- Joined
- Nov 22, 2008
- Messages
- 7,558
- Reaction score
- 5,409
- Age
- 35
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Damn, isn't there a bigger version where you can see the speech bubbles in Naruto's??
Or better, is there anyone trying to translate the ToC every week?^^
Looks like they will add more recently started manga to their lineup but I wonder why it's Takamagahara. Looked like the least impressive series to me. Not surprised to see Ao no Exorcist though.The North American manga and anime distributor Viz Media announced at its Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha panel at San Diego Comic Con on Sunday that Kazue Katō's Blue Exorcist manga series and Jūzō Kawai's Takama-ga-hara manga series will join the lineup of its digital anthology Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha. Takama-ga-hara will run weekly in the digital anthology starting on July 23.
From being involved in the site, you can probably see the difference in popularity between fantasy/action and everything else. There seems to be a strong bias towards manga that fall into more stereotypical American "comic book" genres, away from genres unique to manga. Alpha is a mere reflection of fan bias, choosing new action, rather than romance or harem. Past attempts by VIZ to bring non-action manga to English speaking readers have met with middling results, at best. Ichigo 100%, I"S, Pretty Face, and even Eyeshield were never very popular in bookstores.*Obligatory question mark as to why Beelzebub hasn't been added to Jump Alpha*
But honestly, this is what Jump USA should have done. I'm happy that they are coming to grips and improving their online model. Though wait a second, why Bulge and now Takamagahara, when Momiji got serialized recently as well? I feel that Jump USA is playing it safe and not want to publish any remotely fanservicey manga. Which is dumb, its not like any of the romance manga running in Jump are particularly controversial.
The Shonen Jump Facebook page translate them every weekOr better, is there anyone trying to translate the ToC every week?^^
True, and I suppose this is just something I'll never understand about the American rating system either (or most rating systems for that matter). Another thing I realized is that in the U.S., romance series are catered towards girls and women -- a love story catered towards men doesn't really fit a marketing genre, I suppose.From being involved in the site, you can probably see the difference in popularity between fantasy/action and everything else. There seems to be a strong bias towards manga that fall into more stereotypical American "comic book" genres, away from genres unique to manga. Alpha is a mere reflection of fan bias, choosing new action, rather than romance or harem. Past attempts by VIZ to bring non-action manga to English speaking readers have met with middling results, at best. Ichigo 100%, I"S, Pretty Face, and even Eyeshield were never very popular in bookstores.
They only translate author comments from licensed series. :P So no Gintama, Nisekoi, Beelzebub, etc.The Shonen Jump Facebook page translate them every week
http://www.facebook.com/shonenjump.com.portal
The guy that makes the chart keeps them on there even after they end for a few weeks. I don't know why but he just does >.>Hum how come mago and magico are still there if Takamagahera is in the TOC ?