- Joined
- Feb 6, 2015
- Messages
- 126
- Reaction score
- 25
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Thank you. That's pretty amazing for 42 volumes.It was selling around 700k near its end on volume 42. Possibly more during anime initial boost.
Thank you. That's pretty amazing for 42 volumes.It was selling around 700k near its end on volume 42. Possibly more during anime initial boost.
PoT had a circulation of 40 million around volume 40. It did well back then.Thank you. That's pretty amazing for 42 volumes.

The top ten manga in Japan for the week of March 12th, 2008:
1. One Piece, Volume 49
2. Hunter x Hunter, Volume 25
3. D.Gray-man, Volume 14
4. The Prince of Tennis, Volume 41
5. To Love-Ru, Volume 8
6. Mx0, Volume 8
7. Team Medical Dragon, Volume 16
8. Natsume Yuujinchou, Volume 5
9. Kiniro no Corda, Volume 10
10. Oishimbo, Volume 101
The end of the anime and the hiatus.I know this.
But from 99 to 2002 it dropped from 1 to 14.
I don't know what happened.
Well the difference is that if I don't like a series I drop it. So my criticisms for Lady Justice were reasons that I never even read even a gram of it. It was flawed at the conceptual stage and thus didn't imply to me to even give it any bit of time. Notice that I have not commented about it at all ever since saying its criticisms.So, does that mean you're joking when you said you hated Lady Justice? All the legit criticism(excessive fanservice) about Lady Justice was just a mere cover up of how much you like the series?
Because that's what your statement is totally implying in general. So, if I write any sort of criticism about Black Clover, I'm just being a tsundere about not liking the series!![]()
I believe I am extremely open minded to people's opinions and value each one as if they were a coveted diamond in the rough. I insert each opinion onto an imaginary scale and weigh them against my own to see if they are similar or different. It is no secret that I value extremely well written, unique, and definitive series focusing on friendship and the grassroots values of action manga and have unfortunately been caught in the rut of being a hardcore fan of literary masterpieces in Jump that have met an unfortunate end (Gakkyu Hotei, Stealth Symphony) and that never had a positive fandom on this site. However, their opinions were contrary to reality in that these were not flawed series but literary masterpieces. The same is true for BLack Clover which is fortunately avoiding an unfortunate end. Im always willing and open to discuss the beauty of these manga.I'm happy that you're enjoying Black Clover and that you want your favourite manga to succeed. When it comes to any sort of criticism, being defensive about it is normal. I'm pretty defensive when other people criticize my favourite series but I accept that people have different taste from me and that my favourite series has flaws.
Let's face it, not everybody like the same thing and nothing is truly perfect. You don't like Lady Justice (you even voiced your criticism about it) but there are other that actually enjoy the series despite the flaws. Likewise, you enjoy Black Clover but there are other who don't. It has nothing to do with "hating on popular series" mentality. People just have different taste.
It's really really really obvious that you like Black Clover. From your POV, any criticism about it is blasphemy. You can be defensive all you want but please don't put down other people opinion as a mere joke or haters. If you disagree with them, just have a discussion with them.
Likewise with Naruto and Fairy Tail, people have voiced out their criticism about it. But it doesn't stop people from enjoying it and debating it regardless.
You know that One Piece first volume got a 300k 1st print, right? And that next volumes started getting even bigger print values right? One Piece totally sold more than 38k!I would not say low since it got 1st place on the TOC. Yeah it did not sold so well like BnHA but 38k is pretty empresive for a new series. Just look at the others "newcomers" how much they sold.
I bet even Naruto One Piece sold less than this.
Hunter x Hunter(2002)
Volume 8
14. HunterxHunter
Volume 9
13. HunterxHunter
Volume 12
11. HunterxHunter
Volume 16
14. HunterxHunter
Volume 24
14. HunterxHunter
The "oh, so pretty" hxh was not a instant success as some people say it seems...
You keep saying literary masterpiece but I don't think you know what that means.Well the difference is that if I don't like a series I drop it. So my criticisms for Lady Justice were reasons that I never even read even a gram of it. It was flawed at the conceptual stage and thus didn't imply to me to even give it any bit of time. Notice that I have not commented about it at all ever since saying its criticisms.
