Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 204 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbj

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did they tease D.Gray Man getting a new anime before they announced it at the fiesta last year?

Scruffy8642

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's gonna be Black Clover. I don't think Zumou sells enough for a company to pick it up. But it's also in the position where it needs one to sell more... Does anyone know the lowest sales a Jump series has had and still got an anime?

kobester11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
BC is too young. They won't make the same mistake as Academia. Either Samon or Sumo-n.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
BC is too young. They won't make the same mistake as Academia. Either Samon or Sumo-n.
Samon is even younger? And even if they announce it now, they could do 25-50 episodes depending on how long they want it to last. That's 2-4 chapters per episode which is fair-fast pacing. Academia was pretty unique in that it was paced so slowly for so few episodes. Normally they do that to extend run time, don't they?

Azure Warrior

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Black Clover will be my bet. Hinomaru Zumo would be nice, but the pessimist in me believes it's impossible for a low selling manga to get an anime unless they were extremely lucky (Like Buso Renkin and Nogami Neuro).

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
I kind of want to read Love Rush, even though I am not a fan of the genre. Eager to see what changes Red Speite has made, since the oneshot was average. Need battle manga.

lobito180

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Love Rush was pretty meh, in my opinion. Maybe it'll get better in the next few chapters...
As for Neverland, it sure is having a slow start, but I liked the ending of the 3rd chapter. I hope someone keeps translating it if Viz doesn't add it to the lineup.

Avok

Reaction score
Country
Lmao! The premise of Love Rush sounds like your average ******.
Not going to read it. I hate those beta MC, but Japan seems to love them somehow.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Although my expectations were not high since the beginning because people compared it with Monster Musume, it was better than I thought it would be, Love Rush I mean. It doesn't seem to be a gross ecchi, the genetically explained harem was also comical, I liked it. XD
It is not like it doesn't affect his childhood friend, she is just used to it, they are like brothers. No matter how gorgeous your sister is, you will not fall for her, right? It is the same principle. XP
The first chapter showed potential, but I don't know how it will develop to be able to be a long-term series.

Love Rush > The Promised Neverland, so far.

Avok

Reaction score
Country
:notsure

At least he's not 15.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
love rush is basically the black clover of harem sh** genre

let's see how that work out for them

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That twist at the end of chapter 3 from The Neverlands was great! Man, this could be such a spooky anime with the right music and animation.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
the number of manga that fails for being too generic far exceed the number of the suceessful one

anyway, just read kimetsu last chapter, people were complaining about fujoshi influx & doujins ever since Zenitsu showed up

it's about to get worse, way way worse

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Going to put a list of Jump author and the possibilities to serialization in late 2016-2017, and what genre would write:
Matsui:If he return to the Jump, he will write a batte shonen I think he allways have to try,In other magazine I doubt it
Izumi Matsumoto:Don't Know why but I think he will do a a Shimabukuro, only if he healed.
Kubo:If he return to the magazine will be like HxH, more freedom shit.
Naoshi Komi: I think with the one shot and the new editor he is training with a action series .
Tadatoshi Fujimaki: I allways think he would be the golf series, but now I think it will wait 10 or 20 year and is a veteran.Seeing Archer serialized.
Tamura Ryūhei : Another comedy, I wish with least battle tbh
Yoshuhiro Kano: "Too lazy", jump+,Giga or SQ for live.
Iwashiro Toshiaki: He fucked up with Kagamigami don't knowing what he have with the girl.Jump SQ most likely or a last oportunity(Obata has more tbh).
Yoichi amano,Katsutoshi Murase:In Jump+
Kenji Sakaki and :Maybe a Serialization with his husband
Kizuku Watanabe: I would love come with Nisio with Henshin Ganbo , but I doubt
Yūya Kawada:Don't Know tbh
Naoki Iwamoto: Obvious a Battle manga, but the question is when and if it's ready unlike with the last OS.
Ikezawa Haruto:Everything but a spokon, Maybe a action or a romcom with little fanservice will help him.
KAITO:A rom-com, I would like another cross manage but it will fail
Kyou Kazuro:Depend of how is doing in Giga, maybe a harem
Toshinori Takayama:Simply, a rom com, also I think jump like him, so it will have another oportunity when he finisher I shojo
Yūsaku Shibata:Like Kazura, but with a battle shonen
Itsuki Furuya: Don't care about his last OS, but I would prefer a music manga than a spokon like his last work
Ryu Ishiyama:A Battle shonen
Yuusuke Utsumi:An action shonen, but I think he fix better in champion

