Surprised Psyren fans didnt even buy it.
And WT outperforming HEro Academia is excellent.
*5. 167,149 *,167,149 World Trigger Vol.11
*6. 163,233 *,163,233 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.4
Hopefully WT becomes the next Bleach.
What? You mean the next series to have a drastic decline in popularity due to hackneyed, terribly paced, unfocused storytelling in the latter half of the series and a filler riddled anime adaptation that further pronounces the Bleach manga's already horrible pacing?
No, but in all seriousness, throughout short time I had previously been lurking this forum, I'd seen a lot of "doom and gloom" talk in regard to WT, so I'm glad Ashihara's series doing well. Given the fact I'm still fairly green to certain commonalities in regard to manga sales, especially between respective series, I'm not certain how well WT usually sells within its first. Nonetheless, selling 167k with just 4 days sounds like a pretty big deal. I'm about 25 chapters in with WT, but thus far I'm enjoying what I'm reading.
In regard to the contrast in sales between both WT and BnHA, let's be fair here. My personal preference for BnHA aside, I think it speaks volumes for the series to sell 163k in just 4 days. I think saying WT outperformed BnHA in sales, which technically it did, is a little too strong of a word to use in this situation, since WT sold approximately 3 to 4k more than BnHA. That isn't necessarily a huge gap in sales, in my opinion Not to mention, WT has had a little over two years to build a sizable fanbase; not to mention the fact it currently has an ongoing anime, though I'm not sure how much of an effect this has had on its overall manga sales since the recently released volume 11 is the only one on the charts. I think BnHA managing about 160k in its first week between each volume, and without an anime no less, is pretty dang impressive, if you ask me.
DeidaraGrimmjow said:
1. Outdoing Soul Cathers isn't that impressive. I was hoping BC would do more honestly. How many days were recorded, do you know?
Soul Catchers and BC released on June 4, right? So if I'm not mistaken, 4 days worth of sales should have been accounted for.