- Joined
- Apr 12, 2016
- Messages
- 4,125
- Reaction score
- 5,841
- Country
-
Not by Toei then sureOther than that, a Slam Dunk reboot would be epic.
Not by Toei then sureOther than that, a Slam Dunk reboot would be epic.
Slam Dunk by Production I.G would be the best anime of the decade.Not by Toei then sure
Let's see:I think a lot of people want Madhouse because of series like OPM/HxH 2011. Both were great but OPM was animated a lot from Bones. MAPPA is okay but I don't find them all that special. Bones is great and their record is really good lately.
Ufotable has had one of the worst track records I've seen in a very long time. They're up there with Toei animation. Only difference is that Toei lacks talent.
God eater, Katsugeki, Tales of Zestiria were one of the most boring titles. They are all game adaptations so probably that's why I wasnt interested. Also UBW wasn't that great and I only enjoyed Fate Zero from them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Its 22 million for serie (so normal edition + deluxe edition + bunko edition).
Hoshin Engi was a very popular series in Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine, and during 1 year it was one of the Top 3 series: Rurouni Kenshin, Masaru-san, Hoshin Engi.Soul Catcher(s) and Hoshin Engi are leagues apart in terms of actual numbers. Hoshin Engi has 22 million copies in print for 23 volumes in total whereas Soul Catcher(s) struggled to reach 100k within a month. This revival is most likely for the 50th anniversary of Shonen Jump next year. They're probably looking to revive popular series from the past.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Dr. Slump and Toei Animation is a different thing. Since a long time ago Toei brings old series and make remakes for them. Dr. Slump in fact already got one such as them - >At this point, pretty much any popular series from the past is possible. Shaman King was declined by Takei himself so that shows that producers are basically looking around to revive any popular series from the 90s or even earlier. I honestly would not be surprised if Arale was revived and was aired after Dragon Ball Super ends (whenever that is as right now there is no end in sight).
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Who said that Fist of the North Star isn't in Toei's hands anymore? One thing is being in the hands of Shueisha, other in the hands of Toei.50th anniversary reboots I would like to see
-Fist Of The North Star (it's not in Toei's hands anymore)
-Kinnikuman
-Kenshin
Like you said SBR got moved, it wasn't cancelled. Really happy that it got moved, that manga is a masterpiece.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
No, it wouldn't!Slam Dunk by Production I.G would be the best anime of the decade.
I know Ufotable has had anime series before Fate Zero. All I really liked from them was Fate Zero, that's really it. I'm talking about series after their digital animation team.Let's see:
Don't forget that Ufotable didn't started with Fate Zero. Nope, they are a much older studio. Have you ever heard of Manabi Line? That magical line that defines if an anime series breaks even or not? Do you know why it called Manabi? Because a series called Manabi Straight had horrible sales, but it was officially known that had broke even. Do you know which studio made Manabi Straight? Yep, Ufotable. And there is a ton of other series from Ufotable. Also recently(Fate Stay Zero pos time) they made two movies. One from Junji Ito and one Original.
Madhouse at a given time was releasing 3 to 4 series per season and had 1 or 2 long running series at the same time(Lilo&Stich and Beyblade). This means 12-16 series in a year. From those people remember about 1-2 good series per year of Madhouse. Meaning 10-14 series were pretty much forgotten. Why that might be I wonder?
Even now where they make around 1 series per season(or less) people only remember since 2011 around 6 series of them(HxH, OPM, Parasyte, Death Parade, Overlord, No Game No Life), And I would really argue about Death Parade popularity.
Bones people love to talk about them, but they totally forget all the bad or forgettable series they do like Captain Earth and Soul Eater Not.
MAPPA I only have one thing to say Teekyuu. :P
Still I love a lot of the series, that people think are forgettable and even bad, like Teekyuu. But sometimes is frustrating people that love to look like elite critics, but they love to forget the "dark" story of the studio they love to praise so much.
Why? He was probably exaggerating on it being the best of the decade but surely it'd be up there as one of the best animes.No, it wouldn't!
Why? He was probably exaggerating on it being the best of the decade but surely it'd be up there as one of the best animes.
Toei is the best studio in Japan!Bigivelfhq is Toei's apologist so in his mind they're the best studio in Japan. Slam Dunk by IG would be amazing. They surely can make sports series well. Not like Toei Animation and their awful work philosphy and half-assed products.


