Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

korshunxD

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
223
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Preview of oneshot "Monkey Business" by Amano Akira (2002. Young Magazine)

 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It looks so different to reborn!
 

korshunxD

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
223
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Actually, it is not an one shot; it is a series.
Oh... And how many volumes?)) You have not seen the pictures or scans?))

Sorry for my English...
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd like the author to do something that isn't ecchi but I think I Shoujo could be really good if the author goes for some good comic scenes but well it won't change the fact that panty shots aren't my thing at all in shounen series. Ecchi is basically the genre I hate the most in shounen seeing as I consider it's stupidly done...

On another note, I like that Gintama page. I really need to read the series past chapter 300...
Personally I hate Romance/Harem as a genre no matter what demographic it's aimed to. Of course I admit that this just has to do with me having no interest in romance in real life much less in fiction, but what you're saying about most of them being poorly done is pretty true too. Though as long as sex sells there's not much that can be done. I do hope that iShoujo rises past it's dubious pedigree, but I strongly doubt it. Jump isn't the paragon of orginality after all. It's more like the fast food of the Japanese manga scene. Good tasting, but not always good for you.

That being said the art is still really endearing and I still like the female lead enough to not drop it immediately. Time will tell though....

And yeah. Biases aside (lol.) I like the Gintama color page quite a bit. We rarely get to see Kagura's girly side. It's cool that Sorachi treats her like one of the guys (keeps her from being no more than moebait), but this side of her is nice --and dare I say it cute. In any case I like this color page more than the Stealth Symphony one.
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oh... And how many volumes?)) You have not seen the pictures or scans?))

Sorry for my English...
I think this barely lasted a year. The series is pretty much unknow. No info on mangaupdates. It's on Wikipedia which states the series started in 2002. No year date is given but she had a oneshot in 2003 in Akamaru Jump called "Bakuhatsu Hawk"before Reborn start in 2004.

作品リスト

少年スピン(1998年、ヤングマガジン赤青BUTA)
熱風野球伝説ぴっちゃん(1999年、読切、ヤングマガジン)
ぷちぷちラビィ(2000年、別冊ヤングマガジン、ヤングマガジン)
MONKEY BUSINESS(2002年、ヤングマガジン)
バクハツHAWK!!(2003年、読切、赤マルジャンプ)
家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN!(2004年 - 2012年、週刊少年ジャンプ)
家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN! 隠し弾(2007年、小説の挿絵を担当、ジャンプスクエア)
怪物づかいツナ!(2009年 - 2010年、Vジャンプ)
わらしべ探偵 沼七郎(2013年、読切、ミラクルジャンプ)
エルドライブ【ēlDLIVE】(2013年、ジャンプLIVE)
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Ch 3 of Illegal Rare was kind of neat.
Despite the edginess, I actually think this series has a bit of potential and kind of hope it lasts.

Haven't had time to read Stealth Symphony yet, but I looked over the pages and it just looks pretty meh to me.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yeah, I'd like the author to do something that isn't ecchi but I think I Shoujo could be really good if the author goes for some good comic scenes but well it won't change the fact that panty shots aren't my thing at all in shounen series. Ecchi is basically the genre I hate the most in shounen seeing as I consider it's stupidly done...
This. I HATE Ecchi. I don't mind it when a series has a few ecchi scenes now and then like One Piece but that is pretty much my limit with that genre. It's one of the reasons I hate Fairy Tail and it doesn't seem like I'd like iShoujo either.

Ch 3 of Illegal Rare was kind of neat.
Despite the edginess, I actually think this series has a bit of potential and kind of hope it lasts.

Haven't had time to read Stealth Symphony yet, but I looked over the pages and it just looks pretty meh to me.
Is there an english version that is out? I tried searching but couldn't find any. Or did you read the japanese version?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Is there an english version that is out? I tried searching but couldn't find any. Or did you read the japanese version?
I think the Enlgish version for both of them didn't came out yet. I think he just read the raw.
 
Last edited:

korshunxD

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
223
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
I think this barely lasted a year. The series is pretty much unknow. No info on mangaupdates. It's on Wikipedia which states the series started in 2002. No year date is given but she had a oneshot in 2003 in Akamaru Jump called "Bakuhatsu Hawk"before Reborn start in 2004.
Please! Help me find of scans with works by Amano.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Is there an english version that is out?
Not that I know of.
It's odd though, you'd expect an english Edited Manga of the series to already be out.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not that I know of.
It's odd though, you'd expect an english Edited Manga of the series to already be out.

What is the reasoning for why one would expect that?
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Because of the mangaka behind it.
Someone already translated ch1 of Illegal Rare but I am not sure if she put it onto MH. I'll ask her about it.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Surprised they didn't say it was a hiatus or something. Maybe the final episode will mention something.
I dont really know if there are actually any reasons why Toei would want to come back to animate more Toriko someday. I dont think the movies lit the charts on fire and if we assume someone wanted to use it as a promo tool for the manga, well manga sales have been on decline YOY. Shueisha could be better trying to get one of their numerous other series animated.

Animation quality wise, I think most would want to see the anime go away considering the many transgressions committed.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I dont really know if there are actually any reasons why Toei would want to come back to animate more Toriko someday. I dont think the movies lit the charts on fire and if we assume someone wanted to use it as a promo tool for the manga, well manga sales have been on decline YOY. Shueisha could be better trying to get one of their numerous other series animated.

Animation quality wise, I think most would want to see the anime go away considering the many transgressions committed.
I agree about the movie and the anime volume sales are almost non existent for Toriko but it did get good ratings. It's kinda confusing, to be honest.

Toriko's high anime ratings and average movie gross + low anime volume gross is as big of a mystery as Bleach's low chapters ranks and high volume sales.
For this reason, I actually wanted to see how a 2nd Toriko movie would do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top