- Joined
- Aug 19, 2014
- Messages
- 1,735
- Reaction score
- 2,734
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Black Clover has never done 200k in the first week. It should ideally be able to do this next year but as of now, this is its highest first week sales,I'd say if it shows up on the top 30 franchises of 2017 then it's a success. Gintama, Soma, and Hero Academia were there so it's expected that Black Clover should too. Especially if it wants to live up to the expectations of "the next Naruto".
And since Sharkbait wants me to define "success", I'll explain the way that I see it: Yeah, in comparison to other manga, it's really successful seeing as most manga can't even break 100k. But you shouldn't be comparing it to the entire manga market, you should be comparing it to other Jump manga.
When you look at how all the promotion it's gotten has only amounted to about 200k first week sales, it's kind of hard to call it successful. I wouldn't call it a flop, but it's not something majorly successful either. When you compare it to Hero Academia, which had a similar amount of promotion, the results are hardly anything to write home about.
107704 (6)│136682│150383│------│------┃*,150,383 (*20)┃2017/05|ブラッククローバー 11
It just hit 200k in a month this last volume. If we're going to see the full boost, it'll be in the 2018 half yearly rankings. It'll have had around 8 months of sales then so ideally, we should see at least around 3-4 million then. I would expect it to be in the 2 million range in the 2017 yearly rankings set to come out at the end of the month.
Also i pick 500k because it's cool to say. Half a million copies per volumes, as oppose to say 400k or 300k per volume. I'm not going to look up the last 5 years of battle shounen and take the median number 