Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkzerx9

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
56
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Issue #25 ToC:

Issue #25:
Lady Justice(Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Black Clover
Sesuji wo Pin! to Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso (Color Page, 25pg)
Assassination Classroom
Haikyuu!!
Boku no Hero Academia(Color Page)
Naruto Gaiden - Nanadaime Hokake to Akairo no Hanatsu Tsuki
Gintama
Toriko
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Shokugeki no Soma(Color Page)
Hiromaru Zumou
Kagamigami
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Kochikame
Ultra Battle Satellite
Bleach
Isobe Isobee Monogatari


Issue #26:
Devilyman(Cover, Lead CP)
I hope Kagamigami recovers a bit
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Look, Hinomaru Zumou isn't in Bottom 5?! Also is in his normal position of 8th place and middle of the TOC.

Black Clover in 2nd O_O!

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Top Ranked Positions Averages from 2015 TOC(#1 - #25)

1º - One Piece(1.64)
2º - Assassination Classroom(2.25)
3º - Boku no Hero Academia(2.38)
4º - Haikyuu!!(3.53)
5º - Shokugeki no Soma(3.94)

---
6º - Black Clover(4.75)
7º - Toriko(5.76)
8º - Hinomaru Zumou(6.42)
9º - Gintama(6.67)
10º - Kagamigami(6.83)

---
11º - Saiki Kusuo no Sainan(7.24)
12º - Nisekoi(8.44)
13º - World Trigger(8.67)
14º - Bleach(10.83)
15º - Ultra Battle Satellite(11.00)

---
16º - Kochikame(11.24)
17º - Takujou no Ageha(12.53)
18º - Kaizou Ningen Roggy(13.00)
19º - Judos(13.00)
20º - Gakkyuu Houtei(13.00)

---
SPECIAL - Isobe Isobee Monogatari(13.26)
22º - Hi-Fi Cluster(13.71)
23º - E-Robot(13.75)
24º - Cyborg Roggy(14.00)
25º - Sporting Salt(14.38)
---
26º - Lady Justice(0.00)
27º - Dance-bu(0.00)
28º - Naruto Gaiden(0.00)
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I need awhile to gather what to say about BLack Clover,all I can think of is random symbols and sounds like hq Hinata.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Black Clover will stay with us for a long time now. And that is a good thing. The latest chapter are aweome.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Regardless on if BC is successful and even gets better, it still has one of the worst beginnings I've ever read in any jump manga.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
The chapter of Kagamigami that ranked this weel is the worst chapter yet, so no surprise that there was a fall, as of the ranking of chapter 9 or 10 I do believe we will see a rise. BC sure does surprise with it's ranking.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Let us know when someone finds Dance-bu raw, please. :zomg

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Great art IMO. :nod
It is seems that it is the same settlement as Kuroko-san where the girl is strong as hell and the guy gets in trouble because of her(?).
I like this kind of settlement... Let's see if I can buy some time to read it as well...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
interesting toc

I'm glad there are many people enjoying BC, because I surely don't.

Bleach is dead last for the second week on a row, I know wsj won't cancel it, but it current rankings might speed up the ending.

UBS isn't cancelled..........yet.

how old is this guy? he looks really young


#25:

the ecchi is real people
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The cover looks good, hopefully the series is better than that awful one shot.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Didn't pass through you guys minds that if they are making this series, that's because that "awful" oneshot was well received? :heh
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't pass through you guys minds that if they are making this series, that's because that "awful" oneshot was well received? :heh
That doesnt mean the series will be 1) non awful 2) well received.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That doesnt mean the series will be 1) non awful 2) well received.
I will not discuss it with you. You already made up your mind at the very moment you saw a sexy girl in the cover. It would be a waste a time. I would like to discuss this with more impartial people. :nod
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I will not discuss it with you. You already made up your mind at the very moment you saw a sexy girl in the cover. It would be a waste a time. I would like to discuss this with more impartial people. :nod
What does a sexy girl have to do with this?
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I remember the one-shot of Cyborg Roggy was well-received. Look what happen to it.
Whether a one-shot was well-received doesn't necessary reflect it's success rate. It could do better or worse than the reception of the one shot.
I have not read Lady Justice so I can't pass judgement on it yet.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The chapter of Kagamigami that ranked this weel is the worst chapter yet, so no surprise that there was a fall, as of the ranking of chapter 9 or 10 I do believe we will see a rise. BC sure does surprise with it's ranking.

So far kagamigami's worst rankings were the battle heavy chapters (4 and 5). Next week's rank should be chapter 6 and a return to a more comedic form similarly to chapter 2, which performed quite well. Curious to see how readers respond to the interaction between mako, keiichi and takumi. I do think it's possible to see a steady up tick before chapter 9, but that all depends on if readers take to saya, the tsundere (introduced in chapter 7), and haku, the weak shikigami (chapter 8).
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
What does a sexy girl have to do with this?
SharkBait doesn't like ecchi series with girls. That is all there is to it, as you can see it's pretty simple.

I am still hoping for a series in Jump with a girl as the main lead like Medaka to be well received and well done...
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I remember the one-shot of Cyborg Roggy was well-received. Look what happen to it.
Whether a one-shot was well-received doesn't necessary reflect it's success rate. It could do better or worse than the reception of the one shot.
I have not read Lady Justice so I can't pass judgement on it yet.
There are times when the author does a good oneshot, is well-received and all. When the serialization comes, they change the story completely and it gets worse than the original oneshot. It is a case-by-case scenario.
I don't usually read oneshots, so I don't have many examples, but I have two in the opposite sides.
Nisekoi had a well-received oneshot and then it became a series with the first chapter and a bit of the second pratically with the same premise as the oneshot, except the ending. It made success.
Hungry Joker, on the other hand, had a very good oneshot that was well-received. However, they changed the story completely in the serialization, you couldn't say that it was the same story, really... In this case, the reader has no other choice than judge the serialization alone. Hungry Joker serialization was bad and then it didn't make success, of course.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top