- Joined
- May 25, 2013
- Messages
- 599
- Reaction score
- 236
- Country
-
Yeah. There were even Korosensei hats and ties.and Assassination Classroom?
Yeah. There were even Korosensei hats and ties.and Assassination Classroom?
Calling it a "flagship" and comparing it to the series you mentioned would be ridiculous, but that wasn't the point of the last posts. It was about World Trigger not being in danger of cancellation anytime soon. I haven't seen a lot of overhyping either except for it being seen as a great series in terms of "quality", which doesn't really have any connection to Japanese popularity anyway.Last week I was in Fukuoka, Japan, And I visited the Jump official Store. Most of the merchandising was One Piece, Gintama, Naruto, Jojo and a little bit of Kuroko and Haikyuu.
I was rather shocked by the lack of World Trigger merchandising. Most of my Japanese friends don't read it either (but I don't think that's an indicator since they're in their 20s)
After seeing the real impact in a Jump Store in Japan, I kind of think that the West is overhyping a series that's not that popular there. (At least compared to the really popular stuff)
Maybe I got it wrong, but I can't see WT becoming a flagship or even getting to the 300 chapter mark.
But I may be wrong, of course. It was only one store.
Youd really use a pervy mousepad? iCant.SPeaking of merchandise. I want this mouse pad. But first I would need an external mouse
![]()
https://twitter.com/shokugeki_anime/status/644518256120692736
I would call it an orthopaedic mouse pad to protect my wrist. If I had a mac and a mouse you could name me then iCunt.Youd really use a pervy mousepad? iCant.
But think about the possibilities for a second...Youd really use a pervy mousepad? iCant.
That third one though...need. I hope Food Wars gives Taku and Soma one.

I actually liked it. I didn't know what to expect going in, but the art and leads are awesome, and I love some of the expressions made. I'll be following this raw for sure. That being said, I dunno about it's overall survival, but I'd be willing to hope it's successful.
The mangaka surely knows how to play to his strengths and weaknesses.I actually liked it. I didn't know what to expect going in, but the art and leads are awesome, and I love some of the expressions made. I'll be following this raw for sure. That being said, I dunno about it's overall survival, but I'd be willing to hope it's successful.
I agree, the art in the manga was rather simple yet stylish. I liked how it combined action with comedy. Will definitely be following this, and will also be buying the vols when they come out.The mangaka surely knows how to play to his strengths and weaknesses.
I guess you mean that gif: http://imgur.com/ndKpk6QHey all, this is somewhat of a thread related question so I thought I'd ask. I distinctly remember a user in this thread posted a gif of the manga process from One Piece. Could someone please kindly post it again or PM me? Much is appreciated![]()
I agree here. The art wasn't something special or noteworthy, the gag faces were rather bland and the two main protagonists look and act like generic stereotypes. The girl is afraid of all the things and the white/blue haired mysterious guy is an overpowered i-will-do-what-i-want guy. At least it doesn't try to win over the readers with unnecessary fanservice in the first chapter.Saying the truth I didn't like it.The art make looks the characters as kids and the story looks a bit banal and too weird,and the characters don't attract me at all
I found the gag faces quite funny. To each there own I guess. In the end Samon's survival will be based on how many people like it. Quality doesn't judge a series anymore *cough* Black Clover *cough*I agree here. The art wasn't something special or noteworthy, the gag faces were rather bland and the two main protagonists look and act like generic stereotypes. The girl is afraid of all the things and the white/blue haired mysterious guy is an overpowered i-will-do-what-i-want guy. At least it doesn't try to win over the readers with unnecessary fanservice in the first chapter.
By your definition, Black Clover would still be consider poor quality. By the definition you provided, quality is also based on how a product is compared to other products. Black Clover is easily when of the most terribly written series to grace the pages of Jump in recent years. Yet it found success want to know why? Well me too. I would like to know why Black Clover has found success when other series written by more competent writers (ex: Stealth Symphony, Iron Knight, heck even Kagamigami with it's eminent demise) have not. I get it, people have different tastes, but I feel there is a certain standard when it comes to story telling. I just don't feel Black Clover follows that standard. It has: terrible pacing. unfunny and forced character interactions, and some of the shallowest story telling in recent years.Read this
Seems like people forget what is "Quality" mean. It's a perspectives. In the end to satisfy the consumer. It synchronized with what people like and what people need.
You can say the series have no quality because you don't like it, and other people also can say that series have good quality because they like it.