Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 205 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzone

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
No te entiendo nada macho. :oh
I don't hate beta main characters like early Kaneki or Shinji, because those make sense in the context of the story and it gives room for development, just like the latter part of Tokyo Ghoul.
What I can't stand is the usual harem mc that is herbivore and plain silly, like this one, or World Ends Harem's one.
Ugh my loved girl, ugh I must be with her, ugh I must dump everybody else.
It gets on my nerves, but that's just me not liking harem series.
I was thinking you're talking in general, sorry if I was rude.
I trying to tell(sorry, my english sucks) is, when people see a Kaneki/Shinji/harembetaMC in general see the bad thing who share with their own self , people hate kaneki because they don't want to asume if zombie/vampires/terrorist attack them they will shit their pant and cry, people don't like shinji because if they become child soldier they will have PSTD and cry.Another example (in other character archetype) is Umaru-chan, people hate her because their remember his otaku life.
People want to belive they will be an alfa who kill whatever who touch them, and fuck all the bitches if something amazing happen to them.People love Yuragi MC because kick ghost ass, people hate LR or Nisekoi MC because they remember they have a chance to form a family and they prefer the escapism(Well, that a generalization, but to make clear what I was saying)
In general like you say, if they write a beta Harem MC like Kaneki/Shinji we would not have a problem, for example Grand Blue MC is fucking great (but he's not a Beta at all and have more boys that girl).
Still, LR MC is shit, but my problem with the manga is the "Ugh my loved girl, ugh I must be with her, ugh I must dump everybody else. " because I hate the loved girl(and I fucking love the kuudere archetype...) , the form that he write her don't make sympathize with her and "want to ship them".
PD:A ver si se entiende mejor(?)

A small typo, Kenji Sakaki is a female so her husband instead of his.
Don't know how I put his and not her , writing to much author is a chaos

Tosh should continue to draw, his one shot is cute but it isn't good enough.
****** mangaka are good drawing but they need to learn storytelling, people like shindoL write impactfull stuff (fucking emergence) but the pacing of his work seems of.We don't know how good is right now writing, still , I was thinking in a think like Eyeshield 21, teamed with another guy.

Heck Togashi should just hire him to draw Hunter x Hunter.
Togashi have his fucking wife who is crazy like him(see her interview about wanting to make a SM character a robot who has the "gag" to broke into piece in her battle), also his brother was a ****** mangaka(not as talented as tosh tbh). With all that option and he still wanting to draw they won't hire Tosh to touch his work.

Nisio Isin x Saeki Shun are a good combo too. I like Nisio Isin writing and Saeki Shun's art.
I prefer Nisio with a more amateur person, I don't hate Shonen Shojo(is like medaka, but with edgy instead nekketsu), But I like Nisio Helping amateur than akira evolve and reach his peak.
But yeah, Shun is a good option to Nisio, most of his artist were ****** artist...

Shimabukuro should make a manga about marathon races. He's always commenting in the TOC about his participation in those races, like the Tokyo Marathon. He's good with sports manga, that Ring series he made before Toriko was pretty fun.
I agree, would be fun(and I`m not a fan of him)

Last edited:

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Tosh drawing Hunter x Hunter would be pretty bad. It won't fit at all. We're better off with Togashi than Tosh...he's pretty overrated too and just praised by horny teenagers (most of the time).

lobito180

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I was thinking, what if they added 3 more montlhy series to the magazine? I think it would be cool to have all the series every week and then there would be 4 that appeared once a month, like Boruto. It would be really cool if Togashi, for instance, could draw HxH on a montlhy basis (even if it was only +/- 20 pages, like a weekly series...).

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Monthly series in a weekly magazine is the thing I hate the most in Sunday.If it with Togashi or an old veteran I would accept(I don't want a rookie like the boruto artist because like togashi say in the last interview a mangaka progress better when he has a weekly series)

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No , it's not, Neverland first has better interaction, art , writing(and was the worst point of the first chapter) and character, also they make your read the next chapter as much as the first was meh.
Love Rush want make to much thing that fail, I'm not a fan of Yuuna but the writing , with all the echii, is better, and the shift
Echii-action is decent like Soma.
In general, comparing in the magazine, Yuuna >>>> Love Rush, Kimetsu >>> Neverland , also Neverland >> Love Rush.
It was my personal opinion, you don't have to agree with it. Romances are my light and refreshing kind of reading, I read them a lot and and matters to me it is the ability of the story to make laugh and have a good time. In that regards, Love Rush was pretty consistent to me.
The Promised Neverland is a much more serious story and as such I treat much more seriously. The prison-like thing with a superior being who treats human like cattle reminds you of something? Yes, Seraph of the End, which had a much better beginning. The kind of settlement where there is an island where the characters live and an outside world unknown for them all have examples: Tegami Bachi and Shingeki no Kyojin, which, again, I consider better.
The Promised Neverland has to do better if it wants to impress me.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think Seraph of the End can be better than anything, but that's just me.
It's the Black Clover of Jump SQ.