One Piece has slow pacing & the anime is atrocious most times. Their titles have been so disappointing for WSJ animes (One Piece, Toriko, WT, Slam Dunk, Yugioh (the first one), etc.)....either just poor animation/art or bad adaptations/directing. Toei is one of the worst studios...Toei is the best studio in Japan!
And the best anime of the decade is One Piece.
Now, seriously. An adaptation isn't simply "animation" and "art" and "did another good series of the same genre". This Things aren't simple, and shouldn't be seen in such a simplified and biased manner. Ok, you love Production I.G., I'm in the same boat. My Love for Haikyuu!! is pretty huge, and I also love Production I.G adaptation of Kuroko no Basket, and what I seen of Ace of Diamond. Production I.G.
While I believe It would most possible be a great anime, Production I.G. Slam Dunk. I don't think they would get right on many things, not on the level of the first adaptation.
Also one thing that I never seen Production I.G. getting that well, comedy. Specially short snippets seen in series like Slam Dunk. Toei Animation does that aspect actually pretty well. And Slam Dunk as a ton of those moments, the main character is a walking meme.
There's a pretty huge gap between forgettable and bad. I don't think anyone would complain about Captain Earth's production value.Bones people love to talk about them, but they totally forget all the bad or forgettable series they do like Captain Earth and Soul Eater Not.
What else is the studio expected to do? A lot of manga adaptations look like cut and paste jobs anyway.Now, seriously. An adaptation isn't simply "animation" and "art" and "did another good series of the same genre". This Things aren't simple, and shouldn't be seen in such a simplified and biased manner.
They only did season zero.Toei animated Yugioh? When did they stop animating them? Up to the Pegasus arc?
What people here often forget is that most of previous Toei efforts, despite not having the best production values, ahve managed to stay relevant even at international level. Yeah kids, Toeiis still a relevant and big studio. At this point, I think is not so much production values wha defines the best anime studio to work with, is how well they manage a product to make it good. Of course, Toei won´t always have successful products(depending of the staff) but they have done something as good as any overrated Bones or Madhouse production. Ufotable is a good studio with the graphics, yet it seems that only their Fate/ adaptations are good in writing terms.One Piece has slow pacing & the anime is atrocious most times. Their titles have been so disappointing for WSJ animes (One Piece, Toriko, WT, Slam Dunk, Yugioh (the first one), etc.)....either just poor animation/art or bad adaptations/directing. Toei is one of the worst studios...
IG nails some of the comedy moments in HQ.
The dubbed version was from a different studio altogether.Oh damn, for some reason I don't remember this opening in the kids dub.
Yeah man look how much of a good job they did with World Trigger it became an international success and people are begging for another season or how about Toriko a series that was so successful they had to cancel it prematurely because it was such a huge hit.What people here often forget is that most of previous Toei efforts, despite not having the best production values, ahve managed to stay relevant even at international level. Yeah kids, Toeiis still a relevant and big studio. At this point, I think is not so much production values wha defines the best anime studio to work with, is how well they manage a product to make it good. Of course, Toei won´t always have successful products(depending of the staff) but they have done something as good as any overrated Bones or Madhouse production. Ufotable is a good studio with the graphics, yet it seems that only their Fate/ adaptations are good in writing terms.
But as always in the internet, "if you hate Toei, you´re my friend. If you love it, you´re not. Hate it please!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I acknowledge they're successful but it doesn't take away their anime is shit.What people here often forget is that most of previous Toei efforts, despite not having the best production values, ahve managed to stay relevant even at international level. Yeah kids, Toeiis still a relevant and big studio. At this point, I think is not so much production values wha defines the best anime studio to work with, is how well they manage a product to make it good. Of course, Toei won´t always have successful products(depending of the staff) but they have done something as good as any overrated Bones or Madhouse production. Ufotable is a good studio with the graphics, yet it seems that only their Fate/ adaptations are good in writing terms.
But as always in the internet, "if you hate Toei, you´re my friend. If you love it, you´re not. Hate it please!!!!!!!!!!!!"
That's pretty much it. They hold a market share of all their titles and distribute them through their own label (most studios are hired by distributors so they don't reap any profit from their works) and it just so happen that the properties they have a hold on are the most popular in Japan hence why they're the most profitable anime studio still active next to Sunrise (who are just Bandai's stud horse for Gundam) but they haven't done anything I would call worth watching in years about the only thing they seem to be good at is 3DCG.I think IG should get REAL at some point. I haven't given it a try but I heard some people say it's just as good as Slam Dunk if not better.
I acknowledge they're successful but it doesn't take away their anime is shit.
Toei is just great at the business side of anime. That's all there is.