- Joined
- Jul 10, 2011
- Messages
- 100
- Reaction score
- 64
- Age
- 34
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
...Seeing Medaka consistently in the bottom is really starting to sadden me...I'm really hoping it'll get higher soon :<
Probably has two reasons:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Medaka's anime started airing somewhen around the time Kuroko's did too, right? Interesting how Kuroko has become quite a hit and Medaka stays lingering quite low, and I haven't heared its sales went much up? I've heard good things about Medaka Box (I don't read it), I didn't think it wouldn't become more popular.
Yup, just take a look at this:Quick question, does Jump sell as much as it did when DBZ, YYH and Ruronin Kenshin were in the magazine? I know that was called the golden age of jump by fans and that circulation was really high but does anyone know the exact difference?
Actually toriko is within top 5good week, i don't like how both Bleach and gintama are so low. but Toriko being out of the top 5 is great though
Jump Issue #38 TOC
1-> One Piece
2->Nisekoi
3->Reborn!
4->Haikyuu!!
5->Toriko
6->Kuroko no Basket
7->Sket Dance
8->Kochikame
9->Kurogane
10->Koisome Momiji
11->Beelzebub
12->Gintama
13->Bleach
14->Medaka Box
15->Sensei no Bulge
16->Pajama na Kanojo
Jump Issue #38 TOC
Naruto (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Nisekoi
Reborn!
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Haikyuu!!
Toriko
Kuroko no Basket
Sket Dance
Rurouni Kenshin (Oneshot, Center Colour)
Kochikame
Takamagahara
Kurogane
Koisome Momiji
Beelzebub
Gintama
Bleach
Medaka Box
Sensei no Bulge
Pajama na Kanojo

In fact, the initial premise already indicates a period of one year to kill Korosensei, so the plot doesn't stretch too much.Assassin Classroom is certainly an interesting concept, and very original, but it also needs to maintain that excitement in the long-term. Unless the series is 5 volumes long, the overall story needs to get more complex, I would think, to maintain interest. It can't be 5 years of just a student trying to kill Korosensei and failing every week.
I really doubt Beelzebub will become a big hit. Even though it would really deserve it. It's such a great manga.I can see Toriko, Beelzebub and Assassination Classroom becoming the next 3 big hits in Jump. Nisekoi, Basket and Haikyuu will probably keep ranking high as well.
With it's pacing Assassination Classroom could run for a couple of years [~4]. I wonder if it could take on the place than Naruto will open up when it finally ends.I really doubt Beelzebub will become a big hit. Even though it would really deserve it. It's such a great manga.
And for Assassination Classroom to be a long running series with that kind of succes, it probably has to add a good plot to the comedy setting. But it could be possibly for AC imo.
i see it more like death note, which became a cult series with incredibly high sells of around 2mio. on the other side, AC could become a underdog for its whole circle. depends on how well a "real" plot/story is established by the mangaka, also how long he can make the series. the longer it is, the more people have a chance to hear about it sometime.Assuming it lasts long enough to see Naruto's end, I doubt it would take such a place. It's not the same kind of series, and it doesn't appear to be a typical Jump series. Doesn't mean it can't be a hit or have an anime or anything like that though.