When/If they finish
Togashi:That card game manga he told in the interview, in Jump 100% sure and with the HxH threatment. Still thinking storywise HxH don't have to much to tell.
Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro:Very difficult to tell , I think he's going to akamaru Jump with a
Hideaki Sorachi:A Gintama but with another hilarious setting, being full comedy or not is the question
Yoko:He like write cute think, so something like that, would like onani master team reunite but it would be in another magazine.
Daisuke Ashihara:A Spokon or a terror manga.
Furudate:Would love how it's improve with terror writing, or maybe something like Sunny because (s)he love the authors work
Tsukuda Yuuto:He is very versatil, maybe a drama to practice?
Kohei Horikoshi,Yuki Tabata:Another Battle manga
Tosh:Like Tsukuda, is very versatil, would love in a more action oriented like Medaka box
Numa Shun:A idolmaster thing? Like AKB49 except the crossdress thing
Kawada:Don't Know,a Kendo manga?
Mikio Ikemoto:More modern setting battle shonen, he doesn't fit with ninja, also weekly to improve the art
Kentaro Itani:In magazine with a takuanesque series.
Miura Takahiro : Would like a Hight Expect lover thing, but I thing it would finish too soon.

It sure worked out for Ghost tits and BC
Both are have more appeal than LR.

Need battle manga.
Right now we need a comedy(NOT romcom) ,with Gintama ending and not sure if Saiki will be more time, we only have one comedy(Samon-kun and is kinda a romcom).

Lmao! The premise of Love Rush sounds like your average ******.
Not going to read it. I hate those beta MC, but Japan seems to love them somehow.
Hating a MC because is Beta , alfa or whatever is stupid.Also,people trend to hate Beta MC because of projection, for that reason I laught when critique Kaneki of TG, as much as the manga have to much shit and fail this ne doesn't one of it.
Still, the MC of Love Rush is bad not because being a beta , is bad because the writing.

As for Neverland, it sure is having a slow start, but I liked the ending of the 3rd chapter. I hope someone keeps translating it if Viz doesn't add it to the lineup.
That twist at the end of chapter 3 from The Neverlands was great! Man, this could be such a spooky anime with the right music and animation.
Yeah, still not great but is entertainement because the art and the plans. We can dislike Death note or this, but I want more mind games battle mangas.
Also , doesn't niggerstream picke up it?

Love Rush > The Promised Neverland, so far.
No , it's not, Neverland first has better interaction, art , writing(and was the worst point of the first chapter) and character, also they make your read the next chapter as much as the first was meh.
Love Rush want make to much thing that fail, I'm not a fan of Yuuna but the writing , with all the echii, is better, and the shift
Echii-action is decent like Soma.
In general, comparing in the magazine, Yuuna >>>> Love Rush, Kimetsu >>> Neverland , also Neverland >> Love Rush.

Avok

Reaction score
Country
Hating a MC because is Beta , alfa or whatever is stupid.Also,people trend to hate Beta MC because of projection, for that reason I laught when critique Kaneki of TG, as much as the manga have to much shit and fail this ne doesn't one of it.
Still, the MC of Love Rush is bad not because being a beta , is bad because the writing.
No te entiendo nada macho. :oh
I don't hate beta main characters like early Kaneki or Shinji, because those make sense in the context of the story and it gives room for development, just like the latter part of Tokyo Ghoul.

What I can't stand is the usual harem mc that is herbivore and plain silly, like this one, or World Ends Harem's one.
Ugh my loved girl, ugh I must be with her, ugh I must dump everybody else.

It gets on my nerves, but that's just me not liking harem series.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
@Xzone
A small typo, Kenji Sakaki is a female so her husband instead of his.
Tosh should continue to draw, his one shot is cute but it isn't good enough. Heck Togashi should just hire him to draw Hunter x Hunter.
Nisio Isin x Saeki Shun are a good combo too. I like Nisio Isin writing and Saeki Shun's art.
------------------------
My thought on Love Rush chapter 1:

Cute females design, that's it. At least the female lead isn't a tsundere :p.

