Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I only read a few chapters of Illegal Rare, but from what I did it seemed way more interesting than most of the stuff that goes through Jump, I could hardly believe it got cancelled so early. Maybe it went to shit later on, or I just have shit taste, I certainly hope that won't happen here. I mean, with just Tamura and Fujimaki's comedy alone they should be able to make decent success id imagine. Both their latest one shots were bloody hilarious so I'm happy they're both back. Although the Japs don't seem to appreciate the masterpiece that is Saiki, so maybe not?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, 6 new series is insane. From what I remember, I never saw so many mangas starting from once.

The last time a big amount of series started together like this was in Kagamigami, Black Clover, UBS and Roggy's batch, wasn't it?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Tamura and Shiibashi are very comparable, their series went pretty much the exact same way in terms of popularity.
In the day of judgement you shall be no excused by that sin.

Beelzebub is beyond better than Nurarihyon no Mago.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Guys why is anyone making any predictions whatsoever as to what series is going to be good before the preview page is uploaded and we can see which one has the best boys?
Maybe I've just come to expect too much.
If you think people won't start guessing which manga will be good based on the preview page you're giving people too much credit
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Beelzebub volumes couldn't even sell 200k per weak. The manga survived o long only cos jump would end newer series. In the end no one care for it in japan.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
gag and comedy manga don't usually sell a lot

it ran for 6 years and got a long running anime

it was a success and a notable series in the magazine recent history
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Guys why is anyone making any predictions whatsoever as to what series is going to be good before the preview page is uploaded and we can see which one has the best boys?
Maybe I've just come to expect too much.
I was about to put some sense into people's minds again here, but I was too late. XD

Normally it doesn't make much sense to make predictions early, but in this case most of the new series are from artist that have either already obtain some success or have a decent collection of work. I think this time it's actually justified to guess which series will be the successes. Plus, it's always fun when new series come around, but this time we have more than usual
The fact that they had previous successes doesn't mean anything. We know that. The newbie can make a series and make success and a veteran don't. We have many examples.

Sorry Leoat, but battle manga is more my thing xD Anyway, we already have Ghost Tits, and I really don't want another Nisekoi.
You will not be forgiven of this heresy.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Does anyone read Origin? Does it look like it's ending?

I don't see how Boichi can draw 2 ongoing weekly manga in the same time
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
An anime adaptation of Hinomaru Zumou by Kyoto Animation could dethrone One Piece
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel like Black Clover will slowly get pushed out of the consistent top 3 ranks this year
Impossible, as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing it should consistently stay high. Everyone is in this for the long haul and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that will cannibalize its popularity in 2017.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
forget the top 3, It was out of the top 5 twice this arc :popcorn
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
forget the top 3, It was out of the top 5 twice this arc :popcorn
I think it was first place those weeks. Like World Trigger the editors put it in a lower place to give visibility to series that desperately needed the popularity. Itd be unfair to keep a popular series in the lead without giving the opportunity to other authors. You shouldnt always believe in the lower placement of an accomplished series.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's weird how editors' mind games never affect OP and BnHA
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does anyone read Origin? Does it look like it's ending?

I don't see how Boichi can draw 2 ongoing weekly manga in the same time
I translate the series. It's nowhere near it's ending and it's very popular and good.

Implying that One Piece is in a throne.
Really? The most sold manga of all damn time is not in a "throne". Yeah people... You can do better than this.

And omg, Beelzebub is REALLY good. It sold a lot even here in Brazil, the anime had consistent numbers and the manga despite not selling like battle shounen does, was fine by gag ratings.

And again, it IS better than Nurarihyon no Mago.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I was about to put some sense into people's minds again here, but I was too late. XD


The fact that they had previous successes doesn't mean anything. We know that. The newbie can make a series and make success and a veteran don't. We have many examples.

You will not be forgiven of this heresy.
Indeed. Even so it's way easier for veteran mangaka to do better cause they already have a fandom behind it. Check the most recent successes: Ansatsu, Boku no Hero Academia and even Black Clover. All made by veteran mangaka.

Promised Neverland is one of a kind manga.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Indeed. Even so it's way easier for veteran mangaka to do better cause they already have a fandom behind it. Check the most recent successes: Ansatsu, Boku no Hero Academia and even Black Clover. All made by veteran mangaka.
I dont understand, do you really think there were THAT many Barrage readers who enabled Hirokoshi to have an EASIER chance of being successful?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top