People that seemingly dislike BLack Clover from chapter one still seem to read it weekly, the same as people who criticize Bleach, Fairy Tail, Naruto read it every week still.Clearly there was something they liked about all these series that kept them reading, which is why, it is hard to accept the platform that they hate the series. Yuri manga is like avocados or guacamole to me, I hate avocados and guacamole, and therefore I dont eat them. Since Yuri manga is the same, I dont read Yuri manga.
I believe I am extremely open minded to people's opinions and value each one as if they were a coveted diamond in the rough. I insert each opinion onto an imaginary scale and weigh them against my own to see if they are similar or different. It is no secret that I value extremely well written, unique, and definitive series focusing on friendship and the grassroots values of action manga and have unfortunately been caught in the rut of being a hardcore fan of literary masterpieces in Jump that have met an unfortunate end (Gakkyu Hotei, Stealth Symphony) and that never had a positive fandom on this site. However, their opinions were contrary to reality in that these were not flawed series but literary masterpieces. The same is true for BLack Clover which is fortunately avoiding an unfortunate end. Im always willing and open to discuss the beauty of these manga.
I don't think there is such a thing as a manga masterpiece (yet) (anime however is a different story) due to it being such a profit driven industry, without any waves of artistic experimentation or innovation like film, music, and literature all have had.Do in your comment, you claim that there are no mangas whatsoever to be literary masterpieces?
I would admit that I don't know the world of literature well enough yet I can somewhat get a picture of your definition for a litarary masterpiece. The only manga that comes to mind for me would be Slam dunk, that had an impact over a whole country and as of it the entire state of basketball in japan took a leap to the better. The term really does sound hypebolic in relation to manga although it's my favourite medium for fun and inspiring stories.
Why cant something targeting children be a masterpiece. Should Watership Down, a true literary masterpiece, be downgraded to some silly novel because it is read by children?You keep saying literary masterpiece but I don't think you know what that means.
An artistic masterpiece is something along the lines of My Night At Maud's by Eric Rohmer, Andrei Rublev by Andrei Tarkovsky, if On A Winters Night A Traveler by Italo Calvino, Spirit They've Gone They've Vanished by Animal Collective, or Tago Mago by Can.
Something that has impeccable everything, embraces experimentation while still being somewhat accessible, and are also incredibly influential or innovative.
Not some silly child's comic book.
I wish Michael Bay got more love instead of Nolan. Mr. Bay always makes movies such exciting and visceral affairs pushing the limits on sound technology and visual effects. His mechas movies make me drool from the extensive details to mechs on screen (and Shia).It's also hard not to be arrogant about my knowledge when you see things like people praising mediocre directors like Christopher Nolan, yet not even being aware of the existence of incredibly entry level as well as freakishly influential directors like Ingmar Bergman.
1. Read the rest of my posts on the page. I clearly said that works aimed at children CAN be masterpieces, but most aren't.Why cant something targeting children be a masterpiece. Should Watership Down, a true literary masterpiece, be downgraded to some silly novel because it is read by children?
I wish Michael Bay got more love instead of Nolan. Mr. Bay always makes movies such exciting and visceral affairs pushing the limits on sound technology and visual effects. His mechas movies make me drool from the extensive details to mechs on screen (and Shia).
Back when v.32 was published in 2012, it sold more than the volume of Naruto published at the same time.The end of the anime and the hiatus.
HxH was very popular from the start. People often say that if not for the pauses, the series would be the number 2 of the magazine.
Not anymore, even though it is on of the Top 10 best selling Shonen Jump Titles. However HxH is a pillar of Shueisha. The readership of Jump is changing every 5 years - so most of the readers do not know HxH through Jump at all unless they read the volumesHxH totally isn't a pillar of Jump, no way.
![]()
![]()
There's no rule that there has to be only three pillars. Bleach could have just been the fourth. 4 makes for more appropriate number than 3 anyway if you're talking about "pillars."Yes, he is no longer a pillar, but, as I said, could easily have been. In other words, bleach was an intruder. XD
Source?You know that One Piece first volume got a 300k 1st print, right? And that next volumes started getting even bigger print values right? One Piece totally sold more than 38k!
While Naruto got worse rankings than Black Clover at the beginning(it really did?) I don't doubt it sold more than 38k in its first volume.
Just kidding. What about the old work of Shimabukuro? I heard it was well famous and that was to get an anime, but the author was arrested.There's no rule that there has to be only three pillars. Bleach could have just been the fourth. 4 makes for more appropriate number than 3 anyway if you're talking about "pillars."