Inumaru

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Going to put a list of Jump author and the possibilities to serialization in late 2016-2017, and what genre would write:
Matsui:If he return to the Jump, he will write a batte shonen I think he allways have to try,In other magazine I doubt it
Izumi Matsumoto:Don't Know why but I think he will do a a Shimabukuro, only if he healed.
Kubo:If he return to the magazine will be like HxH, more freedom shit.
Naoshi Komi: I think with the one shot and the new editor he is training with a action series .
Tadatoshi Fujimaki: I allways think he would be the golf series, but now I think it will wait 10 or 20 year and is a veteran.Seeing Archer serialized.
Tamura Ryūhei : Another comedy, I wish with least battle tbh
Yoshuhiro Kano: "Too lazy", jump+,Giga or SQ for live.
Iwashiro Toshiaki: He fucked up with Kagamigami don't knowing what he have with the girl.Jump SQ most likely or a last oportunity(Obata has more tbh).
Yoichi amano,Katsutoshi Murase:In Jump+
Kenji Sakaki and :Maybe a Serialization with his husband
Kizuku Watanabe: I would love come with Nisio with Henshin Ganbo , but I doubt
Yūya Kawada:Don't Know tbh
Naoki Iwamoto: Obvious a Battle manga, but the question is when and if it's ready unlike with the last OS.
Ikezawa Haruto:Everything but a spokon, Maybe a action or a romcom with little fanservice will help him.
KAITO:A rom-com, I would like another cross manage but it will fail
Kyou Kazuro:Depend of how is doing in Giga, maybe a harem
Toshinori Takayama:Simply, a rom com, also I think jump like him, so it will have another oportunity when he finisher I shojo
Yūsaku Shibata:Like Kazura, but with a battle shonen
Itsuki Furuya: Don't care about his last OS, but I would prefer a music manga than a spokon like his last work
Ryu Ishiyama:A Battle shonen
Yuusuke Utsumi:An action shonen, but I think he fix better in champion

When/If they finish
Togashi:That card game manga he told in the interview, in Jump 100% sure and with the HxH threatment. Still thinking storywise HxH don't have to much to tell.
Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro:Very difficult to tell , I think he's going to akamaru Jump with a
Hideaki Sorachi:A Gintama but with another hilarious setting, being full comedy or not is the question
Yoko:He like write cute think, so something like that, would like onani master team reunite but it would be in another magazine.
Daisuke Ashihara:A Spokon or a terror manga.
Furudate:Would love how it's improve with terror writing, or maybe something like Sunny because (s)he love the authors work
Tsukuda Yuuto:He is very versatil, maybe a drama to practice?
Kohei Horikoshi,Yuki Tabata:Another Battle manga
Tosh:Like Tsukuda, is very versatil, would love in a more action oriented like Medaka box
Numa Shun:A idolmaster thing? Like AKB49 except the crossdress thing
Kawada:Don't Know,a Kendo manga?
Mikio Ikemoto:More modern setting battle shonen, he doesn't fit with ninja, also weekly to improve the art
Kentaro Itani:In magazine with a takuanesque series.
Miura Takahiro : Would like a Hight Expect lover thing, but I thing it would finish too soon.

Both are have more appeal than LR.

Right now we need a comedy(NOT romcom) ,with Gintama ending and not sure if Saiki will be more time, we only have one comedy(Samon-kun and is kinda a romcom).

Yeah, still not great but is entertainement because the art and the plans. We can dislike Death note or this, but I want more mind games battle mangas.
Also , doesn't niggerstream picke up it?

No , it's not, Neverland first has better interaction, art , writing(and was the worst point of the first chapter) and character, also they make your read the next chapter as much as the first was meh.
Love Rush want make to much thing that fail, I'm not a fan of Yuuna but the writing , with all the echii, is better, and the shift
Echii-action is decent like Soma.
In general, comparing in the magazine, Yuuna >>>> Love Rush, Kimetsu >>> Neverland , also Neverland >> Love Rush.
Shimabukuro should make a manga about marathon races. He's always commenting in the TOC about his participation in those races, like the Tokyo Marathon. He's good with sports manga, that Ring series he made before Toriko was pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.