Avok

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
It's the Black Clover of Jump SQ.
Now that you mention it, yeah, pretty much. But I think Black Clover is more a bit more cohesive.
Seraph is 20 different things smashed together just for the sake of it.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Now that you mention it, yeah, pretty much. But I think Black Clover is more a bit more cohesive.
Actually, I personally think Black Clover offends more at that specific critique.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I thought that was Ao no Exorcist :3c
Ao no Exorcist is generic and boring, but it's not offensively bad.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You have to have more than a single item for cohesion to occur.

I thought that was Ao no Exorcist :3c
That was the Bleach of SQ until we finally started getting actual plot stuff again.

Azure Warrior

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guess which three iconic anime characters will be appearing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?

Haven't read Love Rush!! yet, but I doubt it's really worth based on reactions here...

Avok

Reaction score
Country
You have to have more than a single item for cohesion to occur.
Actually, I personally think Black Clover offends more at that specific critique.
What I mean is that while Black Clover can be cliche, it is an action adventure with medieval setting. You have witches, mythical creatures, dungeons and castles, and that's it.

But in Seraph you have vampires, human-killing viruses, demons, Angels, weird monsters, and on top of that you have a school setting, military elements, and a post-apocalyptic scenario because the virus killed everyone over 13. Like, what?

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Guess which three iconic anime characters will be appearing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?

Haven't read Love Rush!! yet, but I doubt it's really worth based on reactions here...
shin-chan, astroboy, and luffy? :XD

Azure Warrior

Reaction score
Country
United States
shin-chan, astroboy, and luffy? :XD
Close enough. It's Luffy, Naruto, and Goku as the main Shueisha reps for the Olympics. Though Shin Chan, Doraemon (who was revealed at the Rio 2016 ceremony's ending), Astro, and the others are there because they are just as popular (Jibanyan being the most debatable since he's a recent character).

Not surprised why some are complaining about the lack of Pikachu, Ichigo, and Miku Hatsune. Bleach is a popular series, but it's nowhere near as big as giants like Dragon Ball and One Piece.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Honestly Jojo would take Naruto spot if not for Naruto international recognition.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Close enough. It's Luffy, Naruto, and Goku as the main Shueisha reps for the Olympics. Though Shin Chan, Doraemon (who was revealed at the Rio 2016 ceremony's ending), Astro, and the others are there because they are just as popular (Jibanyan being the most debatable since he's a recent character).

Not surprised why some are complaining about the lack of Pikachu, Ichigo, and Miku Hatsune. Bleach is a popular series, but it's nowhere near as big as giants like Dragon Ball and One Piece.
Ha! I knew it was the three in the middle. But can't help and wish for shin-chan to be there. it'd be pretty hilarious :XD Him running with Misae :teehee

I can understand about Pikachu and Ichigo. don't know anything about Miku though.

No HxH characters? I understand it's on hiatus, but I believe it's still one of the most popular.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Yeah, Pikachu is definitely an odd exception, what with the recent Pokemon GO craze and all. Hatsune Miku is still too niche for some, I think. Crossing my fingers for All Might and Deku getting the last-minute spot in the promos. 4 years should be good enough to build a sizeable fanbase by then.

P.S.: Adding in Kenshin would be a nice touch too, since that's another character that can be recognized by line-of-sight by common folks.

Captain Tsubasa and Hanamichi of Slam Dunk is definitely going to get a spot. I actually wonder how many in the future Team USA roster would've heard of Slam Dunk.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
P.S.: Adding in Kenshin would be a nice touch too, since that's another character that can be recognized by line-of-sight by common folks.

Captain Tsubasa and Hanamichi of Slam Dunk is definitely going to get a spot. I actually wonder how many in the future Team USA roster would've heard of Slam Dunk.
Speaking of Kenshin. Be sure to help him in the Husbando Wars which is now in the Nomination period and should start in roughly 9 days. :occa

Hanamichi should be there. Tsubasa was in the teaser so I think he'll be there. watching the teaser brought so much nostalgia. :arf can't believe I forgot about Super Mario.

Other ones I'm hoping for is Great Teacher Onizuka and Saitama. :XD

Last edited:

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Japanese team needs to qualify for the 2020 basketball olympics and a player should dye his hair red lol

Status
Not open for further replies.