- Joined
- Jan 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,885
- Reaction score
- 1,612
- Age
- 38
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
True, and one can argue most sports series have very few female characters as well. I think its a really personal preference how many and how prominent the female characters are in Jump. I mean, you could also have an arguement about which is better: lots of female characters that primarily act as fanservice, or few female characters that are equally developed as the male characters.
I think its interesting that in the manga/anime industry, having loads of female characters doesn't automatically make the franchise geared towards women, and vice versa. Having a cast of mostlybishonen male characters can cater both to men and women. I mean, generally, having or not having a heroine shouldn't make much of a difference in how good the manga is (after all, it could still attract a large yaoi fanbase). But, it definitely bothers me, and personally I avoid titles that don't have at least one main female character.
I think its interesting that in the manga/anime industry, having loads of female characters doesn't automatically make the franchise geared towards women, and vice versa. Having a cast of mostly

. the current arc is good, maybe it still doesn't offer much new when it comes to fights but there is a lot of secrets and mystery