1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Vote your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by jagman1x3, Jan 11, 2017.

1. savethecat

savethecat Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Imo Dr.Stone is just a Enjoyable C/B list series.
    It's that one tv show that isn't particularly great, but its a good time passer than you don't mind watching. However, you would really feel any type a way if the show if it gets cancelled. It was just a fun, enjoyable watch. You never got too invested in it though

giathuan2707 likes this.
  2. BanzaiMang

BanzaiMang Registered User

United States
    Fire Punch - 4 volumes - 400k copies in print
    The Disastrous Life of Saiki K - 21 volumes - 5 million copies in print

Savi, Scruffy8642 and giathuan2707 like this.
  3. Pietro

Pietro Registered User

Galactic Empire
    When world trigger will resume?
    I hope it doesn't become the next HxH

4. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Brazil
    I'm going to comply with poor quality because of this? Dr. Stone is an adventure, action manga and as such he is One Piece direct opponent, there is no escape. Notice that I'm talking about quality, not sales here. The clear question is why I said Naruto, which ended like crap, well, it was good until the beginning of shippuden. It is not impossible, there is Haikyuu now, which, as far I'm concerned, is in the same level as Slam Dunk in quality. My Hero Academia didn't get there yet, but it has potential to. Too early to say about The Promised Neverland, but it also has potential.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017, Original Post Date: May 19, 2017 ---
    "We never learn" was so cute in chapter 10, Takemoto is by far the cutest and my favorite. I just don't like how athletic girls has to be tomboy, the author should innovated a bit, but I think it is too much to ask from Jump series. In any case, this was the first chapter I really felt the romance side of the series although Takemoto had already showed glimpses. I enjoyed it and I hope the series get its ranking up a little bit.

5. James Rye

James Rye Registered User

Germany
    Dunno, haven't seen or heard anything about it for weeks. Maybe it is off for an entire year?

6. Pietro

Pietro Registered User

Galactic Empire
    I am worried about the fact it could become the next HxH or D.Gray man

7. Nakurawari

Nakurawari Registered User

Ireland
    I honestly didn't expect World Trigger's hiatus to last more than 2 months. I hope Ashihara is doing okay.

8. EmDee

EmDee Registered User

United States
    Well, it's not like he's dying. He was able to draw the volume cover after all, and I believe the little extras as well.

9. savethecat

savethecat Registered User

United States
    From what I heard the condition he's suffering from isn't something people just recover from. So even after this hiatus I still expect more hiatuses

10. UnspokenCoconut

UnspokenCoconut Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Galactic Republic
    This is just feels weird in my eyes. Souma have had so many educational stuffs about meat/spices/how to coock certain ingredient, etc. But I never even once heard someone said Souma was an educational series. Just because it's about cooking, doesn't mean its not/less educational than science-y things.

To praise Dr Stone just because it have some simple science feels quite "huh, what?" to me.

James Rye, EmDee and Rica_Patin like this.
  11. G_I_A

G_I_A Banned

Brazil
    "Could"? Come on, it's already the next big thing on hiatus world.

So it's exactly like I said, huh? People set the bar too high imagining that any new manga could be the next big thing, get frustrated and then start hating haha.

We only have a series like that in what? 5~10 years?

12. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    You have to look for my posts if you want to read anything about Shokugeki no Soma here. People likes to talk about the bad side of the magazine here, not the good one, if you know what I mean.
    I didn't use the word educational, but I talked about it last Saturday. I even said that it was an underrated part of the series.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017, Original Post Date: May 19, 2017 ---
    It is not my fault you don't look for improvement and quality and is satisfied with anything.
    That's the kind of mindset that Sunday and Magazine have, sticking with the same authors and playing safe. Jump editors are not like that and most of the readers are not, that's why the majority of the series are dropped in the act. They are looking for greatness 24/7.

If the series has flaws, I will point that out, I am not accommodated.

13. G_I_A

G_I_A Banned

Brazil
    Nonono, I never said that you should be satisfied with it. We're all FAR from it. The thing is, you're completely biased for what you like and dislike. One thing is to be able too see flaws on both sides and make this noted. The other thing, which is completely different, is to plainly hate a series that simply did not satisfy what you expected.

If you did not understand what I tried to say, just read your comments about WCS and Dr. Stone.

14. SkerllyFC

SkerllyFC Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Dominican Republic
    What's wrong with Souma and Dr Stone being educational? That's a nice bonus

G_I_A likes this.
  15. giathuan2707

giathuan2707 Registered User

United States
    What's the trading card MHA game Horikoshi keep talking about? Is it like a gacha game where you can pull for different characters?

16. Nakurawari

Nakurawari Registered User

Ireland
    It's just a regular card game from what I can tell. I own one from volume 13's OVA bundle. It's what you'd expect.

There's a twitter for it:
    https://twitter.com/heroaca_tcg

giathuan2707 likes this.
  17. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    Are you for real? It is two completely different series, what you should expect from a romance/slice of life series is not the same thing you should expect from an action/adventure series! That said, I did criticize We Never Learn or didn't you read when I said that it was not there yet? The more I talk to you, the more I think that you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  18. Shinji Hirako

Shinji Hirako Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United Kingdom
    Respect to the Twin Star Exorcist mangaka for calling the Naruto/Bleach/One piece era his personal golden age of Jump on twitter. I'm always going to be bias towards those three series because they are my gateway in to anime/manga.

Doughboy, ruggia and ChocoBar9 like this.
  19. ChocoBar9

ChocoBar9 Registered User

United States
    Its a weird feeling seeing mangaka of this day and age saying that Naruto, Bleach and One Piece were a huge inspiration to their current work output since I grew up reading them as well. I obviously don't have that same feeling when Kishimoto and Oda said that Dragonball heavily inspired their works because obviously it was before my time and I didn't start reading it until years after it had finished its run while I was reading Naruto and One Piece as they were running in Jump.

Doughboy, Newkerzy and Shinji Hirako like this.
  20. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    Man, how time runs fast... From 2020 onward we will have authors that wasn't even born when One Piece started. Oda must be feeling really old right now, even more when people treat him like an elder that was inspiration for them. XD