to tell me though? What's your problem?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't have a problem, it is you who is aggressive toward me again and change the meaning of my post again.
I just wanted to point that "good" placement was not correct. I call it false impression since I understood it as you believed that it has better ranks than others. That's all, end of the debate.
 
Last edited:

umpalet

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
36
Reaction score
99
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Oricon Rankings 06/04 ~ 06/10

21. Pajama na Kanojo #01 (31,899)
22. Haikyuu!! #01 (31,428)



Yay for PajaKano. :super
 
Last edited:

K H Reborn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
51
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
Wow both of them are really close maybe I should check pajama no kanjo
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
June 4th - 10th Jump Comic Sales
*1  *,521,626 *,523,875   BLEACH 55
*2  *,332,706 *,335,151   Bakuman 19
*3  *,226,893 *,227,707   REBORN! 39
*4  *,152,893 *,153,501   Beelzebub 16
14  *,*47,551 *,*48,413   Kochikame 180
17  *,*38,485 2,993,752   ONE PIECE 66
19  *,*37,406 *,*37,406   magico 6
21  *,*31,899 *,*31,899   Pajama na Kanojo。 1
22  *,*31,428 *,*31,428   Haikyuu!! 1
50  *,*15,544 1,117,766   NARUTO 60


*Please keep in mind that both Haikyuu and Pajama were both underprinted.
 
Last edited:

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Well, so had to sell, but eventually sold since the first issue of Magico, so there have not been as successful as nisekoi.

Magico the first issue had sold 32 000 copies, and he was re-released now and see if sales of HQ and Pajama increases or decreases.

Magico always his copies, earn little, but not missed.
 

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
Holy Moly ! it's been a long time that Bleach had sold that much in his first week.

Bakuman's doing good.

Pajama's doing great !

Pretty happy for those series.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Well if I remember correctly, this volume of Bleach contained some other book as well (can't remember what exactly) so I'm betting that explains the boost in sells, as well as it starting the new arc.
 

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well if I remember correctly, this volume of Bleach contained some other book as well (can't remember what exactly) so I'm betting that explains the boost in sells, as well as it starting the new arc.
It came with "The Rebooted Souls" which is a summary of everything that happened in Bleach untli the start of the Final Arc. It is destined to the new readers so they are able to catch up.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Be liked on mangahelpers does not mean liked by Jump voters... Its rankings are not better or worse than others series, I think it's a false impression you have. But the fact that they put it on jump alpha probably means that they are confident on its success and will probably wait a bit longer before cancelling it unless the ranks are terrible.
It's unusual for the editors to place a series with fewer than eight chapters in the top five, or bottom five. Just above or just below is not to unusual, but placing chapter five in fourth place is unusual. In the past this has usually indicated a series would have at least some initial staying power. Unfortunately the only other series I can think of that placed that high, that early, is Psi, which debuted a week before Bulge. It is in fifth place this week, last week it was in fourth. While I would not use this as evidence that Bulge will last ten years, it is reasonable to believe that early feedback in Japan was positive enough that the editors chose to put it so close to the beginning of the magazine.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Holy Moly ! it's been a long time that Bleach had sold that much in his first week.

Bakuman's doing good.

Pajama's doing great !

Pretty happy for those series.
To be honest, this is the first time in a while Oricon has reflected a whole week of Bleach's volume going on sale. Usually Bleach's sales look low because the week Oricon surveys has Bleach debut in the middle of it. I think last time a Bleach volume came out it had only been on sale for 3 days.

Beelzebub sold really well! I am really please with this. <3 Pajama did pretty well also! Though I hope it's enough to save it from cancellation. :(
 

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
To be honest, this is the first time in a while Oricon has reflected a whole week of Bleach's volume going on sale. Usually Bleach's sales look low because the week Oricon surveys has Bleach debut in the middle of it. I think last time a Bleach volume came out it had only been on sale for 3 days.

Beelzebub sold really well! I am really please with this. <3 Pajama did pretty well also! Though I hope it's enough to save it from cancellation. :(
Yes but even if we count the days it was always around 400-450k in his first week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top